Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car looks great! Thanks for the update :D But no data ports, really!?

I'm really shocked to see this as I was planning on using the USB-C data ports for my music on a USB stick. I would rather have all of my music in once place, and be able to select what I want to listen to on the car's touchscreen, rather than on my phone, plus I want to listen in better quality. The controller functionality is something I would use a lot, too. I don't want to rely on leaving the glovebox open or using some hub plugged into the glovebox USB, risking sentry/dashcam footage not working correctly.

May have a chat with CS to see if all cars really do lack the USB-C data ports, and possibly wait until cars start coming with the data versions before picking up. I would've held off on the order if I knew the ports were charge only.

Davide is wrong, I've seen cars with my specification pass through the published inventory several times since I ordered but I'm not matched yet and there are others on here who are in the same position.

It was the same last time I ordered too, so that might be how it's supposed to work but it's not how it does work.

Either that or they're not very good at the matching process.
Hmmm...interesting isn't it. You do know that there is a shed load of LRs currently in inventory that match your spec right???

Just wondering, how do people know the ship name that the cars are coming in on?
2 ways:
1) they can find it in their order source code (mine was not there, so look at #2)
2) Educated guess. think about this way: it takes almost as week for logistics from docking ship to pick up date. check shipping thread on when the ships ETA to Southampton. compare with your collection day.

The car looks great! Thanks for the update :D But no data ports, really!?

I'm really shocked to see this as I was planning on using the USB-C data ports for my music on a USB stick. I would rather have all of my music in once place, and be able to select what I want to listen to on the car's touchscreen, rather than on my phone, plus I want to listen in better quality. The controller functionality is something I would use a lot, too. I don't want to rely on leaving the glovebox open or using some hub plugged into the glovebox USB, risking sentry/dashcam footage not working correctly.

May have a chat with CS to see if all cars really do lack the USB-C data ports, and possibly wait until cars start coming with the data versions before picking up. I would've held off on the order if I knew the ports were charge only.

It has a data port in the glovebox. If you partition a USB drive as two partitions, you can have one for sentry/dashcam and the other for music. If you do this you may want a larger USB drive than the 128GB that comes included with the car. I use a 1TB samsung T5 SSD

I’m curious, Tesla ask for a wire transfer at least 48 hours prior to collection. I would instead prefer to look over the car for defects before handing over my money. Is this possible?
Interesting, in Germany you get your invoice like three weeks prior to your delivery date and you only got 3 days to transfer the money or your vin might get revoked :D
Is yessuz the only person to pick up his tesla today? I kinda wonder if MAYBE the performance model got the double glass windows in the rear, hmm... but I suppose not

I mean - its there, its free and its a great functionality to talk to an actual human (unlike many chat bots now) - why wouldn't you.
I'm guilty of getting on there too more than 2-3 time a week most days until last week haha.
I know!!!! But they seem happy to chat 😂 I just forgot to ask that question when I spoke to one of the other Chat Advisors earlier in the day. At least they seem to be generally saying the same things on the point of EDD etc... It's much better than waiting 40 minutes on the phone, which frankly I do not have time for. #practicingbeingmorechilled

Reactions: BatteryJuice
I’m curious, Tesla ask for a wire transfer at least 48 hours prior to collection. I would instead prefer to look over the car for defects before handing over my money. Is this possible?
I dont see how that would work as they would need to see the money in their account before allowing you to drive away. As far as i know all traditional car dealers require any deposits to be paid in advance of collection day

Davide is wrong, I've seen cars with my specification pass through the published inventory several times since I ordered but I'm not matched yet and there are others on here who are in the same position.

It was the same last time I ordered too, so that might be how it's supposed to work but it's not how it does work.

Either that or they're not very good at the matching process.
I second this. I ordered (27th Dec) an M3 RWD White / Black / 18" Aeros and had no estimated delivery date (expected between March and May). This exact config appeared in the inventory so I went for this and cancelled my original order.

I am picking up my model y on the 19th Feb. I kid for my insurance yesterday with Asmiral and today i’ve got a quote that’s £200 cheaper from direct line!!!

I can cancel. Admiral have a 100k personal injury limit where direct line has 10k.

The excess is £100 less with direct line plus they offer a replacement new car if you write off within the first year.

Would you pay £25 and cancel admiral? Not sure if Admiral are a better insurer or Direct line in terms of a Tesla?

I am picking up my model y on the 19th Feb. I kid for my insurance yesterday with Asmiral and today i’ve got a quote that’s £200 cheaper from direct line!!!

I can cancel. Admiral have a 100k personal injury limit where direct line has 10k.

The excess is £100 less with direct line plus they offer a replacement new car if you write off within the first year.

Would you pay £25 and cancel admiral? Not sure if Admiral are a better insurer or Direct line in terms of a Tesla?
There is an Insurance discussion thread going here: Insurance

Interesting, in Germany you get your invoice like three weeks prior to your delivery date and you only got 3 days to transfer the money or your vin might get revoked :D
Is yessuz the only person to pick up his tesla today? I kinda wonder if MAYBE the performance model got the double glass windows in the rear, hmm... but I suppose not
I asked on the Web Chat today if they could give me some specs on my M3P (collection 15th Feb), doesn't look like it will include double laminated rear windows
Response from Davide
Latest 22 spec indeed. with Ryzen chip and all the latest bells and whistles :)
not sure about heated windshield wipers, unfortunately
the car will have the new processor and the new high-density low voltage battery
no double glazed rear window