Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm with Santander and just made 5x £10k fast payments and then the balance when I purchased my M3, no fees. For some reason the online app only allowed a max of £10k on a single transfer.

I waited for each payment to show up, sometimes a wait for up to 2 hours for each one - seems Tesla doesn't update the balance showing in real time.

I did the usual £10 test transfer first :)

Payments used to go to a central account and then were applied to your finance account either manually or via some kind of batch processing; it ws often 2-3 days before they showed up, so they've definitely improved something but it sounds like they're still batching them from a central account.

After some sage advice; I ordered my M3LR through a 3rd party (forces cars direct) who are telling me the dealer expect a shipment to arrive 15 Feb, but they can’t tell me the delivery date until the vessel arrives. Sounds like BS to me! I have an order number, what’s the best way to track this order through Tesla? My app doesn’t show the order as it’s ordered through a company, and I can’t see the chat bubble on the order page on my phone.
If you have ordered through a LeaseCo you will not get the updates through the app as the LeaseCo takes over your order. Even the RN disappears! You then have to link the app to the car once you have taken delivery. This is one of the downsides of this method and adds to the 'veil of silence' that is created by the Tesla ordering process.

On the subject of quotes, I went with Admiral, who were £370 for my M3LR. I tried all comparison sites and Direct Line. Confused.com is where I got the Admiral quote from. Hope it helps others.
Absolutely brilliant. Added Admiral to my top list. Some people just have aligned stars with postcode / area / job / property etc, but anything close to this is a game changer.

Thanks for sharing sir

Out of interest, which bank do you use and how much did they charge for the £50k transfer?
Ah, sorry… looks like I’m a bit late replying! 😂 But in case it’s still useful, I’m with Monzo. Standard bank transfer limit is £10k, but I think you can temporarily up your bank transfer limit to anything you like within reason. You just have to ask for it in their chat on the app which takes a while as it takes them hours to respond to a chat message. There’s a lot I like about Monzo, but the time it takes them to reply to messages is not one of them!

do other countries have the 82kwh battery in the M3P? Is it only the uk still waiting to move on from the 77kwh for both LR and Performance?
The 2021 built UK M3P use the same 82 kWh Panasonic battery as everyone else. But the change expected is for all MiC vehicles to start using the 79 kWh LG battery - mainly because Tesla don't want to ship American made batteries to China.

Not sure what is happening with the MiA vehicles, I presume they continue to use the American built 82 kWh Panasonic battery.

See when any of you get your car, please can you write back here to say which, if any of the following you got along with your model? In fact it would be great if you could provide the following information:

Model 3: RWD/LR/P
Delivery Date:
VIN (except last 5 digits): LRWxxxxxxxxx*****
Ryzen: Yes/No
Rear double pane windows: Yes/No
Heated wiper park hardware: Yes/No
New Lithium-Ion battery: Yes/No/Don't Know

See when any of you get your car, please can you write back here to say which, if any of the following you got along with your model? In fact it would be great if you could provide the following information:

Delivery Date:
VIN (except last 5 digits): LRWxxxxxxxxx*****
REGARDING vin, i THINK you would be more interested in last 654 numbers, rather than anything else. as I understand, those numbers represent sequence how cars are made

REGARDING vin, i THINK you would be more interested in last 654 numbers, rather than anything else. as I understand, those numbers represent sequence how cars are made
Good point, alright then, how about this :)

Delivery Date:
VIN (last 6 digits):

Good point, alright then, how about this :)

Delivery Date:
VIN (last 6 digits):
Sorry that should have been:

Delivery Date:
VIN (first three of last six digits):

The 2021 built UK M3P use the same 82 kWh Panasonic battery as everyone else. But the change expected is for all MiC vehicles to start using the 79 kWh LG battery - mainly because Tesla don't want to ship American made batteries to China.

Not sure what is happening with the MiA vehicles, I presume they continue to use the American built 82 kWh Panasonic battery.

Just M3P or all cars? Thought the LR was hoping to be 82kwh in line with other european countries that were receiving that and lines up with the increased range