Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a M3 RWD MSM/Black interior, 19" wheels and EAP early December, my order page has changed to this but no VIN in the source code and no texts. Wondering if it's a false flag? seeing there isn't an actual date range.

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 15.43.52.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MoSkeeto
M3 LR ordered in white with charity wheels; I think they work well with the white paint and recent black trim.

I just hope I don't find it sloppy as I have had rides in M3P on its 20's and a LR on 19's. LR on 19's rode well!

Ordered yesterday, paperwork approved this morning. March delivery! Fingers crossed for the new MCU and battery updates on the car!
Acceleration Boost planned, replica m3p spoiler and tints! Maybe some Eibach springs if I fancy it later!

I received my M3 AWD LRD in Midnight Silver (Grey Metallic) with 19" wheels last month (Dec 2022), have only charged once and it has only 450miles. Have been reassigned by my firm back to our head office in the USA hence moving shortly and need to sell this M3. This vehicle has both: (1) the data-enabled USB ports in the centre console (missing on lastest deliveries and (2) and has the 12-month Premium Mobile Network GSM/LTE (while all deliveries now only have 1-month free Premium Mobile Network GSM/LTE. If anyone is interested please see the ad on eBay. The vehicle is located in London, UK if anyone wishes to inspect and consider. I shall refund the 100 Tesla deposit to whoever purchases it.

M3 LR ordered in white with charity wheels; I think they work well with the white paint and recent black trim.

I just hope I don't find it sloppy as I have had rides in M3P on its 20's and a LR on 19's. LR on 19's rode well!

Ordered yesterday, paperwork approved this morning. March delivery! Fingers crossed for the new MCU and battery updates on the car!
Acceleration Boost planned, replica m3p spoiler and tints! Maybe some Eibach springs if I fancy it later!
Was also planning to buy the Acceleration Boost, but apparently, it's not (yet) available on recent vehicles due to a change in hardware - I think the battery specifically. Tesla doesn't seem to know a thing about it, but fingers crossed they figure it out soon! Would be good for someone with a December vehicle to confirm this is the case.

Reactions: AutomaticMan
It's anyone's guess what is happening with the suspension. It could just be changing the layout of the already minimal detail in the published spec. Lowered suspension is still showing on the mobile site, under wheels.

View attachment 759093

Definitely removed from the online spec;

(before and after)

Attachments

• Performance Upgrade 2.png
    Performance Upgrade 2.png
    442.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Performance Upgrade.png
    Performance Upgrade.png
    420 KB · Views: 52
Was also planning to buy the Acceleration Boost, but apparently, it's not (yet) available on recent vehicles due to a change in hardware - I think the battery specifically. Tesla doesn't seem to know a thing about it, but fingers crossed they figure it out soon! Would be good for someone with a December vehicle to confirm this is the case.
Yeah, me too and this is annoying as I had also planned to buy it. Hopefully Tesla do reintroduce it, but I guess there's no guarantee that they will?

Yeah, me too and this is annoying as I had also planned to buy it. Hopefully Tesla do reintroduce it, but I guess there's no guarantee that they will?
I just discovered there's a thread about this (thanks @Warp9lecy), with 2 people saying it has become available for the new battery pack in the last few days:

Could that be the answer to our prayers? 😯

Reactions: AutomaticMan
further down the thread a member says that the boost purchase option appeared after a few days. He has the LG battery. Acceleration Boost 2022 (UK)

I've email confirmation from the service centre that its available... although I know some aren't the most knowledgeable.

If I'm not confident its going to be available by delivery time I wont accept the car, complete deal breaker for me.

im starting to think no ryzen and they’re leading with the higher priced cars but let’s see. Only thing I really want is the bigger battery

logically I don’t care about ryzen. maybe on the model 3 they don’t even have the GPU so it won’t play the Witcher (not that I care). But there is a slim chance they start to roll out richer web features that really benefit from faster processor, and if I’m keeping it for 5 years that would be nice to at least know before the car just turns up.

I’m a tiny bit tempted to go for LR if it has ryzen and if it means getting it a month sooner as I have no car soon. But then the comments about maybe some LRs not coming with the better battery or motor so that’s all still a bit confusing too.
I'm tempted by the LR and although I would love the extra performance, the reality is I'm never going to get to use it because I have two very young kids (one only weeks old). I, therefore, can't justify the additional cost for the extra range that I don't need, footwell lights and an audio upgrade. Also, I really like the idea of the 100% charge of the LFP and the lower rate of battery degradation. My concern is the MCU, I've heard some people say the Intel MCU is not the snappiest, but it's OK and others say it's hopelessly laggy - at least on the multimedia side. I too don't particularly care about playing things like Witcher, but one thing that does frustrate me is lag, which is why I really want the Ryzen MCU because any improvement is a good thing even if it isn't perfect for whatever reason.
as posted earlier the intel vs Ryzen range is
View attachment 758428

so RWM is 491km which is 305miles - so exactly what Tesla have on their website for the RWD 305miles - so it looks like 305mile range is for Ryzen as they are advertising.
Ah, I missed that, thank you so much for the repost. I'm now really happy that I may well get a Ryzen MCU in my car when it arrives.

further down the thread a member says that the boost purchase option appeared after a few days. He has the LG battery. Acceleration Boost 2022 (UK)

I've email confirmation from the service centre that its available... although I know some aren't the most knowledgeable.

If I'm not confident its going to be available by delivery time I wont accept the car, complete deal breaker for me.
Good to hear! I was worried it was a financial decision by Tesla to remove AB (as it certainly puts some people off the more expensive M3P).

I will confirm my specs and AB upgrade availability on Feb 8th when I collect the vehicle. I know most people only believe what they see - and for good reason - so hope that will put anyone at ease before delivery, especially if it's a deciding factor.

as posted earlier the intel vs Ryzen range is
View attachment 758428

so RWM is 491km which is 305miles - so exactly what Tesla have on their website for the RWD 305miles - so it looks like 305mile range is for Ryzen as they are advertising.

devils advocate - they’re advertising the slightly lower range for Ryzen as ‘lowest common denominator’ like they are for the M3P - so regardless whether you get Atom or Ryzen you’ll have the specified range. You can still get Atom as the car will then do a little further than that range so no complaints

• Helpful
Reactions: milesr3
Added this widget to my Home Screen this morning as I waited bitterly for 45 minutes to get my bus to work as the first bus didn’t arrive. Widget goes in gap I saved for actual Tesla widget when I do get the car.

E0C487D9-6E8B-41EE-BFBB-A8C105577507.png

Also note presence of bus app on main Home Screen that will be joyously deleted at same time as Tesla count down reaches zero!

Reactions: MrT3 and JimbobT
they’re advertising the slightly lower range for Ryzen as ‘lowest common denominator’ like they are for the M3P
I don't think so (for the M3P). The published M3P ranges of 352 and 340 miles are based solely on battery capacity (82kWh vs. 79.1kWh). There is a further reduction in range of 5 miles for the Ryzen.

So, 340 miles covers three of the four possible combinations. But not yet the 'full 2022 spec'. Unless anyone has spoken with Tesla and knows better?

I don't think so (for the M3P).
Apologies for quoting myself and contradicting what I just said, but here's the full table (thanks to eivissa) from the battery wiki on the German site; [Wiki] Model 3 / Model Y - Batteriewiki / Akkuwiki

WLTP Table.png

The three combinations of battery and MCU we have with the M3P give 567km, 559km or 547km (352m, 347m or 339m) range. So it does look like 340 miles is the least common denominator. There is also a revised electric power assisted steering (EPAS) control unit, which might be saving some power to offset the Ryzen.

I received my M3 AWD LRD in Midnight Silver (Grey Metallic) with 19" wheels last month (Dec 2022), have only charged once and it has only 450miles. Have been reassigned by my firm back to our head office in the USA hence moving shortly and need to sell this M3. This vehicle has both: (1) the data-enabled USB ports in the centre console (missing on lastest deliveries and (2) and has the 12-month Premium Mobile Network GSM/LTE (while all deliveries now only have 1-month free Premium Mobile Network GSM/LTE. If anyone is interested please see the ad on eBay. The vehicle is located in London, UK if anyone wishes to inspect and consider. I shall refund the 100 Tesla deposit to whoever purchases it.
Is this the same one as advertised with £500 off elsewhere?