Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might be of interest to other company car lease buyers....

- Ordered 26th Jan via LeaseCo
- RN number 27th Jan, estimated March fulfilment
- No order or anything to show I was waiting in the Tesla Account
- Waited patiently until end of Feb, called Tesla and they said May delivery :(
- Chased again to discover the LeaseCo had requested the May date
- More phone calls, discover the leaseCo batches orders up by ship estimated arrival date
- Got LeaseCo to release the 'hold', Tesla matched with inventory car same day
- VIN + Reg provided over next 48hrs
- Collected today from Portbury!
- They needed Driving Licence
- Car appeared in the mobile app 10 seconds after I accepted the delivery and signed
- I have the RWD and wow, it is quick. If you're coming from a 2 or even 3l diesel BMW you will not be disappointed. Perfectly quick enough!

Attachments

• IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    872.2 KB · Views: 77
This was obviously a mistake on their portal which will be fixed shortly. But what is fact is that the exact same vehicles sold in the USA whether LR or Perf are priced approx £10,000 less expensive than the exact same models in the UK. I just purchased an M3 LR in the UK on 23 Dec and an M3 LR in the USA (as I am moving there) and the one here in the USA cost approx £10,000 less. The reason is that the UK customer is willing to pay for the substantially higher price and all the UK price hikes. The base M3 LR in the UK was £47,500 for the entirety of 2021, Tesla yanked it up 2-days ago by £3,500 to £51,000
One of the biggest reasons for the difference is that UK car prices include 20% VAT but in the US the sales tax is much lower (maybe even 0% - not sure). So the VAT on my M3 RWD was £7,905.83 which makes a big difference. Check your final invoice for the exact VAT amount you paid.

Hi Guys,

So, i came in at Birmingham NEC at 1pm today to pick my Tesla M3. I looked around the car no scratches no dents and its super clean. People are really friendly and nice at check in and it literally took 5 minutes to get to my car.

However, when i checked the battery level it was at 3%, i spoke to the person and he advised we can't let you drive out till it gets some juice inside and we only have dc chargers so it will charge 9 miles per hour and advised to wait couple of hours till i can drive to an supercharger. Nevertheless, he did say go have some coffee and lunch and he will reimburse the expenses to me, but because this is an exhibition centre nothing is opened here not even a cup of coffee. :(

Whilst i am writing this i am currently sitting inside the car and sorting the settings out... - i just want to drive this beast! 😫

Check out the attached photos.

Attachments

• 20220312_140600.jpg
    20220312_140600.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 16470942276483095301976654652888.jpg
    16470942276483095301976654652888.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 47
Anyone else in the WN22 club?

Going to be a long two weeks, especially now I have my charger installed and insurance sorted!

Great time to be joining the Tesla club with fuel costs and even the car costs shooting up. All I need now is my existing car to go up value in the next two weeks but I don’t think I will get that lucky.
Yep. Collection on Wednesday from Bristol.

Just a quick one for those who have done PCH, Tesla sent a SMS update on Thursday morning to tell me to check my finance docs that would be on my account later that day. Still not appeared. Is this normal, collecting the car on Tuesday?
Doing a Tesla loan and had the same type of SMS yesterday, collecting mine on Wednesday but no finance docs in my account either.

Back home after pickup this morning at Bluewater. It drives better than I remembered!

View attachment 779814

The paint is a right mess though. Looks like it's been cleaned with a pan scourer! :mad:
Mine got delivered on Thursday and mines in black so shows the swirls and there are some quite bad ones to be honest so put I through as a service on the app and had this back from Tesla the same day!!!

Service so far seems pretty good

82F13F73-4935-4801-8A8E-67645C74B42D.png

Hi Guys,

So, i came in at Birmingham NEC at 1pm today to pick my Tesla M3. I looked around the car no scratches no dents and its super clean. People are really friendly and nice at check in and it literally took 5 minutes to get to my car.

However, when i checked the battery level it was at 3%, i spoke to the person and he advised we can't let you drive out till it gets some juice inside and we only have dc chargers so it will charge 9 miles per hour and advised to wait couple of hours till i can drive to an supercharger. Nevertheless, he did say go have some coffee and lunch and he will reimburse the expenses to me, but because this is an exhibition centre nothing is opened here not even a cup of coffee. :(

Whilst i am writing this i am currently sitting inside the car and sorting the settings out... - i just want to drive this beast! 😫

After seeing (and owning) so many MSM model 3's by god can I appreciate a nice and clean pearl white coating :D

• Funny
Reactions: JanF1 and Snowy77
Anyone else in the WN22 club?

Going to be a long two weeks, especially now I have my charger installed and insurance sorted!

Great time to be joining the Tesla club with fuel costs and even the car costs shooting up. All I need now is my existing car to go up value in the next two weeks but I don’t think I will get that lucky.
Yep, WN22 collected from Bristol today.

Mine had 57 miles charge on it - £17.05 at the Gordano Supercharger and I was away (£0.39p/kwh)

Are you keeping your original trim or swapping it? Probably one of the first things I change too send pics when you get it!
Doing an exchange via mobile fitting - will order dash parts when it’s time to go back. Same cost just don’t then need to store them!

Re other question they do a 21/22 version that also includes the door trims.

Will put some pics on a thread when done 👍🏻

Reactions: DanielSon
Hi Guys,

hi mate. are your rear windows laminated ?

We were using the base price (excluding options, delivery, reg fee, etc). So between Oct 21 price went up £1500 and Feb 22 (4-months later) the price went up £1000. That's a total £3500 in 4-months. Assume no one finds that irregular
Bit of a math issue going on there! 😂

You can't buy a car for "the base price" though!

To be clear, since October, the RWD (old SR+) has had 3 separate price increases of £1000.

The LR has had 2 separate price increases, one of £1500, and one of £2000.

The P is still the same price.

Those are the facts! 👍

Reactions: MrT3
Hi Guys,

BK club 👏 Looks fantastic

Just a quick one for those who have done PCH, Tesla sent a SMS update on Thursday morning to tell me to check my finance docs that would be on my account later that day. Still not appeared. Is this normal, collecting the car on Tuesday?
I had similar text with PCP on Wednesday. Nothing had appeared as of 4:30pm yesterday so I rang them. I was told it’s a generic text, documents should be emailed to sign on Monday or Tuesday morning. Collecting car on Tuesday too.