Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was obviously a mistake on their portal which will be fixed shortly. But what is fact is that the exact same vehicles sold in the USA whether LR or Perf are priced approx £10,000 less expensive than the exact same models in the UK. I just purchased an M3 LR in the UK on 23 Dec and an M3 LR in the USA (as I am moving there) and the one here in the USA cost approx £10,000 less. The reason is that the UK customer is willing to pay for the substantially higher price and all the UK price hikes. The base M3 LR in the UK was £47,500 for the entirety of 2021, Tesla yanked it up 2-days ago by £3,500 to £51,000
I dont remember we had a choice of what to pay :(

Hi everyone, I placed an order for a RWD model 3 a few days ago, it said delivery November to start with, then July, now it’s saying May 9-Jun which I was quite surprised, do you think this is likely to be delayed?

Also any suggestions on the best way to finance it, PCP directly with Tesla or a finance broker? I got a PCP quote with a finance broker and their ballon payment/GFV was a lot higher than Teslas, which of course breaks the monthly payments down.

Many thanks

Raf
I ordered RWD/Black on 27th February. Was quoting August delivery at the time. The same day it moved to end May - mid June. Earlier this week that changed to 5 May - 2 June, and this evening moved to 22 March - 31 March. So who knows?!

VIN is in source code but Tesla chat couldn't confirm match. Finance application submitted after chat kindly reopened and was approved whilst still on chat. Think there are some slightly cheaper quotes out and about (search forum) but just felt easier to go with Tesla.

Ordered on 18th Feb with original EDD of August which quickly moved to May / June and then last week moved to 18th to 30th March.

Text on Wednesday to say my car is on its way and another text today to choose a delivery day.

29th March at Trafford Centre it is then.

Just have to decide whether or not to take the Tesla trade in offer or sell the car myself and of course start ordering mats and other essential accessories.

Also it is also £51990 now.

Sorry you are wrong, this was today's order, as you see the base price is 51K:

1647027855528.png

A product is a product irrespective if Transport costs. The Tesla's sold in Austria, France, Belgium and Italy also ship from Shanghai and have a longer sea voyage as they are unloaded after Southampton, in Zeebrugee, Belgium yet their base prices are significantly less than Tesla UK's list price
It’s not hugely different but the difference is due to subsidies. The price being paid before taxes and subsidies is pretty much, if not, the same across all countries. Not even sure why this topic is being discussed tbh.

Reactions: JOL1
Update from me guys...

My car was scheduled for delivery at my home address on the 15th of March as it is Leased. I spoke to Craig yesterday and told him as my car is in Birmingham and i live in Northamptonshire, i can pick the car up on the weekend as i don't want the delivery to be postponed for any reason because i have booked scotland holiday for that weekend. Craig said he will speak to the delivery team at Tesla and get back to me.

Today i recieved a call from Craig at Netherlands (Holland number) and said if you want you can pick the car up on this Saturday from Birminghan NEC at 13:30, straightaway i said YES and agreed to collect it myself.

Instead of counting days till the 15th i am now counting hours for tomorrow!

I am super excited guys! - i'll post some videos and photos once i pick it up. If anyone has picked there car from Birmingham NEC any tips will be appreciated. :)

Picking up: Tesla M3 RWD/WhiteBlack/Aero
please send pics tomorrow!!!

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
Ordered on 18th Feb with original EDD of August which quickly moved to May / June and then last week moved to 18th to 30th March.

Text on Wednesday to say my car is on its way and another text today to choose a delivery day.

29th March at Trafford Centre it is then.

Just have to decide whether or not to take the Tesla trade in offer or sell the car myself and of course start ordering mats and other essential accessories.
exciting!!

Sorry you are wrong, this was today's order, as you see the base price is 51K:

View attachment 779561
Base price is £51990 with included Delivery and Registration Fee. It was £49990 the other day that also included the Delivery and Registration Fee - thats with white paint and standard 18” Aero Wheels

I’m assuming your figures @CL65 are not including the Delivery and Registration Fee.

Sorry to say, no, it was 47.5k in March 2021 (I bought one), it was 47.5k in Nov 2021 (I bought one), it was 47.5k in Dec 2021 (I bought two) and it is 51k now. I have now purchase one in USA too as I am moving there. My self, wife and two children all own M3's
You are wrong. The price increased 15/16 November. I, sadly, have an invoice to prove that as I purchased my latest a week after the rise :(

It was reported here at the time:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cantonalegod
So, 24 hours on, still no sign of premium connectivity trial. How do I sign up to it?! I am a company car driver, I really hope that doesn’t affect me getting it
Took mine a few days to become active, collected car last Friday and the phone app didn't work until following Tuesday night. Then I had to re-boot the system for the premium trial to appear (foot on brake hold both buttons on steering wheel, screen will go off, let go and it will restart and for me premium then appeared).

Reactions: JOL1
Two questions for the fabulous forum - 1st - those who have had their cars delivered, when did you get the SMS with tracking? I assuming the morning of delivery? 2nd question - I’ve seen a recent video where the passenger seat on the RWD didn’t have lumbar ?
Can't recall if I even had an sms but can confirm no lumber in either front seat. I read that through their data feedback from the cars software hardly anyone used it so they decided to not bother anymore.

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
I ordered a RWD WHITE and BLACK interior Aero wheels on Feb 7th via lease, no dates as yet, just RN. What did you order?
Exact same but order confirmed 04/03. I was going past my local dealership today so went in to see what the chat was and was pretty much told the best thing is to go via the lease company for updates. I’ve seen others in the thread order at similar times and have delivery dates. I am going to call on Monday and see what Zenith can tell me!

Reactions: platham
Collected my all black RWD Model 3 this morning in Belfast. Busier than I expected, there were 25+ new Model 3/Y being prepared for collection, many not yet washed (though this was in progress on several cars) and a transporter with another 8 on it parked outside on the road with the driver trying hard to find spots to unload the cars into. TA told me they had been open since 8am (my slot was 11am) and so several cars had already gone and that they were expecting more loads next week. My own RWD had 96% charge which was a pleasant surprise. Paintwork, panel gaps, etc. all looked fine. Just home with 84% (took the long way) but have put it on charge to get to 100% as advised anyway. Going to set up the WiFi and phone app now.

View attachment 779097
Nice one! I’m hoping that I’ll be taking a similar photo in Belfast a few weeks from now.