Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this the same one as advertised with £500 off elsewhere?
Yes i have reduced price to £500 less what I paid Tesla plus offering a further £100 off to cover deposit anyone may have paid, this way if it is the spec they are looking for they wont have to wait in the queue (which usually is postponed time and again) pulse they wont receive an incomplete vehicle plus they will get 12-month free Premium GSM/LTE Connectivity instead of just 1-month. Its advertised on eBay item number 115169214120 which can simply be searched for

Reactions: Cantonalegod
On the question of delivery (how long). I have a M3LR on order since October. In December I told Tesla CS that I don't want it until March because I want the 22 plate. Checking my account today I noted that they put an 'on hold' date until 8th Feb. That's a bit tight I thought, 20 days to get me a car. So I called them . . . "I'm a bit worried should I 'un-hold ' my order now" I asked. NO was the emphatic reply, "some orders made this month will be delivered in February" was the reply. .Dear God, . . . 4 weeks from order to delivery . . . . I hope their doing proper QC checks!

On the question of delivery (how long). I have a M3LR on order since October. In December I told Tesla CS that I don't want it until March because I want the 22 plate. Checking my account today I noted that they put an 'on hold' date until 8th Feb. That's a bit tight I thought, 20 days to get me a car. So I called them . . . "I'm a bit worried should I 'un-hold ' my order now" I asked. NO was the emphatic reply, "some orders made this month will be delivered in February" was the reply. .Dear God, . . . 4 weeks from order to delivery . . . . I hope their doing proper QC checks!
How do you check that in your account? I'm asking because when I placed the order I told them I wanted to wait until Q2 but now I would like to try and get a March delivery

Phew - current car sold via motorway after a week’s delay due to covid and lack of drivers

Offer was less than original motorway quote but they stuck to their offer price.

Now the waiting game begins. Slightly annoying the wife is back in the office now - If she was wfh I could use her car more easily :)

Reactions: AutomaticMan
question for those that are settling tesla finance before buying the new one. I’ve just sold my car and the dealer transferred the balance (£29k) to tesla. Its showing up in my account as a payment, and my next payment is showing as (£28.5k).

will that sort itself out in the next day or two? Maybe its an interest thing and they need to adjust it? They paid the exact amount in the settlement letter so I’m hoping that means they won’t take my 1 Feb direct debit as thats another £500 I had tagged for the deposit on the new car)

Interesting development.

I've just been exchanging emails with my local service dept about moving the HomeLink module from my current car to the new one when it arrives.

Initially they said I should book my current car in to have it removed before I trade it in, then book the new one in after delivery to re-fit, but today they have said that they're pretty sure the new one will have the module already and will double check when I have a VIN.

Has anyone else seen or heard any rumors about Tesla re-introducing the module this year? I don't recall seeing anything about it at all, so I'm quite dubious, but I can't think of a reason why they would change their position otherwise.

Unless anyone takes delivery of an LR before I get my VIN and gives us a definitive answer, I'll update in here when I find out.

Last edited:
Got the email to ask to pay so I'll do that tomorrow (will have to contact the bank to get my bank transfer limit raised first, so may take a little while). Just want to check though, what looks like the sort code is listed as 'ABA/Routing #'. Is that the sort code in normal bank transfer language? It looks like it is, but as this is not a sum of money that I want to go missing I'm a bit paranoid and thought I should double check!

Reactions: MDowson954
Got the email to ask to pay so I'll do that tomorrow (will have to contact the bank to get my bank transfer limit raised first, so may take a little while). Just want to check though, what looks like the sort code is listed as 'ABA/Routing #'. Is that the sort code in normal bank transfer language? It looks like it is, but as this is not a sum of money that I want to go missing I'm a bit paranoid and thought I should double check!
ABA/Routing # is for USA sales and is used by USA banks

Sort code is used by UK sales and used by UK banks

ABA/Routing # is for USA sales and is used by USA banks

Sort code is used by UK sales and used by UK banks
I know, but there's no 'sort code' showing on the wire transfer instructions. But the number underneath ABA/Routing # is in the format XX-XX-XX which makes it look like it's the sort code?

EDIT

Oh, wait a minute, my mistake. It was the sort code, but I had the website showing in US English. I changed it to UK English and the name of that field changed to 'sort code' :)

You can split it into multiple payments if you wish - I got a call from Tesla today about payment, and they assured me that's totally fine (as long as the reference is the same).
Oh that's good to know, thanks! Suppose if I'm going to do that I could make my first payment now... eek! Not used to transferring 10s of thousands of £s via an online banking transfer... scary! 😬

Oh that's good to know, thanks! Suppose if I'm going to do that I could make my first payment now... eek! Not used to transferring 10s of thousands of £s via an online banking transfer... scary! 😬
Indeed. Rather than having to get in touch with your bank, your bank might be getting in touch with you about those transfers :D
I'm waiting until tomorrow for the first transfer - need to mentally prepare for it haha

• Funny
Reactions: AutomaticMan
Indeed. Rather than having to get in touch with your bank, your bank might be getting in touch with you about those transfers :D
I'm waiting until tomorrow for the first transfer - need to mentally prepare for it haha
I know how you feel, I made my payment last week and sent a screenshot via email, about 24 hours later I got an email confirming they received it the payment

tesla website not letting me remove my car from my account. there is a link but it doesn’t do anything. Do I have to wait for it to be fully settled? I’ve already sold it and settled the finance.. And without removing it I can’t see any way to stop it being able to supercharge using my card details..

Last edited:
I’m still waiting for my email to pay. Glad to know they are doing the rounds so I’ll expect that to one in my inbox in the coming days