Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally I wouldn't trust what they've said as 2022 cars have been made since November, so if it really is a 2021 car it won't have the new processor and probably not the bigger battery. I'd get it in writing or put the car details through one of the vin checkers for age, and also look at the option code string.

Tesla Shanghai ran out of Intel Atom and Data-enabled USB Hubs and LG/E5CD batteries on 15 Dec, all cars manufactured from this date unwards received the replacement parts that are still being used on post-Jan 1 productions. These vehicles were shipped after Jan 1, together on the same vessels with other pre-15 Dec productions which had the Intel and the Data-enabled USB Hub and Lithium-iron batteries

• Informative
Reactions: jmhumphreys
I managed to swap my car for a inventory one a few weeks ago and it’s a 2021 car but having spoke to Tesla over the phone they assured me it was a 2022 spec car with the newer chip and bigger battery so I wouldn’t let it stop you swapping if another one pops up.
Same for me, custom order on 12 Jan for March delivery, saw load of inventory cars pop up in inventory and got swapped, picked up on 9th Feb.

Does anybody know when Tesla share the registration plate for your car?

I have a VIN + I have Delivery date and time on March 5th, but no REG # and so can’t sort our insurance … how soon and how do you get the REG?
I am in the same position, collection booked for 3rd March. Chatted online with Davide today and he told me the reg number had not yet been allocated but that I should get a text with this later this week. So that would mean about 2 weeks prior if it happens.

Its now collection day time to make my way to Belfast to collect my model 3 long range in pearl white I I will dropping off my 2017 model s 75 and hopefully collecting my new model 3 if it is built to a decent standard and has the new mcc and low voltage battery.
Would be interested in your collection experience - expecting my RWD 7th - 21st March from Belfast.