Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does the Bluetooth activation do buddy?
🤷🏻‍♂️ No idea. Just going from previous posts by other members who said that when they were prompted to accept access to Bluetooth on the app, they have seen update on Tesla order page with VIN in source code.

If I was to speculate I would think that allowing app to use Bluetooth could be something to do with unlocking/locking car when you using your phone as key. That’s the only thing which makes sense as you approaching car and connection between phone and car is established and car unlocks. I guess when they allocate VIN (even though only in source code) they expect delivery/collection of the car soon and therefore making sure that your phone app is ready to be used as key. But I might be wrong, so take above response with pinch of salt 😃

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
🤷🏻‍♂️ No idea. Just going from previous posts by other members who said that when they were prompted to accept access to Bluetooth on the app, they have seen update on Tesla order page with VIN in source code.

If I was to speculate I would think that allowing app to use Bluetooth could be something to do with unlocking/locking car when you using your phone as key. That’s the only thing which makes sense as you approaching car and connection between phone and car is established and car unlocks. I guess when they allocate VIN (even though only in source code) they expect delivery/collection of the car soon and therefore making sure that your phone app is ready to be used as key. But I might be wrong, so take above response with pinch of salt 😃
Ahh, maybe you are right pal. Im still awaiting for a car to be matched. All i ordered was the M3/white/black/aero. They said march delivery still not matched to anything :( each minute and day feels like an eternity atm :'(

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Ahh, maybe you are right pal. Im still awaiting for a car to be matched. All i ordered was the M3/white/black/aero. They said march delivery still not matched to anything :( each minute and day feels like an eternity atm :'(
I know the feeling. I was waiting and checking my Tesla order page source code several times a day and couldn’t wait for it to be updated. I think everyone here is very excited and can’t wait to have it delivered asap. It is still not as bad as waiting on cars from other manufacturers with 12months or longer.

I know the feeling. I was waiting and checking my Tesla order page source code several times a day and couldn’t wait for it to be updated. I think everyone here is very excited and can’t wait to have it delivered asap. It is still not as bad as waiting on cars from other manufacturers with 12months or longer.
I ordered this Tesla M3 through my work as a company car. I originally ordered the Mercedes A250e premium plus package in March 2021. I was suppose to get it in September 2021. Because of chip shortages they delayed it to 2022(god knows what month) so i cancelled it with my work fleet manager who advised me that we now have Tesla on the company Policy. So i ordered the Tesla M3 in Jan and now waiting for it... so technically speaking i have been waiting nearly a year for a new work car :D

Heya,

I ordered on the 7th Feb, had a March EDD which updated to March 15-29th for a few days last week, now it isn't showing any EDD at all on the site or in the app. Is this something that happens or does it mean there has been some sort of delay somewhere?

M3 RWD Blue/Black/Aeros, picking up from Newcastle. VIN in the source.
Great news, i ordered a RWD blue on 03/01. Went from February to march, to march 15th - 29th then that went and just a blank space now,

Heya,

I ordered on the 7th Feb, had a March EDD which updated to March 15-29th for a few days last week, now it isn't showing any EDD at all on the site or in the app. Is this something that happens or does it mean there has been some sort of delay somewhere?

M3 RWD Blue/Black/Aeros, picking up from Newcastle. VIN in the source.
I ordered the exact same spec on the 03/01 and i had exactly the same updates, now mine is blank, hope we don’t have to wait to long now,

So pleased for all those that are getting their app updated with VINs, dates etc. I'm still waiting on a delivery date & I'm assuming because I've ordered through OctopusEV that nothing shows on my app.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a March date, but starting to feel a bit deflated as the days go by. Hoping that Davide wasn't spinning me a yarn when he said the car was on it's way and should be here early March! As for my poor husband, I think he's slowly losing the will to live every time I bleat on about the car ;)😂

So pleased for all those that are getting their app updated with VINs, dates etc. I'm still waiting on a delivery date & I'm assuming because I've ordered through OctopusEV that nothing shows on my app.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a March date, but starting to feel a bit deflated as the days go by. Hoping that Davide wasn't spinning me a yarn when he said the car was on it's way and should be here early March! As for my poor husband, I think he's slowly losing the will to live every time I bleat on about the car ;)😂
Hang in there. There have been quite a few of us in the same boat on here.

Reactions: Spottytiger
Bit of an update on my situation...

So I arranged another test drive today at Tesla in Winchester to have a go of a M3P; my original test drive was in a M3LR. I got talking with the sales lady there and told her of my frustration with my order being put back to May, and she made me aware of a car that had just gone into inventory. It had the FSD option, but was otherwise the spec I'd ordered. After clearing it with the powers that be, she confirmed the FSD could be removed, as it's only software. So I've been allocated! :D

Delivery February 25 - March 04.

VIN in source code: LRW3F7EL0NC477xxx

Delivery will be from Bluewater, which is a bit out my way. But driving it back is half the fun right?! I'm 45 years old, but I feel like a 10 year old at Christmas!

Base spec RWD/White/Black/Aeros ordered 21st December. Always showed May estimate

Spotted an inventory car early this month, snapped it up, have a 3rd March delivery date and have paid it off in full.
It was built in 2021 with a less efficient motor, but to save up to 3 months of waiting it seemed worth it.

Now this morning the original order (which I didn't cancel in case something like this happened) is showing estimate of March 11-25th with a VIN in the source.
Now it seems reasonable to wait 1-3 weeks for a greater chance of upgrades, and a more efficient motor.

I wonder if I'll get a text to arrange delivery time of the original order soon...
Is it reasonable to cancel the inventory order a week before collection? Is it easy to transfer payment (direct, no lease)?

Choices, choices...

If only I had been patient in the first place 😂
It maybe less efficient, but if the 8th letter of the VIN is A or J it will be much faster, the "Unicorn"!

If it is S, it will be the 2022 spec

Reactions: iorgosg

Whats your specs buddy?