Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So @CaptainCalm did you receive a delivery text today? I had a "on its way" a day after you so hopefully me and @milesr3 are next!
I’ll be honest, I tried as hard as I could to be patient and wait until Wednesday morning to contact Tesla, but at 7:45pm tonight, I saw the chat icon appear and couldn’t restrain myself.

I ended up creating a chat session and asked how long it would be before I get my final invoice because I need it in order to submit it to my loan provider for processing (they take up to 10 days to process it and then a further 3-5 working days to put the money into my account). I explained that given I’d need to pay the money to Tesla days before pick up, I was worried that things are getting tight for my estimated delivery window.

The TA was very understanding and after a “standby” message and a 1 minute pause, he said, he’d just cleared it with his manager, and asked me how the 12th of March sounds, explaining that if I’m happy with that date they’d get the invoice sent out ASAP. I immediately accepted and minutes later, I got confirmation emails and my account updated with the delivery date and the final invoice.

The TA did mention that they are updating thousands of orders over the next few days to progress them to this stage. So I expect yours should definitely be in this batch of account updates.

Those that have collected - have you tested the USB ports? Report on a Y collection said they weren’t charging but wireless pad was ok. I skipped the USB ports because the wireless charger was working so haven’t checked yet

Edit: mine are ok (front and rear)

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainCalm
Those that have collected - have you tested the USB ports? Report on a Y collection said they weren’t charging but wireless pad was ok. I skipped the USB ports because the wireless charger was working so haven’t checked yet

Edit: mine are ok (front and rear)
Just checked mine front and rear, all charging OK, any quick ways to check if any of these are data enabled (not using a game controller)?

Paint Gate Update:

So after picking my Deep Blue Metallic car up from Bluewater yesterday I reported that their were swirls in the paint and what can only be described as looking like it had been put through one of those automatic car washes with the bristle brushes.....well the good news today is that in natural daylight (yes it has stopped raining and we have blue skies and sunshine) I can't see them. I took a leather and micro fibre cloth to the bonnet and doors this morning and it really doesn't matter which angle I look at it I can't see the marks. I am going to put this down to the LED lighting in Bluewater car park showing every imperfection in the paint, as I rarely stare at my car under LED lighting I am not going to bother with the service call in case they actually do some real damage. FYI the glue from the packing blocks is a nightmare to remove, anyone finding residual glue on the paintwork, gently gently with a damp soapy cloth and it does come off. No doubt their will be some experienced detailers on this forum with some top tips beyond soapy water

just chanced the website chat and got excited when it appeared as its the first time I've seen it.. but alas no response from them in the last 25 minutes so i guess I've been ditched from the chat :mad:😢
This happened to me once and each time I opened a new browser and tried to get chat it opened the old dead chat box. So I launched Edge (normally use Chrome) and was able to start a new chat and get through to a TA

Reactions: znafgaz
I have ordered mine via a separate lease company, I got my RN text from Tesla the next day…. I see people can see estimated delivery dates in the portal. I don’t see anything when I log on to my account. Is this because I am a lease customer?
I believe that's correct, I'm also a leaser (through my work scheme) and was told I wouldn't see anything in my Tesla account until collection. You are meant to go through your lease company for updates (they will be able to see the estimated dates that private buyers can see), but you can always try and ask the Tesla chat for an update with the RN number, it works sometimes, other time they tell you to talk to your lease company.

Reactions: platham