Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe there was a time they did ship with one and recently they stopped this. You just need a USB stick around the 128GB mark or higher ideally so you don't need to offload it too often. I think you need to format it for the car but I don't remember what the partition is that it needs. Maybe just order one from amazon or try one you have at home already and see if it works as it is.
I collected yesterday from Glasgow & USB stick was plugged into the port in glovebox. The 3 showroom cars they had all them in bags on bottom of glovebox under some paperwork.
Dunno if that helps?

Delivery Day!

Except it isn't!

So everything was going so well, set delivery for today at Bristol at 1200.

1/2 hour before setting out I get an email from company called Smartsign, they run the e-signature thing for Tesla finance.

"We have experienced an error with the signature..." (which was done 2 days previously)

I emailed back, heard nothing, set off for Bristol which is an hour down the M5. Vile weather, fog, teeming down.

Get to the delivery carpark. Wait. Tesla lad confers with Megane, there's a problem with the contract, we're chasing it.

2 hours later, a new contract has to be sent from Amsterdam. Not happening today.

So I've seen the car, sat in the car, checked it over as much as I can in the rain.

Can't take it away.

Megane says they will sort it this afternoon and I can pick up tomorrow, we'll see. Megane did her best, not her fault.

Another hour home in the muck.

The whole Tesla buying experience is weird, this is just a bit more weirdness. I can't say I've enjoyed any of it, I hope the car makes it worthwhile.

Delivery Day!

Except it isn't!

1/2 hour before setting out I get an email from company called Smartsign, they run the e-signature thing for Tesla finance.

"We have experienced an error with the signature..." (which was done 2 days previously)

I emailed back, heard nothing, set off for Bristol which is an hour down the M5. Vile weather, fog, teeming down.

Get to the delivery carpark. Wait. Tesla lad confers with Megane, there's a problem with the contract, we're chasing it.

2 hours later, a new contract has to be sent from Amsterdam. Not happening today.

So I've seen the car, sat in the car, checked it over as much as I can in the rain.

Can't take it away.

Megane says they will sort it this afternoon and I can pick up tomorrow, we'll see. Megane did her best, not her fault.

The whole Tesla buying experience is weird, this is just a bit more weirdness. I can't say I've enjoyed any of it, I hope the car makes it worthwhile.
Ahhh man, I'm so sorry to hear that, at least you have seen your car, sat in it, and had a play (and checked it all over). Tomorrow should be an instant arrive / sign / drive!

I am gutted they had to cause such disruption by such a strange issue. Even a hand written note on a napkin is legally binding if all parties happily sign it--- so not sure why this couldn't have been used in lieu of the system being brought online tomorrow as a one off, and you simply do it electronically from home..

Oh well.... 'tis the Tesla way.

EDIT: Sorry might have misread the issue.. I guess if there's an issue with the contract itself... bah. Still. What an odd thing to happen on day of collection.

Delivery Day!

Except it isn't!

Can't take it away.

I had a 10am collection at Bristol today, arrive and my car wasn't there....

Quick panic and then it arrived being driven through the gates, it arrived apparently in the middle of the night in Bristol.

They do leave things a little last minute, I only signed my Tesla Loan agreement as 11am yesterday via SmartSign.

Checked the car the best I could, small chip on the wooden trim so logged that but appart from that I have been smiling evertime I put my foot down!

It will be worth the wait.

Successful collection from Manchester today. Think it took less than 5 minutes to have the keys and be checking the car.

Had 80% which was good because I had to get back past Leeds .

Panel gaps all look good, no other paint issues I can see but it's raining now anyway.

Car is lovely. Think the usb stick is already plugged in because it says it's saving stuff from the dash cam. Not actually looked in the glovebox yet though

20220316_122334~2.jpg

All well and home safely in Eusian Volt. Belfast Tesla Very busy today but got some work done while waiting for the car to be cleaned. 86% charge and home with over 40 so that can’t be bad. Shout out to Taylor who was great and so calm and helpful. All the chat among customers was rising prices of Teslas and the impact on the second hand market. Looking forward now to a 100% charge and getting to grips with the technology. Parked beside my Peugeot 107 that I have been driving for the past couple of months.
6C9E598E-6A54-44E1-91C5-F29A31BA5879.jpeg

Ahhh man, I'm so sorry to hear that, at least you have seen your car, sat in it, and had a play (and checked it all over). Tomorrow should be an instant arrive / sign / drive!

I am gutted they had to cause such disruption by such a strange issue. Even a hand written note on a napkin is legally binding if all parties happily sign it--- so not sure why this couldn't have been used in lieu of the system being brought online tomorrow as a one off, and you simply do it electronically from home..

EDIT: Sorry might have misread the issue.. I guess if there's an issue with the contract itself... bah. Still. What an odd thing to happen on day of collection.
I can't tell you how dispiriting it was to drive back through the rain without collecting the car... The foul-up was in the electronic signature, for some reason it produced an error, which they failed to notice until I was about to leave to collect... their email said they would re-send 'shortley...' (sic) but they didn't. I waited 2 hours at Bristol. Megane did her best, but for reasons unknown they couldn't just send another e-signature, they have to re-submit the contract, which is only available from Holland.

It seems to me the Tesla system is pretty slick until something goes wrong, then it's a house of cards.

I hope they get their act together tomorrow, that's the last day I can collect before I go on holiday...

Home in one piece. Detailing wasn't great, but didn't find any fundamental issues with build quality, etc. Staff at Tesla Belfast, very friendly and helpful. All went very smoothly, no issues with trade in (barely looked at it).
The advisor told me they were handing over 15 cars today. Car park was rammed.

Holy hell, the power of this car... don't think it'll ever get old!

My dad, who came with me for the spin has gone home to put a deposit down for a Model Y 🙈

Attachments

• IMG_20220316_161218.jpg
    IMG_20220316_161218.jpg
    773.4 KB · Views: 64

love snowy's positivity!!

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77 and SG22
I can't tell you how dispiriting it was to drive back through the rain without collecting the car... The foul-up was in the electronic signature, for some reason it produced an error, which they failed to notice until I was about to leave to collect... their email said they would re-send 'shortley...' (sic) but they didn't. I waited 2 hours at Bristol. Megane did her best, but for reasons unknown they couldn't just send another e-signature, they have to re-submit the contract, which is only available from Holland.

It seems to me the Tesla system is pretty slick until something goes wrong, then it's a house of cards.

I hope they get their act together tomorrow, that's the last day I can collect before I go on holiday...
We're all rooting for you sir. Good luck for tomorrow 🍻

All well and home safely in Eusian Volt. Belfast Tesla Very busy today but got some work done while waiting for the car to be cleaned. 86% charge and home with over 40 so that can’t be bad. Shout out to Taylor who was great and so calm and helpful. All the chat among customers was rising prices of Teslas and the impact on the second hand market. Looking forward now to a 100% charge and getting to grips with the technology. Parked beside my Peugeot 107 that I have been driving for the past couple of months.View attachment 781645
Black/Black/Aero just like mine - love it 😍 I love the way the black trim and dark wheels tone in.

The only small drawback I have found is that unlike my wife's BMW X3, the door handles don't light up, so finding them in the dark can be a bit hit and miss on the black car.

P.S. Just got the name - LOL 😂😂😂

• Funny
Reactions: Snowy77
Black/Black/Aero just like mine - love it 😍 I love the way the black trim and dark wheels tone in.

The only small drawback I have found is that unlike my wife's BMW X3, the door handles don't light up, so finding them in the dark can be a bit hit and miss on the black car.

P.S. Just got the name - LOL 😂😂😂
Ha. My 15 year old Peugeot 107 is black and doesn’t light up either! My wife’s BMW X2 lights up inside and out. Good job summer coming.

I went to see the PPF fitters today at Invisifilm in Cheadle to discuss having the car done when I collect it on the 29th. Just have to decide whether to have the front, sills and rear arches done or the full car.

Has anyone any experience of having a full car done and also using Invisifilm?

Reactions: platham