Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone that collected yesterday or today had a software update yet?
Mine is still on the old UI at the moment.
Version 2021.39.103.1
Mines showing old UI too, I actually prefer those icons than the coloured ones I saw at my test drive. I will try updates this evening, been a long day from pickup and drive back so took some time out to rest.

One of the best things I loved about the drive was how easy it was to ‘Share location to Tesla app‘ from Google Maps as that’s where a lot of my favourites were stored for my stops today.

Reactions: nrushforth
Whaattt??? 😲 Had you been given tomorrow as your EDD?
I was due to collect tomorrow but I kicked off on Monday because it was going to take me almost 5 hours in train journeys and they were faffing about (telling me different things on every call) about the chauffeur service. So they arranged a delivery for tomorrow instead.

So, between getting the Your car is on its way text, how long before you got the delivery confirmed? I find the whole process really confusing
I never got your car is on its way text. Just licence plate and vin 2 weeks ago and delivery confirmed about 20 minutes after I kicked off. Tesla definitely aren’t proactive. Everyone seems to get a slightly different experience.

EF881000-48D9-473F-AEE7-2C26E6437BEF.jpeg

Is this the “Vehicle on its way” text? Is it Good news if we’re getting this?

Reactions: Petetheroadie
I never got your car is on its way text. Just licence plate and vin 2 weeks ago and delivery confirmed about 20 minutes after I kicked off. Tesla definitely aren’t proactive. Everyone seems to get a slightly different experience.
It’s mad how different the experience can be! I was told by TA on Monday that I had been assigned a car which had landed in England already and should be in Belfast next week. Then got the text last night saying my car is on its way, which seemed odd. Checked with the Tesla chat guys and they advised car was on a vessel still 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: jmhumphreys
I wonder how many people have been assigned VIN's for RWD deliveries? I ordered end of Dec for a Grey M3 RWD. All actions complete in the portal. My portal just shows 'Estimated Delivery March'. I have seen people who ordered after me getting VIN's updated delivery estimates. Considering the estimated delivery for new orders has now been pushed out, I hope my VIN/updated estimate comes though soon!

Reactions: MoSkeeto
Are people reeeaallly that hung about about having a '22 plate, that they'd defer pick-up because of it!?

Like, I heard that "it could impact value" or some other such excuse, but c'mon, just pick it up and enjoy it NOW! Rather than deferring over a single digit on the plate... Jeez.

(Yes, I'm aware people defer for other (more valid) reasons too but already people have said here that not having a 22 plate could be a reason for deferred pick-ups and therefore uptick in available inventory)
If mine was a company car, or a lease I wouldn't be bothered, but it's not!

Each to their own.

Not had a chance to check this thread today so just catching up. Am I right in thinking that Tesla installed a new processor for gaming but at the same time removed a load of the games because the USB-C ports don’t do data for connecting a controller and you can’t Bluetooth connect controllers. So, the new car has the best processor for gaming but the old car has the actual games?

Well that seems like a genius decision 🤣

Not the end of the world for me as I don’t intend to do much gaming, but, yeah… why bother adding a gaming processor if you’re going to remove the hardware that lets you play games and therefore also remove the games?

Reactions: LordOfLight
Just researched it, and the UK spec has single reverse, and single fog light. US / Fremont made cars have two due to some regulation on symmetry.. News on me, so one reverse light is standard issue for UK. You might get the odd US made one floating about with two but it absolutely definitely means you're not missing out on some technological advancement if it has just one.

Phew. Googling over, now I can go back to ordering loads of accessories on AliExpress :D
That's not correct.

The UK vehicles in the second half of Q3 21 started to receive the new design with two reversing lights and better indicators. However in Q4 it was a mixed bag with many vehicles reverting back to the single design - clearly a supply issue or multiple suppliers. I'd image at some point all UK vehicles will get the new design.

It’s mad how different the experience can be! I was told by TA on Monday that I had been assigned a car which had landed in England already and should be in Belfast next week. Then got the text last night saying my car is on its way, which seemed odd. Checked with the Tesla chat guys and they advised car was on a vessel still 🤦‍♂️
In my case I've been told estimate arrival in the UK is 1st week March and arrival in Belfast 3rd week March. Hope your situation is better than this, but just beware it might take more time than expected to get into your hands.

Reactions: Pablow75