Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I’m new to this forum, so please be patient with me. I have placed order for M3 RWD white and white 18” on 11.01.2022 with estimated delivery March 2022. I selected collection in Manchester Trafford Centre. I haven’t received text or VIN and I tried to look on source code for VIN and nothing. I know it’s only been a month since placing order and there are some people without VIN who placed order way before me. Just curious if anyone in U.K. who placed order around same time as me have received VIN? I have sent email to Tesla asking for some information because I need to sell my current car to have money for deposit but all response I had was that I need to be patient and that I will be matched to the car soon. Any thoughts on time between text confirmation and collection of car? I want to time sell of my current car so I’m not without car for too long or in worst case to have 2 cars at the same time due to short notice of delivery.
Why not trade in to Tesla?

In Southampton McDonald’s grabbing a coffee before walking down to the docks

Enjoy mate, it’s a nice walk and weather looks ok too.
Try to cross over to the other side of the road as soon as you can, it’s an easier walk that side of the road I think, I was walking on the right side and had to go a longer way to cross the roundabout as the pedestrian crossing barrier goes into some container storage area entrances.
Look forward to the pics.

i had a bit of a scare today. when they told me EDD was may now instead of march. Talked to two advisors since then who confirmed March. they also said delivery will be mid to end march and text will be most likely in march as well. my order was in january
I ordered in Dec 21 and I have no idea if my car is built, were it is, or whether it will arrive in March .. all I get from Tesla is, 'you are not matched yet'..... its a joke

Hi, I’m new to this forum, so please be patient with me. I have placed order for M3 RWD white and white 18” on 11.01.2022 with estimated delivery March 2022. I selected collection in Manchester Trafford Centre. I haven’t received text or VIN and I tried to look on source code for VIN and nothing. I know it’s only been a month since placing order and there are some people without VIN who placed order way before me. Just curious if anyone in U.K. who placed order around same time as me have received VIN? I have sent email to Tesla asking for some information because I need to sell my current car to have money for deposit but all response I had was that I need to be patient and that I will be matched to the car soon. Any thoughts on time between text confirmation and collection of car? I want to time sell of my current car so I’m not without car for too long or in worst case to have 2 cars at the same time due to short notice of delivery.
With respect to selling your car, there is no need to panic. I wouldn't sell it until you know your precise delivery date. A lot of places (like Motorway.com, WeBuyAnyCar,com, etc.) have options to pay the money into your account on the same day or the next day; others take a little longer (e.g. Arnold Clark take 3 business days). For this reason, I'll probably sell my existing car a few days or perhaps up to a week before my delivery date, depending on who gives me the best deal. That aside, it's worth getting a trade-in valuation from Tesla because although they often pay less, I've read that sometimes they are competitive.

EDIT: Just noticed your comment that you've already got a sub-par trade-in valuation from Tesla.
EDIT2: Just realised that I'll need to sell my car at least the week before so that I have time to pay the proceeds into my Tesla account to clear the remainder of the balance a few days before the delivery date lol (don't want to leave that part to the last minute).

Reactions: JanF1
Ys waiting for next week

6EAD7EDD-1351-4C3F-BFCD-B5474C7E0D72.jpeg