Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, after a lengthy debate with admiral they said it’s the same car and they won’t lower the insurance based on less HP 🤦🏻‍♂️

do you want them to put up the insurance due to a bigger and more expensive battery pack ;)

most of the insurance cost to me I would guess is repair cost. The SR+ was already group 48 and cars a lot more expensive and more powerful are lower. But maybe they’re easier/cheaper to fix if something bumps them? Lots of smaller parts spread out, vs a big battery pack target where you hit almost anywhere you could damage and is probably expensive to fix?

Having said that, what groups are EVs in generally - the likes of ID3/4, Mach E, Q4 etron - they will all have similar expensive motors and large battery packs. Are they higher groups or is Tesla being singled out?

Last edited:
do you want them to put up the insurance due to a bigger and more expensive battery pack?

most of the insurance cost to me I would guess is repair cost. The SR+ was already group 48 and cars a lot more expensive and more powerful are lower. But maybe they’re easier/cheaper to fix if something bumps them? Lots of smaller parts spread out, vs a big battery pack target where you hit almost anywhere you could damage and is probably expensive to fix?

Having said that, what groups are EVs in generally - the likes of ID3/4, Mach E, Q4 etron - they will all have similar expensive motors and large battery packs. Are they higher groups or is Tesla being singled out?
From my research the KIA EV6/Ioniq were similar to Tesla. ICE vehicles are much cheaper to fix than EVs. New style cars are hard to get parts for early on. I suppose Teslas are still very unique like a lot of new EVs.

For context.
I sold a 2019 Tiguan Tech R 240 and I was paying ~£400 fully comp in 2020/21. My Y insurance fully comp is £720. I was involved in a car accident 4.5 years ago that I still have to declare and that increased my Y quote by £20.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrklaw
I didn't get mine until I asked for it in chat about a week before collection, then was immediately sent a text with the details. It seems to be a manual thing to kick of the text message, rather than an automated process. Try asking in chat.
Same with me. I was on chat and asked if they had my reg as I was trying to sort insurance. They sent me a text. 2 days ago I got the automated text with my reg. I pick up my car in 4 days.

Collected my M3 Standard Plus RWD MSM 18" on February 28th (January 2022 build)
Happy with all that it came with:

AMD ✔️
128GB sentry memory stick ✔️
Heated Steering wheel ✔️
Heated Wipers ✔️
Boombox ✔️
Double glazed windows rear ❌
Floormats included? ✔️
Panel gaps? Minimal (in the rear lights) ✔️
3D5 Motor
439km range @ 100% @ 4°C

I was surprised it also included lights underneath all the doors (wasn't aware it was included in the standard). :)

Even with the more efficient motor and bigger battery pack it is FAST! Can't wait to see the range in late spring/summer.

unnamed.jpg