Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i think it's one of those WHAT IF questions. I wish I had the confidence to say, YEP no screen protector will be fine... then 2 weeks in to ownership my daughter tries to take her rucksack off in the car, and swashes it with the zip causing a minor yet OCD crippling scratch..

I'm really struggling to find a clear protector, ez fit one, that looks like no screen protector there, but the safety net of being one! The matte ones come highly praised, but not having seen one directly, sort of puts me on the back foot, and each has their own personal taste on things. Oh choices oh choices.

Alrighty, so just heads up : Amazon have restocked their Spigen CLEAR / GLOSS EZ fit screen protectors. They have been out of stock for months.

I think I convinced myself that I wanted the gloss / clear / non screen altering variant. I'll see how it goes, but, feel sort of satisfied that when I watch netflix, or turn brightness down that there will be no seeming loss of clarity. If I got the matte, I'd be looking for it, and wondering how the clear would look.

I really am that bad.

Alrighty, so just heads up : Amazon have restocked their Spigen CLEAR / GLOSS EZ fit screen protectors. They have been out of stock for months.

I think I convinced myself that I wanted the gloss / clear / non screen altering variant. I'll see how it goes, but, feel sort of satisfied that when I watch netflix, or turn brightness down that there will be no seeming loss of clarity. If I got the matte, I'd be looking for it, and wondering how the clear would look.

I really am that bad.
Amazon's return policies are pretty lax, you could always get both and send back the one you're not happy with 😉

Reactions: Snowy77

I really am that bad.
Cheers for the heads up!
I was waiting for the clear one too for exactly the same reasons. Just ordered and will be here tomorrow... Now just have to wait for the car!

I really am that bad.

thanks - the reviews on the matte weren't great. I'm not likely to drop this on the floor but now you've got me paranoid about backpacks - or at least the wife's handbag in the front

I really am that bad.

Found a cheaper one on AliExpress, same sort of easy fit but for £22.63. Good ratings and delivery within 2 weeks.

Probably the same thing from the same factory but with different branding, if you want to save a tenner.

Reactions: Snowy77
When I'm completing Registration process for my order, my company will be purchasing the car, there is a section named "Care of" What is this for and are there any advantages or disadvantages to completing or not completing this.
Also what will Tesla accept as proof of company address? I was thinking a screenshot of the details on Companies House.

Found a cheaper one on AliExpress, same sort of easy fit but for £22.63. Good ratings and delivery within 2 weeks.

Probably the same thing from the same factory but with different branding, if you want to save a tenner.
Nice heads up, my only reservation is that it's a long way to come and it's quite a fragile package. I'd rather pay a little more, get it with Amazon peace of mind, and easily get a replacement if it's broken or damaged.

Everything else came from Ali Express though 😆😁

Talking of which, it's all arrived! I have it all spread out over my office room floor! Giving the rolled up trunk / frunk mats time to reshape.

Reactions: Rgascoigne71

I really am that bad.
I fitted the Spigen Matte (it was the only one they had in stock)
Fitting - thought best to set an hour aside, took all of 10 minutes, the frame it comes in is brilliant, just make sure you hold it in place when peeling the swipe here tape off
Impressions - You can't see it, it really does look like factory fit. Considering the amount of fingerprints I cleaned off the screen prior to applying, I haven't had to do this once since fitting. It doesn't reduce the glare, what sun we have had still hits the screen and you can't see squat. I think you would be hard pressed to notice a different in clarity, maybe if you put 2 screens side by side you would notice a difference but once it was fitted I couldn't really tell and I have the screen set at ~60% brightness. Considering the fact that you still get the glare issue with the Matte the clear screen may be the better option.