Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no model year Tesla.
You are right, in so far that they don't suddenly change the specification of every vehicle being manufactured from a single, fixed point in time. They assemble a set of sub-systems to meet or exceed a least common denominator spec. It makes it simple for them to build and for us to buy their cars.

However, they have, co-incidentally or not, introduced a raft of changes for the 2022 calendar year and updated the published specification to reflect changes to the underlying sub-systems. Have a poke about in the html source of the 'Design Your Model 3' page and you'll see comments like "New SR+ with BTF1 Battery GF03 SOP 10/1/2021" or "New LR AWD Trim w / BT43 GF03 SOP 11/8/2021" and "New Perf Trim w / BT43 GF03 SOP 1/1/2022". New is better.

In all models, new means a new battery sub-system (BTF1 or BT43) and the published spec (range) was updated for the new batteries before the start of the calendar year. The battery is probably the single most important sub-system of an EV. Rightly or wrongly I associate the 2022 model year with the battery and would feel short-changed to get last year's technology, even if it met or exceeded the new spec.

I couldn't care less about the number of loudspeakers, USB ports or whether the rear glass is laminated or not. These are the kind of inconsequential spec variations that occur throughout the quarter and year.

Reactions: AutomaticMan
You are right, in so far that they don't suddenly change the specification of every vehicle being manufactured from a single, fixed point in time. They assemble a set of sub-systems to meet or exceed a least common denominator spec. It makes it simple for them to build and for us to buy their cars.

However, they have, co-incidentally or not, introduced a raft of changes for the 2022 calendar year and updated the published specification to reflect changes to the underlying sub-systems. Have a poke about in the html source of the 'Design Your Model 3' page and you'll see comments like "New SR+ with BTF1 Battery GF03 SOP 10/1/2021" or "New LR AWD Trim w / BT43 GF03 SOP 11/8/2021" and "New Perf Trim w / BT43 GF03 SOP 1/1/2022". New is better.

In all models, new means a new battery sub-system (BTF1 or BT43) and the published spec (range) was updated for the new batteries before the start of the calendar year. The battery is probably the single most important sub-system of an EV. Rightly or wrongly I associate the 2022 model year with the battery and would feel short-changed to get last year's technology, even if it met or exceeded the new spec.

I couldn't care less about the number of loudspeakers, USB ports or whether the rear glass is laminated or not. These are the kind of inconsequential spec variations that occur throughout the quarter and year.
Oh wow, I didn’t realise you could figure out the battery in the source code. I just looked for my VIN but didn’t browse around in it. I’ll go have another look to see what info I can find… thanks!

I'm confused between "cat.3" and the "M50 Hairpin Wound DU variant" - are these different things? The latter can be determined by VIN digit 8 being 'L' which I've confirmed for mine.
Category 3 and hairpin wound are characteristics of the same 3D6 Drive Unit. I had an L as my 8th VIN character as well. It's the Dual Motor - Performance, Hairpin Windings DU. M50 refers to the LG M50 battery (option code BT43), paired with this DU in the MYP.

But, The character L was used to signify the Dual Motor Performance DU in the 2021 M3P as well and it was not hairpin wound etc. I thought that N for 2022 and L for the DU was the perfect pairing but now the Panasonic 3L battery is showing up I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
Oh wow, I didn’t realise you could figure out the battery in the source code.
Loads of info in there, e.g. an M3P from inventory with 352 miles range.

"Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance","Trt":12232,"TrtName":"EU-UK-ABP Ports-Southampton","UsedVehiclePhotosCompletedDate":null,"VIN":"LRW3282_5cfc1638e9b9366b4d26e5df8d6eaa37","Variant":null,"VehicleRegion":"England","VesselName":"GRANDE CALIFORNIA","VoyageNumber":"005-SOU","VrlName":"EU-UK-ABP Ports-Southampton"

"ManufacturingOptionCodeList":"AD15,AF00,APFB,APH4,AU3P,BC3R,BT42,CDM0,CH15,COGB,DRRH,DV4W,FC02,FG31,FM3P,GLCN,HL32,HM30,ID3W,IL31,LT03,MDL3,MR31,PPSB,PC31,REEU,RF3G,RS3H,S3PB,SA3P,SC04,STCP,SU3C,T3P3,TM00,TW00,UT3P,W33D,WR00,ZINV,MI02,PL31,SLR1,ST33,BG32,OSSB,AUF1,RSF1,ILF1,FGF1,CPF0,P3WS,HP31,PT01,RL31,LVB2,FD01,RD06,SWF1,PP02,VC01,LS01,SG01"

Reactions: MoSkeeto

"Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance","Trt":12232,"TrtName":"EU-UK-ABP Ports-Southampton","UsedVehiclePhotosCompletedDate":null,"VIN":"LRW3282_5cfc1638e9b9366b4d26e5df8d6eaa37","Variant":null,"VehicleRegion":"England","VesselName":"GRANDE CALIFORNIA","VoyageNumber":"005-SOU","VrlName":"EU-UK-ABP Ports-Southampton"

"ManufacturingOptionCodeList":"AD15,AF00,APFB,APH4,AU3P,BC3R,BT42,CDM0,CH15,COGB,DRRH,DV4W,FC02,FG31,FM3P,GLCN,HL32,HM30,ID3W,IL31,LT03,MDL3,MR31,PPSB,PC31,REEU,RF3G,RS3H,S3PB,SA3P,SC04,STCP,SU3C,T3P3,TM00,TW00,UT3P,W33D,WR00,ZINV,MI02,PL31,SLR1,ST33,BG32,OSSB,AUF1,RSF1,ILF1,FGF1,CPF0,P3WS,HP31,PT01,RL31,LVB2,FD01,RD06,SWF1,PP02,VC01,LS01,SG01"
Hmm... I don't seem to have any of that info in mine! Oh well, not the end of the world, collection date was the info I most wanted and I have that now at least!

Can you tell from that information whether the car was built in '21 or '22?, or whether it has the latest DU or processor for example?
The inventory M3Ps are described as '22 cars.

In all models, new means a new battery sub-system (BTF1 or BT43) and the published spec (range) was updated for the new batteries before the start of the calendar year.
The updates aren't reflective of the change in calendar year though. Plenty of BT43 LRs arrived in Dec, and in Oct for mainland Europe - as you say somewhat coincidental.

I think the jury is still out whether BT43 is going to be better for the M3P or not, some people don't think so and we don't have enough data yet to know for sure. Tesla don't even seem to be able to offer acceleration boost for the LR yet, if they haven't done enough testing to certify that I'm not sure how they expect the battery to delivery the power required for the M3P.

Does anyone know from experience how long it takes for Tesla to upload the invoice/contract after booking delivery date
About 3 working days for timeline to be precise:

Text To select delivery date: 14th January 2022, around 8 pm.
Invoice for payment appeared on my acc on 17th of January (no text or email, just appeared) and paid within 5 minutes of discovery)
Email to sign loan agreement (via smartsign): January 18th, before noon.

Last edited:
Reactions: MDowson954
Ordered my RWD on 25th Nov for approx Feb delivery and so far have heard nothing?

I know this is quite often the case from reading posts on here but as we are getting closer to Feb I thought I might have had some news by now especially as they are showing March delivery if you ordered one today.
Ordered mine Dec 5th for February delivery.
Contacted Tesla for an update a few days ago and they said March!

Same spec as me. I ordered in October and the estimated delivery then was November. Still not heard anything. Spoke to Emma the other day and asked what could be holding it up as I see loads of people ordering late December and already have delivery dates, I don't even have a VIN and all she replied was "there could be many factors" and closed the chat. Their customer service is shocking
Luke is MUCH more helpful and open than Emma I have found. He was more than happy to chat and answer all my questions (of which there were quite a few!) 🤣

I've been told by 3 different Tesla dealers plus my lease company, mine (M3P) will be coming in March with FULL 2022 spec, battery cpu motor.......as long as I have this recorded - if it doesn't I won't accept the car. Very simple.
Do we have the right to refuse after checking these things? i.e. can you go to the software screen and check CPU before clicking the agree to take delivery button?

Luke is MUCH more helpful and open than Emma I have found. He was more than happy to chat and answer all my questions (of which there were quite a few!) 🤣

Yeah I’ve noticed this. Emma, just doesn’t like talking it seems. I’ve spoken to my own Tesla advisor who has sorted out free home delivery for me. I’ve been texted and told delivery on 9th Feb, with complete 2022 specs. Still haven’t received VIN or anything at the moment.