Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it's been a funny old week sat staring at the Tesla website, hitting refresh, starting chat, waiting in call queues...you get the drill. I've been far too distracted from the work that I should have been doing (lots of extra hours needed now to pull back lost time), but it has paid off. New order placed yesterday after speaking to Davide on chat. Snapped-up a new order from inventory (thanks to the early alert notification though Telegram). New finance application made online and approved in minutes through ALD. Delivery window given immediately with order and narrowed to a specific date and time slot today. I will be collecting from Brum at 4.30pm THIS FRIDAY!!! Have been chatting with Thomas and Paige at Tesla today. Both very helpful and followed through as promised with SMS updates and even agreed to change the reg Number (as I didn't like it). Excited now. Bring on Friday!!!

Well, it's been a funny old week sat staring at the Tesla website, hitting refresh, starting chat, waiting in call queues...you get the drill. I've been far too distracted from the work that I should have been doing (lots of extra hours needed now to pull back lost time), but it has paid off. New order placed yesterday after speaking to Davide on chat. Snapped-up a new order from inventory (thanks to the early alert notification though Telegram). New finance application made online and approved in minutes through ALD. Delivery window given immediately with order and narrowed to a specific date and time slot today. I will be collecting from Brum at 4.30pm THIS FRIDAY!!! Have been chatting with Thomas and Paige at Tesla today. Both very helpful and followed through as promised with SMS updates and even agreed to change the reg Number (as I didn't like it). Excited now. Bring on Friday!!!

another order?? what spec this time :D

• Funny
Reactions: Stumbleine
Has anyone received model 3 RWD 2022 and can confirm what the car comes with or what has been excluded, such as usb c and wireless charger? Also, do they include mud flaps, USB cables, etc. These are rumours tesla are taking off things due to chip shortage.

Congrats! Although I’m not sure who I’m happier for.. you? or the person you’ve freed up a March RWD for. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: jmhumphreys
Can I ask what reg you didn't like? :D What did you say? Nah don't like it can I have another? That's brilliant news though, sincere grats and as usual custom, cannot wait for some snaps! Well done !

wait you can get a heads up on the arrival of new inventory through Telegram.. what is this magic thing??

Has anyone received model 3 RWD 2022 and can confirm what the car comes with or what has been excluded, such as usb c and wireless charger? Also, do they include mud flaps, USB cables, etc. These are rumours tesla are taking off things due to chip shortage.
The USB Hub which provides charge to the two (2) USB-C ports in the centre console and the front Wireless Charger Pad, is charge-only meaning the USB-C ports which were previously in 2021 refresh models Data-enabled so one could plug in a Music dongle, game controller, etc is no longer Data-enabled and due to global shortage they have reverted back as a permanent fixture going forward wo the Charge-only USB Hub. The problem is that this older Charge-only USB Hub has its own technical problems, it does not recognise all brands of cables and only works with some. The vehicle does not include USB cables, no vehicle does. It does include mud flaps. My Tesla M3 was produced just before the Global Data shortage and Tesla downgrading the USB Hub to a charge only version and it also included the 12-month complimentary Premium LTE/GSM Networking which Tesla discontinued at the same time to only 1-month complimentary Premium LTE/GSM Networking

+1 would be nice to know what to expect on day 1
M3P Blue/Black 2022 collected 15th Feb
Came with:
Ryzen
Latest low voltage battery
Heated wiper park (after software update)
Double laminated front windows
Heated Seats (Front & Rear)
Heated Steering Wheel
Mats, Front, Rear and Boot (not the best but they were included)
5 Metre type 2 charging cable
Granny Charger
Emergency Medical Pack
Stubby mud flaps were fitted (extensions are in the boot)
Wireless charging x 2 Front
USB-C 2 x Front, 2 x Rear
12 volt cigarette style charger
Rubber mats in the storage pockets
2 key cards
3 miles on the clock

2 x Software updates since delivery

Edit: as per CL65 stated 1 Month Premium LTE/GSM Network + Tesla Spotify Account (if you don't want to use your own)

Came with:
Ryzen
Heated Steering Wheel
Granny Charger
Emergency Medical Pack
2 key cards
3 miles on the clock

And new rear light clusters? 😆

There should also be a USB-A in the glovebox with 128GB flash drive for Sentry recording. I've got a 1TB SSD partitioned into three drives (TeslaDrive, Music & Misc) so that I can play lossless music. See Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 10.12.32.png

Reactions: Snowy77
Came with:
Ryzen
Heated Steering Wheel
Granny Charger
Emergency Medical Pack
Rubber mats in the storage pockets
2 key cards
3 miles on the clock

Edit: as per CL65 stated 1 Month Premium LTE/GSM Network + Tesla Spotify Account (if you don't want to use your own)

All vehicle models come with Standard Connectivity. One side note to M3P regarding using your own data in place of subscribing to Tesla's data package: if you use your own data via wi-fi you lose access and availability of several items which are important to me but may not be to everyone, namely, with your own data you will not have access to the following which you would if you are subscribed to Tesla's Premium Connectivity: Remote Dashcam viewing of all cameras via the Tesla App, the internal music and film apps programmed in the Tesla Head unit. Here is a summary:

1645698996256.png

This is a good source for details:

This is a better table:

1645699531537.png

Last edited:
As I'm always on the look out for some bargains for you guys, I just came across some 'generic' Chinese Ali express 3D style (Maxpider3D / Taptes etc etc) floormats on amazon for model 3 for £94 quid. I think I prefer the style of the TeslaShields one as they seem to have a slightly more desirable cut on the back, but it's not something most people would notice.

vs

Talking of interior floor mats, what have you guys gone for? Are the standard issue AWD fabric mats adequate do you think?

Reactions: znafgaz
Nope, Small Indicators and Brake lights with single Reverse and Fog, I didn't even know about the new light clusters until a previous post highlighted it. Not sure if the light clusters are new or there is some software update pending that will just change the light patterns (someone more intelligent than me may have the answers)
From what I've read online the new lights have different wiring to the old, and an entirely new part number. If Tesla will allow it, I don't see why parts can't be ordered and fitted by a technician though (assuming all 2022 cars have wiring that is compatible with both the old/new lights). But it does seem that there is more to it than a software update.

Reactions: M3P_2022
All vehicle models come with Standard Connectivity. One side note to M3P regarding using your own data in place of subscribing to Tesla's data package: if you use your own data via wi-fi you lose access and availability of several items which are important to me but may not be to everyone, namely, with your own data you will not have access to the following which you would if you are subscribed to Tesla's Premium Connectivity: Remote Dashcam viewing of all cameras via the Tesla App, the internal music and film apps programmed in the Tesla Head unit. Here is a summary:

View attachment 773223
Premium all the way for me. It completes the car in my opinion.

As I'm always on the look out for some bargains for you guys, I just came across some 'generic' Chinese Ali express 3D style (Maxpider3D / Taptes etc etc) floormats on amazon for model 3 for £94 quid. I think I prefer the style of the TeslaShields one as they seem to have a slightly more desirable cut on the back, but it's not something most people would notice.

vs

Talking of interior floor mats, what have you guys gone for? Are the standard issue AWD fabric mats adequate do you think?

I've heard mixed reviews of the cloth mats provided with delivery.

With new cars I tend to stick with the mats provided on delivery until they get far to grubby/worn to continue looking 'fresh' even after a decent clean. I'll then pull the trigger on some high-quality rubber/plastic ones.

I prefer the look of the TeslaShields, but will probably go OEM when the time comes.

Reactions: Snowy77