Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered late Jan (SR+, MSM, Aero on Business Lease via ALD) and received SMS early this week.

Delivery estimate on ordering was March, but this disappeared after receiving SMS, and no VIN appeared to be matched in my account (when I inspected the HTML) so I wondered if I'd been bumped to May or beyond.

Called into Tesla today and they confirmed that I'm VIN matched, gave me my VIN and said to expect delivery first 2 weeks in March.

🔥

My order includes basic features M3 RWD Blue/Black/18" Aero (no enhanced autopilot etc). I ordered on October 31st with 1 time ended up "on hold" situation. I updated my signature for more information, most info should be there as yours.

I saw other forum and many people started getting their VINs on RWD as well. I think there is a high chance you will very soon as well! October orders should be cleared already as I should be one of the last person to order in October (literally ordered at 23:30 😅)
Thanks for the encouragement. Hangin' in there and trying to be patient. Just keeping it real 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: MoSkeeto
Meant to receive my Tesla for home delivery today. Haven’t received an sms so far.
Is this known?
Mine was delivered yesterday - I received an SMS from Anyvan the evening before stating delivery between 13:31 and 17:31, and that a tracking link would be sent when it had been picked up and was on the way. 5pm and I hadn't heard a thing so rang Tesla, 20 min on hold and as he was checking what was going on it turned up outside... received the Anyvan tracking link as he was unloading

• Funny
Reactions: BatteryJuice
So just had my first chance since taking delivery to check the car as did not get the best weather to check when picking up. I can see a few swirls in the paint work on the drivers side. Passenger side looks ok.

I had a service appointment booked for paintwork as noticed a small scratch on rear passenger side. Is it worth asking for the swirls to be sorted as well or is there a chance they will make it worse? Thoughts?

Contacted Tesla earlier about dates jumping to august, when I gave my RN number he thought it would be March-April. When my order was placed it showed estimated March. So it sounds like it’s still on track for March/April, but I don’t have a VIN as yet so I just need to wait and see what happens.👍

Great! My ALD status page has now changed from 31/May to 31/March, so hopefully ALD heard something and mine is coming soon too :) When did you get your RN text, I got mine 28/Jan.
9th December
Hi - what's the best way to contact Tesla for an update if I have an RN number? It's a company car order so I can't track in my account but will they give me info if I contact direct?
Yes. I’ve found not mentioning it’s a company car lease helps. I got dismissed when I mentioned it was a company car lease and told they can’t help me

• Informative
Reactions: jmhumphreys
So just had my first chance since taking delivery to check the car as did not get the best weather to check when picking up. I can see a few swirls in the paint work on the drivers side. Passenger side looks ok.

I had a service appointment booked for paintwork as noticed a small scratch on rear passenger side. Is it worth asking for the swirls to be sorted as well or is there a chance they will make it worse? Thoughts?
Get those swirls fixed too.

Reactions: drewpost and Lofty
I've never had chat pop up while on the Tesla website. Is there a way to get it to appear?
I've only ever seen it on the inventory page. Refresh the page & wait up to 30 seconds, sometimes it will pop up. If not, try again a few times. Not very scientific but seems to work sometimes. I suspect it may only pop up inside their support hours (whatever they may be) & if someone is free or about to be available. It does seem somewhat variable.

I've only ever seen it on the inventory page. Refresh the page & wait up to 30 seconds, sometimes it will pop up. If not, try again a few times. Not very scientific but seems to work sometimes. I suspect it may only pop up inside their support hours (whatever they may be) & if someone is free or about to be available. It does seem somewhat variable.
It only appears occasionally. You should get a chat icon on this page in the highlighted area below

1644595263245.png

Interesting update (Atleast I think its interesting) following a conversation in Tesla Belfast today.

I ordered a RWD 3 in midnight Silver in December. On 8th February I got an SMS advising that my car had been assigned and was on its way. Chat advised me Ive had a car assigned, but thats its still on a vessel. Called into Tesla Belfast today who where able to show me that the car assigned actually arrived in the UK on 3rd Feb on GRAND PIONEER, but not actually assigned until 7th. Car is being held at Southampton until after the Model Y event seemingly before being transported out. There is a fair chance that a good number of people on here will be experiencing the same thing.

My EDD is 18th March, despite the fact the car is in the UK.

Hope that makes sense

Just jumped on chat again today to try and transfer my RWD order to one of the AWD/LRs in inventory. Second attempt today. So far I have missed four cars. As they aren't able to transfer it if I just hit 'buy now' on the website (because I have ordered through ALD as the LeaseCo), I have to contact them to do it manually. This puts me behind those that can see and buy it with one click through the website 🙁

On the upside, I did ask whether they were expecting any more shipments for Q1 that had yet to depart Shanghai and Emma told me she believed they were 😃

Reactions: MoSkeeto