Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No I don't. Only have a VIN number I'm source code (for over a week now) and also EDD 2 March - 16 March. Given we have VIN numbers so close to each other I think they may already have my registration. My bet is on MSC Immacolata!
I might ask Mr Miserable if he knows what ship it might be on considering Emma said the car will be in the UK around the 10/12th March.

Reactions: LuckyLukeUK
Maybe she should report back that customers want more information.
They're not all like that either although I've only encountered Davide once and Emma twice.

PS there’s a car in inventory that’s the same spec if you want to be matched to it for early delivery.. probably won’t be up for long. CS chat can reallocate that VIN for you. You can get them to take EAP off inventory cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: 73henny
After reading your post, I have ordered my Tesla charger even though I don't have text or VIN yet for my M3 :( I paid £449 from Tesla website. Installation by Tesla approved electrician was quoted total £684 including VAT (including additional device for earthing cost £120 plus VAT).
Thanks,got an electrician In the end I’m paying a little more but I know they wiring is going to be a good 25-30 mtrs so on par.. thank you always good to know costings and Yeap getting that additional pen earthing box as well. Exciting times ahead

ALD/company car order update for those interested.

After receiving a collection date and time of March 9th, I rang Tesla and were very helpful. They’ve put a request in for the car to be delivered instead and said I’ll be contacted closer to the time.

Also my VIN is LRW3F7EK8NC500xxx

I’ve done a quick Google search, but do I have the old battery there?

Thanks,got an electrician In the end I’m paying a little more but I know they wiring is going to be a good 25-30 mtrs so on par.. thank you always good to know costings and Yeap getting that additional pen earthing box as well. Exciting times ahead
Heard the UK EV grant ends at the end of March. eek always good to get ordering asap, as it seems to take so long to arrange. I have Octopus installing their Wallbox Pulsar Plus at the beginning of March.. got it for 470 supplied and fit with OLEV grant. Can't sneeze at that. I would have gone for Tesla charger, but Mrs wants an Ionic 5, so need something that can easily juggle between cars.

I originally ordered a Tesla charger, but when installer came out to do survey he was honest enough to recommend that because I had solar and the additional costs associated with Tesla installation, (earth rod, penfold etc.), that I would be better off with a MyEnergi Zappi and associated hub and harvi, not least because £350 grant available.

So I sent Tesla charger back and refund was prompt. So I had really efficient installation last February, including the installer handling grant paperwork; for a tethered 7.5m zappi £604, hub £71, harvi £46, installation/materials £432, (all pre VAT). So total after VAT and grant was £1,048.

So most days I am charging for free from the solar. Powerwall being installed later this month to suck up sun's energy.

However if I was choosing a charger today, I would go the Hypervolt route. Like the Zappi, much easier installation.

Heard the UK EV grant ends at the end of March. eek always good to get ordering asap, as it seems to take so long to arrange. I have Octopus installing their Wallbox Pulsar Plus at the beginning of March.. got it for 470 supplied and fit with OLEV grant. Can't sneeze at that. I would have gone for Tesla charger, but Mrs wants an Ionic 5, so need something that can easily juggle between cars.
Must admit I’m with octopus as well (had a mare getting meters upgraded but got there in the end) and didn’t see this and may well have gone with the zappi and installation.. would have took the numerous waste of time asking around for quotes that never came.. that said I spotted a tesla charger tariff that caught my eye with octopus so that’s why I went tesla .. and it’s got a magic button! Well worth the addition £500 🤔😂👍

I originally ordered a Tesla charger, but when installer came out to do survey he was honest enough to recommend that because I had solar and the additional costs associated with Tesla installation, (earth rod, penfold etc.), that I would be better off with a MyEnergi Zappi and associated hub and harvi, not least because £350 grant available.

So I sent Tesla charger back and refund was prompt. So I had really efficient installation last February, including the installer handling grant paperwork; for a tethered 7.5m zappi £604, hub £71, harvi £46, installation/materials £432, (all pre VAT). So total after VAT and grant was £1,048.

So most days I am charging for free from the solar. Powerwall being installed later this month to suck up sun's energy.

However if I was choosing a charger today, I would go the Hypervolt route. Like the Zappi, much easier installation.
Looking forward to fully utalising my solar, can’t recommend batteries as well to get that fully off grid experience.. I went the givenergy route and the 8.4kw battery as it lasts the morning and the evening with a small charge in between.. light and day to my electric bill on the octopus go tariff.. just got in before the price hikes as well … so looking forward to free charging! Hopefully the version 3 .. Wi-Fi charger smartens the tesla charger up a bit..