Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Halifax is asking for the Registration number and you provide them the registration number. This has nothing to do with the Reference to be included with the wire transfer from Halifax to Tesla for payment. You instruct Halifax to enter your RN number on the "Reference line" of their wire transfer to Tesla
Thanks, I hope you're right. To be honest, I was basing my worry of them using the reg number as a reference on a comment I found on another forum, this comment was posted a few years ago and hopefully is no longer correct. I'll give them a call to check anyway.

I'm collecting tomorrow... I couldn't sleep last night, so gawd knows how much kip I'll get tonight!
Hi There,

Excited for you! I have been lurking fro a few days now but wanted to ask a question as I ordered with Octopus EV as well. Been given my RN number and slated for June delivery... Was wondering if you spoke to anyone at Tesla directly to try and find out more about the order? (I wanted to try and see if I can ben matched to a VIN coming earlier than June) Did you call them and if so, what number is best? Thanks!

Hi There,

Excited for you! I have been lurking fro a few days now but wanted to ask a question as I ordered with Octopus EV as well. Been given my RN number and slated for June delivery... Was wondering if you spoke to anyone at Tesla directly to try and find out more about the order? (I wanted to try and see if I can ben matched to a VIN coming earlier than June) Did you call them and if so, what number is best? Thanks!
Hello @Hackney.T

I actually got my VIN from Alex @ Octopus a couple of weeks after being given the RN.
I've never rang Tesla, but have used the chat box on their website... First time I got Davide and he told me the car was on the way, second time I got Paige who was also super helpful and told us a delivery window.

When did you order? I was told by Octopus that I'd missed the March dates for delivery by a couple of days (ordered Jan 30th), so told to expect May/June. Super surprised and extremely pleased that the date changed, especially as some folk on here seem to wait quite a while. Fingers crossed you'll get matched to a VIN shortly :)

One more sleep.

Now trying to decide whether to just change my current insurance policy with esure which runs until October or cancel it and move to Direct line who's quote is a little better and has lower excess.
I ended up canceling and going with a new policy as was only £40 to cancel and the new premium was much cheaper

I've got my black/black performance being delivered on the Thursday...good taste ;)

Hi all!

Order placed for White M3 LR AWD and confirmation received on 24/02/22 including RN reference. Vehicle is ordered as a company car - no further correspondence received since 24/02/22, I assume this is all relatively normal. What are the likely next steps?

Hi all!

Order placed for White M3 LR AWD and confirmation received on 24/02/22 including RN reference. Vehicle is ordered as a company car - no further correspondence received since 24/02/22, I assume this is all relatively normal. What are the likely next steps?
In exactly the same boat albeit a grey LR so keen to hear other’s experiences!

Hello @Hackney.T

I actually got my VIN from Alex @ Octopus a couple of weeks after being given the RN.
I've never rang Tesla, but have used the chat box on their website... First time I got Davide and he told me the car was on the way, second time I got Paige who was also super helpful and told us a delivery window.

When did you order? I was told by Octopus that I'd missed the March dates for delivery by a couple of days (ordered Jan 30th), so told to expect May/June. Super surprised and extremely pleased that the date changed, especially as some folk on here seem to wait quite a while. Fingers crossed you'll get matched to a VIN shortly :)
I never managed to see the chat button so far!! Ordered end of Feb with one of the OctocpusEV "pre ordered" slots...will keep checking for the chat button to appear!