Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, been lurking for a while since the random change of dates to May - June.

I've ordered a M3 LR - black ex and black interior with aero wheels back on January 23rd.

Managed to speak to Paige, she said to keep checking inventory.

Missed out on the cars yesterday and spoke to Craig. I asked why cars go to "up for grabs page" while people have existing orders. He explained that some cars go to existing orders and some go on the page.

So I'm currently in the violin 🎻 club. Hi! Lol

Missed out on the cars yesterday and spoke to Craig. I asked why cars go to "up for grabs page" while people have existing orders. He explained that some cars go to existing orders and some go on the page.
It certainly a way of maintaining the level of hype and visibility of the cars. If there's a chance you can grab one from inventory it brings people back to the website more often to check, which I'm sure converts some to just placing an order for a new one. Very clever gamifying of the experience if they are doing it on purpose!

Was only given one date to pick up at Bluewater
Has anyone managed to pick up earlier?
Doesn't hurt to ask on chat, they may be able to do something.

Though when I picked mine up on the 25th I asked how many cars they hand over in a day. This week they are apparently averaging 117 per day at Bluewater! There must have been easily 500+ cars there last week that I could see, then they said the upper level was also full up with later collections.

Hey guys, been lurking for a while since the random change of dates to May - June.

I've ordered a M3 LR - black ex and black interior with aero wheels back on January 23rd.

Managed to speak to Paige, she said to keep checking inventory.

So I'm currently in the violin 🎻 club. Hi! Lol
How many clubs are there?

Violin Club - waiting to be matched
Guitar Club - waiting for delivery date
Drum Club - picking up day

Sounds right?

The RWD M3 is insurance group 48, the LR is 50 (the highest there is). I can't find a reference to the MY online yet, but suspect it's the same.

A 520d is group 32, so that more than explains the difference in insurance quotes.
The question is more about the why, rather than what group it is in. My ICE M40i is insurance group 40 and is quicker to 60MPH that the MY, similar price range and also have a parcel shelf :D

As I understand it, insurance group ratings are based on the cost of a car’s value, the cost of its spare parts, repair times, performance, security and braking performance. What I hear is that Tesla are expensive to repair and take a while to get back on the road and if they solve that then prices should lower, otherwise the take-up to EV's will hit a plateau (IMO). Time for Tesla to step up.

Reactions: DIY-Trev
The question is more about the why, rather than what group it is in. My ICE M40i is insurance group 40 and is quicker to 60MPH that the MY, similar price range and also have a parcel shelf :D

As I understand it, insurance group ratings are based on the cost of a car’s value, the cost of its spare parts, repair times, performance, security and braking performance. What I hear is that Tesla are expensive to repair and take a while to get back on the road and if they solve that then prices should lower, otherwise the take-up to EV's will hit a plateau (IMO). Time for Tesla to step up.
Shame they don't take in to consideration the car itself has a very high sense of self-preservation, and Tesla owners set a place at the dining table for their new member of the family. The only danger comes from other (moron) drivers, who should be insured anyway, therefore dropping risk levels to basement bargain levels!

Clearly insurance company boards aren't Tesla owners.... yet ;-)

The RWD M3 is insurance group 48, the LR is 50 (the highest there is). I can't find a reference to the MY online yet, but suspect it's the same.

A 520d is group 32, so that more than explains the difference in insurance quotes.

I'm afraid it's not a problem that has a solution now or ever. An EV has two (2) high-value items (unlike ICE's which have several hundred of medium cost items), namely, the Electic motors [two of them in AWD LR and Perf] and the High Voltage Battery. When accidents occur there is a high probability of damage to either or both these items which make up %50+ of the value of the vehicle. This always shall remain the case until in a few decades the price of HV Batteries and Electric Motors drop heavily. Hence, based on historical accident costs insurers have come to the realisation that it makes no sense to insure vehicles that after an accident may need to be written off due to the cost of repairs hence the high premiums being demanded mostly in order to turn away customers. Any premiums received below 1,000 is a steal. Below 600 is great and below 300 is amazing. Unfortunately, for some insurers with little or no experience with insuring EVs, if they offer very low premiums they shall soon be awakened to the costs and will either stop and discontinue insuring EVs altogether (Like the insurer Peugeot Auto Insurance and several others) or increase premiums in following periods.

Last edited:
Base Model 3 + Model 3 Long Range now showing an estimated delivery of February 2023!

1646394055318.png