Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where do you stick the Samsung reader? Can you have both the Tesla 128gb and this Samsung 128 reader same time together in the glove box?
There's only one USB port in the glove box so only one. I'm buying it to replace the Tesla one due to reliability concerns of the latter. I am aware others have a larger storage device connected to the same port and partition for both sentry recordings and media.

Reactions: Snowy77
There were only 2 people collecting when I was there so timing wasn't a problem, not sure what they are like if it is busy (if it does actually get busy). It's not the best place to inspect your car, poor lighting, also only had 30% charge so depending on your journey I would head straight to the Super Charger and start any inspecting whilst it is charging (you sign for the car prior to inspection)
Is there any supercharger at bluewater or closeby? Did you sign the contract right there or at home prior to collecting your vehicle?

Is there any supercharger at bluewater or closeby? Did you sign the contract right there or at home prior to collecting your vehicle?
Collections are usually on the ground floor of the yellow car park (they will send you a text with a what3words location) the Super Chargers are on the same floor (there are 11 according to their website). When you show your licence to the Tesla rep and confirm you have insurance they will have you sign their IPad and that's it, your the owner of a shiny new Tesla.

Edit: They are also not free (some of the other locations seem to allow a free charge on collection day) It will be charged to whichever card you have associated with your Tesla account

I had my tesla supplied stick fail a few times on my last car - constnatly needed formatting to be even recognised so wasn't reliable for actually capturing footage. I slapped a T5 in there and its been fine. I haven't set up USB music as the interface isn't great, I'll just use bluetooth from my phone with apple music

That's bad luck, @Snowy77

If you have your heart set on a March delivery, I strongly recommend asking CS on phone/chat to check Inventory on their side. I have manged to bag the standard white LR spec (same as my original order) from Inventory and am now expecting delivery first 2 weeks in March. They managed to do this even though the Inventory web page wasn't showing any vehicles on my side....
Was that just via webchat on the website?

Collections are usually on the ground floor of the yellow car park (they will send you a text with a what3words location) the Super Chargers are on the same floor (there are 11 according to their website). When you show your licence to the Tesla rep and confirm you have insurance they will have you sign their IPad and that's it, your the owner of a shiny new Tesla.

Edit: They are also not free (some of the other locations seem to allow a free charge on collection day) It will be charged to whichever card you have associated with your Tesla account
Oh, that sounds good, thanks. So did you use the supercharger located their? Also, did tesla charge you, considering the car came with a 30% charge?

I had my tesla supplied stick fail a few times on my last car - constnatly needed formatting to be even recognised so wasn't reliable for actually capturing footage. I slapped a T5 in there and its been fine. I haven't set up USB music as the interface isn't great, I'll just use bluetooth from my phone with apple music
what else do people partition their tesla stick for apart from camera footage and music?
does it accept mp4 video?

I like the look of the TeslaShields to, but the

Got some sad news, I just spoke to Tesla and indeed my 21st march pick up has been dropkicked to Q2. My preparedness now is just going to haunt me for another month. So guys looks like if you haven't had VINS and expecting a March delivery, you can join me in the small violin club :(

Got to modify my signature now, with a heavy heart!
I spoke to the guys over the phone just now and I have just been admitted to @Snowy77 's Small Violin Club 😄 i'm being pragmatic about it as it means my settlement quote for my existing M3P will obviously reduce (after having made a further two payments), and who knows? We may even get some improved config! (I know there is a greater chance of pigs flying).
However, my trade in valuation expires on 11th April so I'm slightly annoyed about that. The chap I spoke to on the phone was a lot more helpful than the others and he said I would be contacted closer to that time to revise the valuation and he has had instances where the value has actually gone up! (obviously not promising anything, and i'm not expecting this - but as a current M3P owner, with its upgraded bits, what a bonus it would be if that did happen 😃).

Anyway, off to complete my SVC (Small Violin Club) membership form...

Those of you in the small violin club, had you had the text saying your car was on the way or a delivery date confirmed that they have no delayed or have you been waiting for anything at all from them and now been given a delayed time?

Those of you in the small violin club, had you had the text saying your car was on the way or a delivery date confirmed that they have no delayed or have you been waiting for anything at all from them and now been given a delayed time?
In my case, just had the estimated delivery on my account. No text message, or VIN assigned. Several reps said March was IT, but yesterday it all changed with revised estimated delivery. Today was just confirming the revised delay to Q2. AND the official opening of the 'small violin club'! I was hoping i'd be the only member, but sad to hear others given exclusive membership by Tesla. :(

I spoke to the guys over the phone just now and I have just been admitted to @Snowy77 's Small Violin Club 😄 i'm being pragmatic about it as it means my settlement quote for my existing M3P will obviously reduce (after having made a further two payments), and who knows? We may even get some improved config! (I know there is a greater chance of pigs flying).
However, my trade in valuation expires on 11th April so I'm slightly annoyed about that. The chap I spoke to on the phone was a lot more helpful than the others and he said I would be contacted closer to that time to revise the valuation and he has had instances where the value has actually gone up! (obviously not promising anything, and i'm not expecting this - but as a current M3P owner, with its upgraded bits, what a bonus it would be if that did happen 😃).

Anyway, off to complete my SVC (Small Violin Club) membership form...
Sorry to hear :( Tesla works in misterious ways, so we can be quietly hopeful that some random call will come out of the ether at some point.

At least May marks the end of 'April showers', and start of hopefully bright sunny days! 😇

• Funny
Reactions: TM3PTN
Not a happy bunny, just had a text from Tesla to push back my booked delivery date by a week from 3 March to 10 March (only offered 10 or 11). Text says "Due to delivery delays in transit". I wonder if this means delay in arriving at Southampton or in getting the car from Southampton to Belfast?

Edit: Same VIN in source so it is same car, so just a delay.

For those that received invoices and already collected their vehicle, did you pay immediately or wait a few days to pay before your collection date?
Paid pretty much straight away (Didn't want to stare at the invoice and talk myself out of spending all that money). And for your next question the answer is :) . You can split the payments into as many transactions as you want. Tesla use Citibank which will not be recognised by your bank when you send the first transaction. You will receive a random text with bank details and it will also be on your invoice (trust no one) send a nominal amount and then check your tesla portal if the money has gone to the correct account you will see this deducted of of the total to pay (at that point you will have some confidence that you are not funding some criminals next holiday home) I would still suggest sending the remainder over in manageable amounts over the space of a few days (I would rather lose 10k than 60K). After that your balance should be at zero and you will get a remittance note about a week later