Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The SFL Compressor has docked at southampton port and i have not been matched to a vin yet. I feel happy for the people thatbhave been matched and awaiting pick up/delivery. :) the Grand Pioneer is on the way to GB and i am hoping i get matched to vin on that shipment. If not, ill be waiting months then. :'( - i hope Elon does something remarkable and get us all matched to a vin that are waiting to be matched. :)

You'll get the RN number as soon as the LeaseCo place the order with Tesla. Mine came through the same morning the order went in. No dates though in the text from Tesla, I had to speak directly to the Tesla rep to check the target fulfilment date
RN received today, really don’t need the car until Jun tho as that’s when my Ioniq goes back. Hopefully it all works out somehow 😂

Reactions: jmhumphreys
M3 doesn't have the new laminated rear windows, but posts I've seen all say the rest is present. I also confirmed mine does via chat before I ordered it from inventory.

The rear windows are the kind of thing that Tesla soft-launch, rumours of the heated steering wheel were very strong in September/October 2020 but the first deliveries with it didn't start until January/February 2021.

The suspicion is that they just run down the "old" parts bin before they start fitting them, so you find stuff appearing late in one quarter or at the start of the next one.

I think that's why we sometimes get the "unicorn" cars like last year's late arriving SR+ with the new larger battery and the older motor.

The SFL Compressor has docked at southampton port and i have not been matched to a vin yet. I feel happy for the people thatbhave been matched and awaiting pick up/delivery. :) the Grand Pioneer is on the way to GB and i am hoping i get matched to vin on that shipment. If not, ill be waiting months then. :'( - i hope Elon does something remarkable and get us all matched to a vin that are waiting to be matched. :)
I have my fingers crossed for a pioneer delivery.

Well, well. How quickly things can change......
Emailed my sales guy today to ask why my delivery had gone from March to last week of March to May/June in the space of a few days and mentioned that it wasn't workable for me to wait another 3 months. An hour or two later my phone rings but I couldn't answer as in a restaurant. Then an email notification popped up on the screen from Tesla. It was the salesman who'd been trying to phone me. He wanted to let me know he'd allocated a car to me and it'd be delivered in the first week or so of March. It is still in transit so on a boat somewhere. VIN assigned an in the source code.

Hallelujah

I can only assume the sales guys have access to vehicles that have yet to be assigned.

Well, well. How quickly things can change......
Emailed my sales guy today to ask why my delivery had gone from March to last week of March to May/June in the space of a few days and mentioned that it wasn't workable for me to wait another 3 months. An hour or two later my phone rings but I couldn't answer as in a restaurant. Then an email notification popped up on the screen from Tesla. It was the salesman who'd been trying to phone me. He wanted to let me know he'd allocated a car to me and it'd be delivered in the first week or so of March. It is still in transit so on a boat somewhere. VIN assigned an in the source code.

Hallelujah

I can only assume the sales guys have access to vehicles that have yet to be assigned.
Very helpful :) grats on the good fortune as well. That's great news!!

I ordered on 19 December and was offered a 2021 car from inventory the next day. I was then VIN matched for a 2022 on 13 January and received the 'on it's way' and 'schedule your delivery' messages within hours on 14 January. I could have arranged collection between 10 and 17 February but I put the order on-hold until 15 February.

Second VIN matched 7 February with 'on it's way' message the following day, then 'schedule your delivery' message on the 16 Feb. I will collect on 12 March.

So less than two months from order to available collection in my case, plus one month of self-imposed delay. Appreciate that it is very spec dependent though - order a RWD in white and you'll be waiting all year for it. In my case it may also have helped to have no trade-in, no finance and to have completed all the invoicing pre-requisites on the account.

I ordered on 19 December and was offered a 2021 car from inventory the next day. I was then VIN matched for a 2022 on 13 January and received the 'on it's way' and 'schedule your delivery' messages within hours on 14 January. I could have arranged collection between 10 and 17 February but I put the order on-hold until 15 February.

Second VIN matched 7 February with 'on it's way' message the following day, then 'schedule your delivery' message on the 16 Feb. I will collect on 12 March.

So less than two months from order to available collection in my case, plus one month of self-imposed delay. Appreciate that it is very spec dependent though - order a RWD in white and you'll be waiting all year for it. In my case it may also have helped to have no trade-in, no finance and to have completed all the invoicing pre-requisites on the account.
Similar story. Ordered 6th December, received "on the way" 17th Jan, rejected car for 22 plate, received text again today to state car is on the way. Just waiting for delivery date now so looking like early/mid March.
Lease order, M3LR White/White/18s