Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
still tempted by LR even it just just for longevity so Ill have a 200mile banker range in the wet/cold/in 5 years time no matter what. new RWD should be 250 ish in the summer from new but closer to 200-210 in the winter and then maybe losing another 10% so 180-190 in a few years?

Tried to ask chat if LR would get me a car quicker as I'll be carless from next week, but he just said 'you'll get it this quarter we don't have any more data than that'. But presumably if LRs are on boats they should know if they have unmatched options matching my choice (18 aero/MSM). If they have a 'spare' LR and not a RWD then the LR will be sooner.?

He has a unicorn vehicle, I don't think there are any in the country yet with the lower powered motor, unless a few sneaked in during the end of Q4 21.
He's quoting the slower 5.8 seconds 0-60 time so I assumed it was the newer motor and battery combo but I'm not sure, there seems so many variations out there especially with the new processor they're quoting now although that doesn't affect the range of the rwd according to the info.

still tempted by LR even it just just for longevity so Ill have a 200mile banker range in the wet/cold/in 5 years time no matter what. new RWD should be 250 ish in the summer from new but closer to 200-210 in the winter and then maybe losing another 10% so 180-190 in a few years?

Tried to ask chat if LR would get me a car quicker as I'll be carless from next week, but he just said 'you'll get it this quarter we don't have any more data than that'. But presumably if LRs are on boats they should know if they have unmatched options matching my choice (18 aero/MSM). If they have a 'spare' LR and not a RWD then the LR will be sooner.?

Tried to ask chat if LR would get me a car quicker as I'll be carless from next week, but he just said 'you'll get it this quarter we don't have any more data than that'. But presumably if LRs are on boats they should know if they have unmatched options matching my choice (18 aero/MSM). If they have a 'spare' LR and not a RWD then the LR

Range comparison of RWD, LR and Performance

Range comparison of RWD, LR and Performance

right but thats cold (so worst case which is good)
The LR is a 75kwh battery and the 82 has around 76kwh usable

at mostly motorway speeds (70mph on the video)
- 60Kwh RWD : Winter 210 (so safe 200+ from new, maybe dropping below 200 after a few years) / Summer 240-250
- 82kwh LR (estimated): Winter 290 based on 76kwh usable at 3.8m/kwh, so still likely 250+ after a few years / Summer 320?

I've used the non-precondition figures to give me a 'round trip' estimate - how far can I get without thinking about charging.

If I'm going beyond that then I'd precondition and then the question is mainly about distance between superchargers, which isn't an issue even in my current SR+.

Some more great info from eivissa on the German forum; https://tff-forum.com/t/model-3-model-y-technical-changes-tech-details/100784/1185

View attachment 758664

I hadn't twigged that the 3D6 Hairpin rear motor (DU cat.2) was a valid option for 8th Vin character L.

So P is a mixed bag but Tesla are underpromising on the website so you'll get at least that, possibly more with a lottery?

RWD the 60kwh and lower motor seem confirmed, but no info on other items like Ryzen/12v lion/glass/wiper heater etc?

LR do we have confirmation of all cars being 82kwh? Website WLTP (and estimated on 18 aero) would suggest so? And likewise no news on MCU?

My procrastination on which to choose isn't helped by all this lack of clarity :D

He's quoting the slower 5.8 seconds 0-60 time so I assumed it was the newer motor and battery combo but I'm not sure, there seems so many variations out there especially with the new processor they're quoting now although that doesn't affect the range of the rwd according to the info.
Ignore what is says, he gets a lot of detail wrong. He didn't know about the unicorns so just assumed a 0-60 time based on the website. He also implies this is the first Tesla to come with an LFP battery, failing to understand they have been coming with them for 10 months beforehand.

That car is the old motor and new battery.

Reactions: MoSkeeto
Ignore what is says, he gets a lot of detail wrong. He didn't know about the unicorns so just assumed a 0-60 time based on the website. He also implies this is the first Tesla to come with an LFP battery, failing to understand they have been coming with them for 10 months beforehand.

That car is the old motor and new battery.
The one I test drove last November was a spec I was unfamiliar with as well, the sales guy said it was an LFP battery but with less range than the new ones, I think he said around 250 rather than 305 miles, guess a smaller battery maybe.

The one I test drove last November was a spec I was unfamiliar with as well, the sales guy said it was an LFP battery but with less range than the new ones, I think he said around 250 rather than 305 miles, guess a smaller battery maybe.
The Dec 2020 - Oct 2021 SR+ used an LFP battery of around 55 kWh capacity with an official range of 273 miles.
The current RWD uses an LFP battery of around 60 kWh capacity with an office range of 305 miles.

Reactions: Stusla
When I enter my Tesla order page I’ve been seeing this error for 2 days, what’s going on
88071A0E-B392-49DD-8EE0-C3839CBBCDD6.jpeg

So P is a mixed bag but Tesla are underpromising on the website so you'll get at least that, possibly more with a lottery?
Yes, we will get something that meets or exceeds the only two data points they provide - range and 0-60.

Personally, I didn't want to spend £60k in a lottery and will put my order on hold again (if necessary) until I get my must-have new sub-systems.

What will be interesting to see is whether the M3P is shipping with the cat.3 DU in combination with the Panasonic 3L battery.

It's anyone's guess what is happening with the suspension. It could just be changing the layout of the already minimal detail in the published spec. Lowered suspension is still showing on the mobile site, under wheels.

IMG_1212.PNG

Last edited:
Now that I'm looking forward to collection day (19 more days to go... the next few weeks is going to be psychologically tough with the waiting/anticipation 😄) does anyone know what assurances I'm supposed to get out of them on collection day if there are any issues when I inspect it? So, let's say I spot a problem with the paint, or the doors don't pop open properly on the button press, or something like that. If they can't fix it there and then, what do I do? Refuse collection until they're fixed? Get them to put in writing that they'll fix it under warranty? Just accept their verbal assurance that they'll fix it under warranty? What's the norm here?

Reactions: MDowson954
Now that I'm looking forward to collection day (19 more days to go... the next few weeks is going to be psychologically tough with the waiting/anticipation 😄) does anyone know what assurances I'm supposed to get out of them on collection day if there are any issues when I inspect it? So, let's say I spot a problem with the paint, or the doors don't pop open properly on the button press, or something like that. If they can't fix it there and then, what do I do? Refuse collection until they're fixed? Get them to put in writing that they'll fix it under warranty? Just accept their verbal assurance that they'll fix it under warranty? What's the norm here?
Very good question. I’m intrigued myself. From the countless amount of YouTube videos I have seen they are pretty good on that and will arrange it to be rectified at a service appointment. I’m sat wondering how busy the local superchargers will be on collection day 😂

Reactions: AutomaticMan

I had it with a couple of things on collection day
- interior headlining was dirty. They had a look to see if they had a replacement there and then but didn’t
- boot had a ding in it (dimple) which needed fixing or replacing

for both they said to raise a service request immediately before they marked it as ‘collected’ and that was that - came back and had it fixed about a week later when things calmed down.

so just go over it carefully and raise any snag list items before you drive off.

From what other owners have said, Tesla are good at rectifying any issues after delivery. Their after sales is better than legacy manufacturers. My biggest worry is with it being hastily cleaned with a gritty sponge before handover!

I was talking with a local owner last weekend who has worked in the car industry for years and done many PDIs. He was nervous about accepting delivery to his home, but said he couldn't fault it.

Friend of mine had his Tesla Model 3 delivered to home and it had not been prepped, even had the yellow writing on the screen from the transit. He complained and took photo's and all the point have now been sorted and the bonus of 1000 free supercharge miles for the hassle, I believe that you have 72hrs to point out and any issues but not sure where I read that. Two weeks and a couple of days to go before collection, the waiting is driving me nuts, 😂😂😂