Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were only 2 people collecting when I was there so timing wasn't a problem, not sure what they are like if it is busy (if it does actually get busy). It's not the best place to inspect your car, poor lighting, also only had 30% charge so depending on your journey I would head straight to the Super Charger and start any inspecting whilst it is charging (you sign for the car prior to inspection)
Thanks. Yes, I'd read about the relatively poor lighting at the pickup location. I was told my car was at 30% SoC yesterday, I think that seems pretty standard on collection. I'm going down to Hastings after collection, so will definitely top up at the chargers & fiddle with settings etc while waiting.

I like the look of the TeslaShields to, but the

Got some sad news, I just spoke to Tesla and indeed my 21st march pick up has been dropkicked to Q2. My preparedness now is just going to haunt me for another month. So guys looks like if you haven't had VINS and expecting a March delivery, you can join me in the small violin club :(

Got to modify my signature now, with a heavy heart!

was it a confirmed date, not a range? Thats odd to move so far. Messed up on allocation somehow? Surpirse they can’t at least look to see perhaps if alternatives are available (if you’re flexible on spec/colour for instance)?

Snowy should have set up affiliate links - bought the trays from tesla, they’re quite nice - the standard cubbies are almost stupidly deep so not very practical really. And my spigen clear protector just arrived.

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
Micro SDs are built to be written and re-written multiple times with data, so makes it ideal for Video cameras, Digital cameras, CCTV, Dashcams, etc. SSDs aren't built for that type of usage, and USB flash drives, such as the one Tesla provides, aren't much better either.
Tesla's sentry and dashcam are sentimental as they already are, don't even work with ALL SSD's out there and is designed for use with SSD in order to have the highest probability that it operates in the way it was intended to operate. The Read/Write access times for Micro SD's are much higher hence introducing even possibility for more variables contributing to false operation of Sentry and Dashcam and you wont know it until that very moment you need the recording and discover it did not record. Even with an SSD, make sure you set up some mock trial incidents you wish to go back and review and then access it and see if the specific date and time is there for you to view. If it is not then your drive may have been the culprit. You are much safer using the small capacity SSD the vehicle comes with than using a higher capacity Micro SD

Reactions: ivanbrazza

Got some sad news, I just spoke to Tesla and indeed my 21st march pick up has been dropkicked to Q2. My preparedness now is just going to haunt me for another month. So guys looks like if you haven't had VINS and expecting a March delivery, you can join me in the small violin club :(

@Snowy77 I just had exactly the same thing happen. Mid March now pushed to end of May/June. Spoke to Thomas on chat and I now just need to keep an eye on inventory becoming available.

Anyone got any tips for when new inventory becomes available, was told daily but I can't face hitting refresh every two mins!

Ordered a White LR. Fingers crossed I can get something before that...

Reactions: Snowy77
@Snowy77 I just had exactly the same thing happen. Mid March now pushed to end of May/June. Spoke to Thomas on chat and I now just need to keep an eye on inventory becoming available.

Anyone got any tips for when new inventory becomes available, was told daily but I can't face hitting refresh every two mins!

Ordered a White LR. Fingers crossed I can get something before that...

or perhaps bloody Tesla shouldn't be releasing cars to inventory when other people with the same spec are waiting until May/June!? How crazy is that?

That's bad luck, @Snowy77

If you have your heart set on a March delivery, I strongly recommend asking CS on phone/chat to check Inventory on their side. I have manged to bag the standard white LR spec (same as my original order) from Inventory and am now expecting delivery first 2 weeks in March. They managed to do this even though the Inventory web page wasn't showing any vehicles on my side....

Random ones will appear at anytime - seemingly as and when an existing order is unmatched.

Typically larger batches appear towards the end of the day, after 17:00.

You may want to use an alert service if you don't want to be refreshing your browser every 5 minutes.

Tesla's sentry and dashcam are sentimental as they already are, don't even work with ALL SSD's out there and is designed for use with SSD in order to have the highest probability that it operates in the way it was intended to operate. The Read/Write access times for Micro SD's are much higher hence introducing even possibility for more variables contributing to false operation of Sentry and Dashcam and you wont know it until that very moment you need the recording and discover it did not record. Even with an SSD, make sure you set up some mock trial incidents you wish to go back and review and then access it and see if the specific date and time is there for you to view. If it is not then your drive may have been the culprit. You are much safer using the small capacity SSD the vehicle comes with than using a higher capacity Micro SD
The one they supply is 128GB and the Micro SD card I'm getting is 128GB, and as long as it has a sustained write speed of 4MB/s as outlined in the Tesla manual, I don't envisage any potential issues. Also there is subtle nuances between the differences of a SSD and a flash drive. For example, not all SSD drives use flash memory and one is much faster than the other.

Regardless, I've seen people have issues with the Tesla USB flash drive provided (on this forum and others). More so of those who have had to go onto format it to get it working again or replace it with a non-Tesla branded storage, than I have read of failures with using third party solutions, specifically a Micro SD card.

That's bad luck, @Snowy77

If you have your heart set on a March delivery, I strongly recommend asking CS on phone/chat to check Inventory on their side. I have manged to bag the standard white LR spec (same as my original order) from Inventory and am now expecting delivery first 2 weeks in March. They managed to do this even though the Inventory web page wasn't showing any vehicles on my side....
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone! You're super lucky Minty. Same spec as me, my daughter NEEDED a white one (lol), so it's regular and fairly standard white / black spec. I spoke to Tesla earlier, and I'm pretty high up in the queue and have active matching enabled. So if something comes up it comes up. I dare say I'm pretty patient. 6 weeks longer is what it is, I can enjoy everyone here getting their vehicles in the meantime, it's super exciting to hear and see cars getting picked up. Keep the photos coming!

was it a confirmed date, not a range? Thats odd to move so far. Messed up on allocation somehow? Surpirse they can’t at least look to see perhaps if alternatives are available (if you’re flexible on spec/colour for instance)?

Snowy should have set up affiliate links - bought the trays from tesla, they’re quite nice - the standard cubbies are almost stupidly deep so not very practical really. And my spigen clear protector just arrived.
Happy to share links of specific items if anyone needs them. I just went to town on Ali Express, I figured most of Amazon is just generic chinese Ali Express product anyway, they're just twice the price 😄

Sensitive and fragile stuff I purchased on Amazon with the Amazon stamp on it. Nothing like supported by a robust returns policy :)

This time yesterday it said 21 - 31 March, been watching GLOVIS SYMPHONY as it was the boat most likely associated with that shipment date. yesterday lunchtime it moved to May / June

1645712186012.png

BUT I spoke to a rep and was told I will be given the text sometime mid April, I'll assume a shipment will be well on route by then which I should be able to keep watch on. Can only summise that I'm pretty near the top of the match list.

I can't moan too much, but I am looking forward to it :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone! You're super lucky Minty. Same spec as me, my daughter NEEDED a white one (lol), so it's regular and fairly standard white / black spec. I spoke to Tesla earlier, and I'm pretty high up in the queue and have active matching enabled. So if something comes up it comes up. I dare say I'm pretty patient. 6 weeks longer is what it is, I can enjoy everyone here getting their vehicles in the meantime, it's super exciting to hear and see cars getting picked up. Keep the photos coming!
Fantastic attitude Snowy 👍 I could only dream of being that mature and not throwing my toys around if I was in the same situation 😁

"You are much safer using the small capacity SSD the vehicle comes with than using a higher capacity Micro SD"
Thats my point, the tesla comes with a USD flash drive, how reliable is it and does it compare to SSD speeds or compares to non-branded USB sticks? (which is not great)

Where do you stick the Samsung reader? Can you have both the Tesla 128gb and this Samsung 128 reader same time together in the glove box?
I think some people put an unpowered USB HUB in there, and get away with multiple devices... but, others have used beefier storage units and partitioned it to accomodate the teslacam and other utility like MP3 storage. I'd probably stick to a partitioned single unit rather than string devices to a hub. Think there have been some performance / stability issues with a hub and chain.