Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@yessuz where are you picking up from? Will follow for any updates and good luck! I am Wed, I couldn't sleep last night!
Have got the rest of the week off after collection :D
I could have got mine on Thurs but have loads of work meetings that day so delayed for an extra day and selected a Friday collection. My bosses should give me a bloody promotion for that kind of dedication to the job!! 😂

I could have got mine on Thurs but have loads of work meetings that day so delayed for an extra day and selected a Friday collection. My bosses should give me a bloody promotion for that kind of dedication to the job!! 😂
I have delivery on Wed, hospital appmnt on Thu and rest on Fri (and also charger install). I had the option of Tue when Brent Cross was showing but couldn't do Tue too. Which means I am doing the whole weeks work today and tomorrow haha (and keeping half an eye on the forum).

Reactions: AutomaticMan
Hi all,

Ordered a boggo MYLR (white/19s) on Friday 4th. Leasing company suggesting a March/April delivery, which seems very ambitious to me - is it possible new orders can be delivered this soon when they are still fulfilling Day 1 orders? They have already linked up with tesla as I've had the tesla account set up email come through on Sunday.

Got a 330i which I'll sell which is close to needing new tyres, so really hoping the Y arrives before I have to shell out for those.

Ordered a boggo MYLR (white/19s) on Friday 4th. Leasing company suggesting a March/April delivery, which seems very ambitious to me - is it possible new orders can be delivered this soon when they are still fulfilling Day 1 orders? They have already linked up with tesla as I've had the tesla account set up email come through on Sunday.

I ordered a Silver M3 LR on Saturday & have an expected delivery of March. I originally ordered a Volkswagen ID.3 last November, which is looking unlikely to be delivered in 2022. That's a good portion of the reason for changing my mind to a M3.

I've not taken the time to read through the logistics threads yet, but can only assume Tesla make a bunch of different spec cars (both M3 & MY) & load them onto ships with the expectation they will be bought at some point. I don't see any other way the delivery estimates of less than 2 months can be possible. I think I read it takes ~4 weeks for a ship to get here from China?

I ordered a Silver M3 LR on Saturday & have an expected delivery of March. I originally ordered a Volkswagen ID.3 last November, which is looking unlikely to be delivered in 2022. That's a good portion of the reason for changing my mind to a M3.

I've not taken the time to read through the logistics threads yet, but can only assume Tesla make a bunch of different spec cars (both M3 & MY) & load them onto ships with the expectation they will be bought at some point. I don't see any other way the delivery estimates of less than 2 months can be possible. I think I read it takes ~4 weeks for a ship to get here from China?
Wow are ID.3's really taking that long for delivery? I guess we're lucky to be wanting teslas

but can only assume Tesla make a bunch of different spec cars (both M3 & MY) & load them onto ships with the expectation they will be bought at some point
Thanks - I assumed the same, it makes a lot of sense. Maybe I have overestimated how many people are ahead of me in the queue. I imagine a large quantity of the cars they produce are the lowest spec ones like mine, so perhaps they have plenty en route to fulfil orders.

Wow are ID.3's really taking that long for delivery? I guess we're lucky to be wanting teslas

Not wanting to derail the thread, but yes, delivery quotes are >12 months. The ID.3 is a very good car at the price point, I have a 1st Edition. It's too popular for VW to keep up with the demand it seems, with the current chip shortages. VW are about to suspend orders (or have already) for anything other than the base model with a couple of extra bits. No options to speak of any more. They also just have one plant making them.

My car is actually worth far more than I paid for it, even with PCP I've actually made £500 on it since I bought it..! Definitely the right time to cash in & upgrade to the M3 LR.

Not wanting to derail the thread, but yes, delivery quotes are >12 months. The ID.3 is a very good car at the price point, I have a 1st Edition. It's too popular for VW to keep up with the demand it seems, with the current chip shortages. VW are about to suspend orders (or have already) for anything other than the base model with a couple of extra bits. No options to speak of any more. They also just have one plant making them.

My car is actually worth far more than I paid for it, even with PCP I've actually made £500 on it since I bought it..! Definitely the right time to cash in & upgrade to the M3 LR.
Exactly what I did Kansalis, who I recognise from the SpeakEV ID.3 sub-forum! I’ve changed screen name since then so you’ll have to see if you can figure out who I am 😉

When I test drove the ID3 in November last year I was quoted June/July 2022 the earliest for delivery. Same with a Renault Zoe. The only one that could quote me an earlier delivery date than Tesla's February 2022 was Honda, who quoted January for their Honda E. However, that was only for their base colour yellow, which were already in shipping containers on their way. Seems like Tesla/Elon did well in mitigating the chip shortages. With all the stars aligned it eventually convinced my wife that we should go for a Tesla instead.

Yep - who else wishes they were @yessuz right now? :D Am I right in thinking that, with a bit of luck, he will be the first in the UK to take a picture of the screen confirming a Ryzen processor? I will be refreshing this thread a lot tomorrow!
Maybe even the first in Europe. That’s a lot of pressure! I guess if he doesn’t inform us the same evening with some pictures attached, he gets banned from the forum :D

yes had anecdotal evidence from some friends back in Lithuania by ~November 2021 that VW do not accept ANY orders to be delivered in 2022. I thought that Lithuania being small and un-important market is the reason, but looks like this is ongoing issue

So on the day that Grande California docked into Southampton my account no longer shows Brent Cross as my collection destination.

The time and date is still shown(10th at 12:00), but doesn’t say where…. getting nervous something is wrong.

I’ve paid for train tickets already, taken the day off work and sorted insurance.

Anyone else this has happened to?

Tesla have today refunded me my train tickets and apologised for the inconvenience. Can’t fault that. Faith restored and counting down Thursdays collection now.

Just had a call from Tesla to check if all is set for collection day so I said I will be staying in Southampton the night before so if there an possibility for earlier collection then I'd be very happy and there was so I'm picking it up early Wed. I also asked how much battery to expect and she could see it was 70% (she said she checked that before calling me).

I then did what every TMC'er would do. "Are they all generally at that battery? I have a friend collecting on Friday and he loves in London too" She said yes - generally they all have around 70% at Southampton, apparently they leave the factory at near 100%. I did ask for the cheeky top-up to 100% to avoid range anxiety to London but she said they don't have any chargers there (which I doubt...) and she was adamant that 70% will get be back with plenty to spare (she is probably not wrong).

Tesla have today refunded me my train tickets and apologised for the inconvenience. Can’t fault that. Faith restored and counting down Thursdays collection now.
I asked the chat on Sat for travel cost reimbursement (Paige) and she said no refund 'because I chose Southampton' despite them cancelling my original choice of Brent Cross, shoving me to Blue Water without an option to get travel reimbursed there too. So I have written a very disappointed letter to my TA who has been helpful and to deliveryGB/UK_Sales. It'll cost me around £100 inc overnight stay, off peak cheapest ticket from Waterloo (£16) and meals which presumably would still be cheaper for them.

I am hoping they will have some sense in the whole process and hold themselves accountable here. What annoys me the most is the inconsistency.

I asked the chat on Sat for travel cost reimbursement (Paige) and she said no refund 'because I chose Southampton' despite them cancelling my original choice of Brent Cross, shoving me to Blue Water without an option to get travel reimbursed there too. So I have written a very disappointed letter to my TA who has been helpful and to deliveryGB/UK_Sales. It'll cost me around £100 inc overnight stay, off peak cheapest ticket from Waterloo (£16) and meals which presumably would still be cheaper for them.

I am hoping they will have some sense in the whole process and hold themselves accountable here.
Yeah I wouldn’t bother with the chat page, just speak to the GB delivery team direct, I cannot fault them. They’ve been understanding, apologetic and incredibly friendly. I’m sure they’ll resolve it for you.