Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgive what is probably a silly question but I'm still in the US and it has been too long since I did anything financial back home (MY will arrive in Scotland before I do). Just got the link to pay....do I just use my normal online banking transfer thing? I got freaked out with the extra info like swift code etc and wondered if it was anything special.
Yes, just normal faster payments in online banking. Most people send a test payment first. I sent £1 then £69 then enough £5k's and £10k's to finish off. They take a couple of hours to appear in your Tesla Account. Best to avoid weekends as processing is slow (non-existent?) then.

Reactions: Evil-The-Cat
Does anyone have any experience using Halifax's PCP? Seems to be a competitive rate. Presumably, I would set the payment method on my Tesla account to be cash, and then organise it via Halifax. But I notice that they need a registration number to complete the application, and judging by the comments on this forum, registrations are given quite late in the day by Tesla. If anyone has taken a similar approach, I'd love to hear how smooth/bumpy it was? Similarly, if anyone is able to suggest any other PCP providers, or offer any experience with Teslas own PCP (Blackhorse?).

Thanks in advance.
Yes it was discussed very recently. Search the thread or the sub forum and you'll find it.

Success. Rubbish photo I know.
F4AFA6E0-6DD1-412B-B09B-D56E9573FE6E.jpeg

There she is. Dropped her off at the detailer to get ceramic coated - no issues with build quality but my god, I’ve never collected a car with so many swirl marks on it!

Noticed a scratch on the bonnet but I’m hoping it’ll just polish off. I’ll add some more photos after I collect it in a few days.

8695BC8B-50D5-43C3-B44C-FDF0382560B3.jpeg11633DAC-92EC-4F6A-9160-937408838E0F.jpeg

Reactions: gslaw2995
Juts had my VIN number appear in the app but it’s not visible online unless I check the source code.

Collecting on the 16th, had to ask for reg number last week. Not sure if the VIN appearing signifies anything….
I collect my car this Thursday 10th and both the app and online just show my RN and VIN, neither have ever shown the reg number, the reg was only ever shown in the SMS and on the final invoice for me.

When did you guys receive the final invoice and details to pay? I collect next Wed 16th from Belfast, but still nothing in my account to allow me to start paying off the balance. Contacted them this morning on chat and they said it would show in a few hours, but still nothing. Craig couldn't give me reg plate details either.

There she is. Dropped her off at the detailer to get ceramic coated - no issues with build quality but my god, I’ve never collected a car with so many swirl marks on it!

Noticed a scratch on the bonnet but I’m hoping it’ll just polish off. I’ll add some more photos after I collect it in a few days.

View attachment 778428View attachment 778433
Light swirls are so satisfying to remove though .

That scratch of yours should polish out. Quick way to tell is wet your finger and rub over the scratch. If it disappears it will most likely polish out. 😊

When did you get the final invoice. I asked about it on chat and was told it’s just the online info that is important.
The final invoice appears in your Tesla account just like your booking invoice. I got the final invoice on 18th Feb but at that time my collection date was 3rd March, so just 13 days later. But then there were 'delivery delays' and tesla put the delivery date back a week to the 10th. The SMS with the Reg plate only came on the 3rd March which at that point was 7 days before delivery.

Edit: I actually first got a SMS with the reg number on 24th Feb (7 days before original delivery date), then got the same SMS again on 3rd March which was 7 days before the new delivery date. So there is a pattern there.

Last edited:
Reactions: SG22
I'm 7 days till delivery now and nothing 🤷‍♂
Lol, you’re going to struggle to satisfy the payment terms: paid in full 7 days before delivery!

However it does also say in the payment instructions to provide proof of payment at least 48hrs before delivery.

Have to say that I did provide some constructive feedback to the Tesla rep who phoned me today about the complete lack of information in my app and what an inconvenient place Bluewater is to get to if you don’t have a car…I do wonder if they have myriad IT systems for different Customer channels. And far too many orders to fulfill.

Last edited:
When did you guys receive the final invoice and details to pay? I collect next Wed 16th from Belfast, but still nothing in my account to allow me to start paying off the balance. Contacted them this morning on chat and they said it would show in a few hours, but still nothing. Craig couldn't give me reg plate details either.
As I said in the above post, I received my final invoice 13 days before my scheduled delivery date and got a SMS to remind me to pay 9 days before. So as you are now just 7 days to go I would keep chasing them up.

View attachment 778428View attachment 778433
Its probably the valet people at the collection point who ve scratched it