Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anyway to check online for VIN? The call centre is not very helpful to be honest. Also when you call now, it does straight to a message saying we are unavailable and we will contact you closer to the delivery of your model 3. I cannot track it online is it was ordered through Leasing company through work. I was hoping they would ve allocated the VINs given that i got my RN number on the 27th of Dec

Is there anyway to check online for VIN? The call centre is not very helpful to be honest. Also when you call now, it does straight to a message saying we are unavailable and we will contact you closer to the delivery of your model 3. I cannot track it online is it was ordered through Leasing company through work. I was hoping they would ve allocated the VINs given that i got my RN number on the 27th of Dec
You will not be able to check anything until you are assigned a vehicle by Tesla. As you are leasing (as am I), the LeaseCo will take over your order from your account and you will not hear anything until nearer the time of delivery. The RN is simply generated as soon as Tesla accept an order, so is largely irrelevant at the moment. Welcome to the waiting room! :)

Ordered bog standard M3 RWD White/Black/18" on 27th December with initial estimated delivery of May. Blank EDD until this morning where it now shows an Estimated Delivery Date 3rd - 17th March with a VIN hidden away in the source code.
Wow! You will be doing well if they manage that EDD window. Most people ordering that combo are having to wait until May (if the Tesla website is to be believed)! Would be interested to hear more. I upgraded the wheels to 19" on my RWD/White/Black in order to get a Feb/March delivery window, so not sure how these allocations are now working.

interesting, that on the inventory cars I can see that these are on Grande California, but in my order - no such information.
I can see VIN and other stuff in the source code, but there's no info on Vessel :)
How do you see the VIN in the source code? If I look at the source code for inventory cars I don't see any VIN information so I can only assume I'm doing it wrong. On inventory list, hover cursor over 'details' of car in question, right click, inspect?

How do you see the VIN in the source code? If I look at the source code for inventory cars I don't see any VIN information so I can only assume I'm doing it wrong. On inventory list, hover cursor over 'details' of car in question, right click, inspect?
you go to your order in your account (rn number)
right click on empty space, select "view page source" and search for "LRW" as this is what made in china tesla VIN starts with :)

it is slightly different on the inventory.

but as mentioned, on Inventory cars I can see vessel (search for vessel name) but not in my rn number. but hey - pick up is tomorrow ;)))

Looks like my trade-in valuation is ready, and they've offered me what they said they would. Which is fantastic! I finally feel that things are moving along. :)

Before I can accept the valuation however, it looks like I need to upload a photo of the V5C document, page 3. I'm stuck here. Do they mean just the yellow section that's completed when you sell or transfer the vehicle to a motor trader, insurer or dismantler?

Wow! You will be doing well if they manage that EDD window. Most people ordering that combo are having to wait until May (if the Tesla website is to be believed)! Would be interested to hear more. I upgraded the wheels to 19" on my RWD/White/Black in order to get a Feb/March delivery window, so not sure how these allocations are now working.
Yeah my thoughts exactly, I emailed the Glasgow team last week out of paranoia to check there was nothing wrong with the order because I never had an estimated EDD before this and they just assured me the estimated time frame when placing the order looked to be "accurate". Changed briefly to "May" for the last week and now to the date range I have now.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Looks like my trade-in valuation is ready, and they've offered me what they said they would. Which is fantastic! I finally feel that things are moving along. :)

Before I can accept the valuation however, it looks like I need to upload a photo of the V5C document, page 3. I'm stuck here. Do they mean just the yellow section that's completed when you sell or transfer the vehicle to a motor trader, insurer or dismantler?
I wasn't sure on this either, decided to just upload the entire page and they accepted it 👍

you go to your order in your account (rn number)
right click on empty space, select "view page source" and search for "LRW" as this is what made in china tesla VIN starts with :)

it is slightly different on the inventory.

but as mentioned, on Inventory cars I can see vessel (search for vessel name) but not in my rn number. but hey - pick up is tomorrow ;)))
I don't have an order - it was an inventory car I was looking at. I can open the page source but the LRW number doesn't make any sense.

You will not be able to check anything until you are assigned a vehicle by Tesla. As you are leasing (as am I), the LeaseCo will take over your order from your account and you will not hear anything until nearer the time of delivery. The RN is simply generated as soon as Tesla accept an order, so is largely irrelevant at the moment. Welcome to the waiting room! :)
As a fellow leaser - ALD too aren’t you, if I remember correctly? Where are you up to at the minute, when did you place your order and which model?

I was AWD M3, White, White, Aero. Order received by Tesla as per their text on 9th December. Was told early March delivery so I’m hoping to hear a date very soon!?