Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You wouldn’t know anyway as it’s for when it’s legal to take your hands off the steering wheel. At the moment it’s not going to be active any customer car.
I was thinking more like if the below features work then the car would have the necessary FSD components :

Listed features for FSD in UK-Tesla site:
  1. All functionality of Basic Autopilot and Enhanced Autopilot
  2. Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control

Hmm just received a text saying my MY is due to be delivered on friday and I'll get an sms with the tracking link once my car has been collected by the carrier - how long after is this sent? Just wondering as its less than 5 miles from my house to Southampton docks (its being delivered because its a fleet car, I'd asked if I could collect and got told nope).

Hmm just received a text saying my MY is due to be delivered on friday and I'll get an sms with the tracking link once my car has been collected by the carrier - how long after is this sent? Just wondering as its less than 5 miles from my house to Southampton docks (its being delivered because its a fleet car, I'd asked if I could collect and got told nope).
Same text too. I don’t know the answer to your question but I wouldn’t rely on it. You’ll just have to be very vigilant since they will be so close. I am guessing that text is a sign it’s passed PDI and been signed off for delivery though, or maybe just that it’s been offloaded from the boat

... I received and have one of these damn vehicles produced after Nov 25, they do have a Lithioum Ion auxiliary battery yes, they have heated wipers yes BUT they are missing not only the Data-enabled USB hub (which for some isn't important) but also missing what Tesla has kept ultra-quiet (if you ask a Tesla Rep they have to tell you the truth), namely, the Steering Wheel Control Unit without which the vehicle can never ever be used in Full Self Driving model (Level 3) which although the firmware is yet to be released and can be a few months to a few years away at the end of the day Tesla have priced the vehicles have this control unit and now they are shipping the vehicles without it and have the audacity to have raised the price twice since removing these two items...
Just curious, but taking the name of the item at face value, vehicles produced after November 25th surely have a Steering Wheel Control Unit, else how is it that autopilot works? Mine seems to be controlling the steering wheel just fine for me on that front. So, either I'm missing something, or someone has been pulling your leg! ;)

Reactions: dilly28
I collected my M3 RWD Black/Black/Aero last week (10th), it had been raining and the car had been washed previously, but poorly as there were several 'dirty' spots, one down the middle of the windscreen/roof where the person obviously had difficulty reaching when washing it. There was no obvious damage or scratches so I am happy. Today was the first real dry day since then so I gave it a hand wash and dry at home. I found a few small streaks of something (sealant/glue?) that looked black (but on black paint, hard to tell) and this resisted washing but came off with a bit of tar remover. Much of this was on the left rear quarterlight glass and adjacent paintwork, so maybe to do with sealing the window? Anyway, the only significant issue is a very small dent just above the charging flap where something must have impacted. Hard to see in the picture but the circle in the reflected cloud near the corner of the panel is it, slight white mark in centre where paint is chipped. I've just reported on Tesla app and booked a slot so we will see how they can fix it. I almost didn't report this as its the only issue, but I know it will annoy me every time I go to charge and notice it.

IMG_0885.jpg

Just curious, but taking the name of the item at face value, vehicles produced after November 25th surely have a Steering Wheel Control Unit, else how is it that autopilot works? Mine seems to be controlling the steering wheel just fine for me on that front. So, either I'm missing something, or someone has been pulling your leg! ;)
Respectfully i think its the former..you are missing something. The component that has been left out is a second "backup" that is used primarily as a safety feature for the Full Self Drive "FSD". It is not needed for Autopilot. The link that was given to the video clip make things a little clearer.

Reactions: CaptainCalm
Right collection Boucher Road Belfast on Wednesday 16th mid day. Driving licence insurance etc ready. Hopefully dry day and I can check things before the long drive home. I have booked it in for window tinting early next week and hopefully will be able to put my personal plates on then too. Bought a Tesla key and a set of centre caps for the wheels. Lots of stuff ordered to arrive in the next few days. Looking forward to getting back to an EV!

Right collection Boucher Road Belfast on Wednesday 16th mid day. Driving licence insurance etc ready. Hopefully dry day and I can check things before the long drive home. I have booked it in for window tinting early next week and hopefully will be able to put my personal plates on then too. Bought a Tesla key and a set of centre caps for the wheels. Lots of stuff ordered to arrive in the next few days. Looking forward to getting back to an EV!
Will see you there maybe 👍 👍

Reactions: Terry F
The Steering Wheel Control Unit does effect anything other than Level-3 FSD which shall be release one day, not sure why you raise Autopilot (AP). It doesn't effect AP nor EAP nor Auto Steer nor sound system nor anything else...

Reactions: CaptainCalm
Totally agree except for one speculative conclusion made. I currently have both an Intel and an AMD CPU fitter Model 3 LR, exact same specs otherwise and the performance of apps I use which are bandwidth-hungry, namely Netflix (films) and Spotify (music) in indicates zero difference in performance or display legginess what so ever. I do notice that the newer vehicle with the newer high voltage battery which supposedly is supposed to have a higher range has less range than the vehicle delivered on 23 Dec 2021
I don't have much experience with the current screen, so can't really comment on it's performance vs the new Rizen chips. But from reading, I've not heard anyone complain about the performance of the old Intel Atom chip. Tesla's have always been praised for the snappy and responsive performance of the screen, so maybe the benefits are small.

Reactions: iorgosg
Mine just slipped from June 19 - July 24 to August 😔
Ordered a M3 LR midnight silver on 5th March, original EDD was November. Then it was moved forward to Jun 11-Jul 09. Today, it's gone back to November 😂 My current car (BMW i3) doesn't finish its PCP until the end of the year, so I'm okay with that. Who am I kidding - November?!😭

Believe it or not, you are actually MUCH better off getting a low mileage 2021 whether demo or used rather than a vehicle produced after Nov 25 going forward which are literally orphans! Please don't take my word for any of the above, do your research and come to your own conclusions. My findings were: The vehicles produced after Nov 25th (referred to as a 2022 model) lack in several areas that for me are quite serious. Tesla management have decided to keep it very much on the down and lo and hush hush. I received and have one of these damn vehicles produced after Nov 25, they do have a Lithioum Ion auxiliary battery yes, they have heated wipers yes BUT they are missing not only the Data-enabled USB hub (which for some isn't important) but also missing what Tesla has kept ultra-quiet (if you ask a Tesla Rep they have to tell you the truth), namely, the Steering Wheel Control Unit without which the vehicle can never ever be used in Full Self Driving model (Level 3) which although the firmware is yet to be released and can be a few months to a few years away at the end of the day Tesla have priced the vehicles have this control unit and now they are shipping the vehicles without it and have the audacity to have raised the price twice since removing these two items. If that wasn't enough, the High Voltage battery E5LD coming with productions after 25 Nov 2021 (previous E5D and E5CD) which were replaced due to shortage although provide a higher estimated WLTP Range by approx 3.9% (on the M3 LR equating to WLTP 14miles and real miles of 7miles) but due to the compatibility with the new electric motors, the acceleration is reduced! When you add to the mix the fact that the AMD Ryzen (which does not have an onboard GPU) which are now used as replacement for the Intel Atom CPU (which has an onboard GPU), the minuscule extra range is overshadowed by the power-hungry AMD Ryzen's external GPU. Reading below article from CNBC and watching below video may help making your own decision:

This guy is just trying to keep his resale value on his old model 😂😂😂