Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny thing is not even sure if I was assigned a VIN got the following

"I just wanted to reach out to you as we are expecting to assign a VIN to your order for a February/March collection as an estimate."

After I replied went to my account and my RN was wiped.

Looks like wouldn't even commit on Feb/March 🤔

Anyways delighted with my Ioniq 5 and experiencing something I didn't get in 6 months ..... Customer Service 🥳
Ahh at least we have a resolution to the sorry tail of BevyBoy’s Blue Model 3.
Good luck with Ioniq.
I don’t think think anyone has a confirmed delivery date in Ireland just yet This quarter.
l‘ve had a vin assigned in the source for a few weeks now and was asked for SEAI details so expect a date in the next week or two for February.
That will be about 4 to 4.5 months from order to delivery.

Ahh at least we have a resolution to the sorry tail of BevyBoy’s Blue Model 3.
Good luck with Ioniq.
I don’t think think anyone has a confirmed delivery date in Ireland just yet This quarter.
l‘ve had a vin assigned in the source for a few weeks now and was asked for SEAI details so expect a date in the next week or two for February.
That will be about 4 to 4.5 months from order to delivery.
🤣 Was apt alright a tail of the blues, best of luck with yours and hope delivery goes smoothly will keep an eye out for you in Galway!

I’ve noticed an exact match for the M3 LR I’ve ordered on the inventory page, marked as in transit. Can I ask Tesla to match to one of these cars to speed up my delivery as I still don’t have a date/VIN?
Yes, worth a go. I’d also ask why you weren’t automatically matched. The inventory ones will be delivered in Feb, so if you want a new number plate you are better to wait for your order to be matched.

I’ve noticed an exact match for the M3 LR I’ve ordered on the inventory page, marked as in transit. Can I ask Tesla to match to one of these cars to speed up my delivery as I still don’t have a date/VIN?

yes I did that Friday afternoon just after they appeared. I got a confirmation saturday morning I was matched to a car. Don’t know if it was that exact one as it still seems to be in the inventory, so its possible they just give your planned match a poke to see if you can be on the same boat? anyway same result.

Those inventory would be for delivery early-mid Feb and the person on the phone pointed that out, so they must be aware of people waiting for 22 plates. But 11th Feb (and not having a car at the moment) was early enough for me not to worry about that

I ordered in the 2nd week of December. I had a couple of hitches with Tesla saying they wouldn’t deal with the lease company I went with so changed that to Lex Autolease- Model 3 RWD, white- all my finance was approved and I signed these documents last week. The update I had last week also was that they are expecting the car to arrive at the dealer on Monday 28th February. So I’m hoping it will be that week I get the car as I’m off work that week.

Interesting following the recent posts about timing on the new bits for 2022.

I ordered a boggo white M3P last week, am I likely to just get allocated inventory stock or get a new 2022 car in March?

All seems a bit opaque! Also concerned about it not being lowered suspension but I guess if not I will just stick my own springs on it

yes I did that Friday afternoon just after they appeared. I got a confirmation saturday morning I was matched to a car. Don’t know if it was that exact one as it still seems to be in the inventory, so its possible they just give your planned match a poke to see if you can be on the same boat? anyway same result.

Those inventory would be for delivery early-mid Feb and the person on the phone pointed that out, so they must be aware of people waiting for 22 plates. But 11th Feb (and not having a car at the moment) was early enough for me not to worry about that
Just rang Tesla who have told me I’m soft matched with a vehicle. Does this mean a delivery date has been issued? I’ve ordered through a third party so they were not authorised to tell me. Otherwise I tell the third party company to sort out on Monday morning.

Just rang Tesla who have told me I’m soft matched with a vehicle. Does this mean a delivery date has been issued? I’ve ordered through a third party so they were not authorised to tell me. Otherwise I tell the third party company to sort out on Monday morning.

You should get a message when the vehicle is allocated to you and then another about 1-2 weeks afterwards to schedule delivery once they have arranged the logistics of its arrival at your pick-up location.

Sounds like you're close to the allocation part.

Interesting following the recent posts about timing on the new bits for 2022.

I ordered a boggo white M3P last week, am I likely to just get allocated inventory stock or get a new 2022 car in March?

All seems a bit opaque! Also concerned about it not being lowered suspension but I guess if not I will just stick my own springs on it
They confirmed to me that they do have lowered suspension. You can see switching between LR & Performance on the order screen that the P still lowers.
When you ordered I take it the car was shown with 340 miles? They should have the Ryzen chip.
I've been considering ordering one of the inventory cars so I get the slightly bigger battery with 352 miles. They confirmed to me yesterday that some have the new Ryzen chip and some don't so we are in the overlap stage.

You should get a message when the vehicle is allocated to you and then another about 1-2 weeks afterwards to schedule delivery once they have arranged the logistics of its arrival at your pick-up location.

Sounds like you're close to the allocation part.
I rang them again and they confirmed that car has shipped by they haven’t allocated a VIN yet. Think that matches up with your statement that a firm allocation will come soon (I hope).

They confirmed to me that they do have lowered suspension. You can see switching between LR & Performance on the order screen that the P still lowers.
The rendering has now been changed, there is no lowering. I noticed this morning but could have happened a day or two ago.

So it looks like the M3P will no longer be lowered for new orders. Supply chain issues, Tesla cutting costs again, making way for new suspension - who knows.

I suspect most if not all M3P for this quarter will have lowered suspension. After that then we end up in a will it/won't it scenario.

I wonder if it will get another range decrease - there was a independent test in Germany a year or two ago that showed a good energy saving with the M3 being lowered.

You will get your Tesla exactly an hour before I will, you rogue! 😄

Honestly, finding the waiting very very tough now... haha. I'm starting to worry what my mental state will be like by collection day. When I first placed my order the estimate was March... thank god that moved up to early Feb because I'm really not sure I would have made it to March without losing my mind!
Amen, I have no idea how I would be, if I had to wait another month!
The pressure really mounted for me when the wall charger was installed this week and it starting flashing and looking all pretty. :)

Reactions: AutomaticMan
The rendering has now been changed, there is no lowering. I noticed this morning but could have happened a day or two ago.

So it looks like the M3P will no longer be lowered for new orders. Supply chain issues, Tesla cutting costs again, making way for new suspension - who knows.

I suspect most if not all M3P for this quarter will have lowered suspension. After that then we end up in a will it/won't it scenario.

I wonder if it will get another range decrease - there was a independent test in Germany a year or two ago that showed a good energy saving with the M3 being lowered.
Good spot, it was lowering (LR to P switching) on the site on Friday morning when I last checked. Will be interesting if all the cars will have lowered suspension though. They've removed the lowered suspension description form the site also.

When you ordered I take it the car was shown with 340 miles? They should have the Ryzen chip.
I've been considering ordering one of the inventory cars so I get the slightly bigger battery with 352 miles. They confirmed to me yesterday that some have the new Ryzen chip and some don't so we are in the overlap stage.
Sounds risky! Hopefully get the Ryzen and lowered suspension
Good spot, it was lowering (LR to P switching) on the site on Friday morning when I last checked. Will be interesting if all the cars will have lowered suspension though. They've removed the lowered suspension description form the site also.
It does still mention it on the wheels section thought 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hi, hoping someone can help me out here please! I have ordered a M3 long range, white exterior, black and white interior, everything else as standard. Ordered early December through ALD as a company car.

I spoke to Tesla a few weeks ago and gave them my RN and they said early March for delivery and they’ll be in touch in Feb to confirm. Since then, on ALD’s tracker the expected delivery has changed to 31st May! I just phoned Tesla and gave my RN and they said because it’s a lease they can’t give me an update and no they won’t give me an exact date in February either!

Have I just been unlucky and got an unhelpful Tesla support assistant?