Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to see the PPF fitters today at Invisifilm in Cheadle to discuss having the car done when I collect it on the 29th. Just have to decide whether to have the front, sills and rear arches done or the full car.

Has anyone any experience of having a full car done and also using Invisifilm?

I decided PPF wasn’t worth it due to impact on insurance, lots of companies won’t insure you with PPF or huge increase so make sure you’ve checked this out too

Reactions: Freds Dad
I went to see the PPF fitters today at Invisifilm in Cheadle to discuss having the car done when I collect it on the 29th. Just have to decide whether to have the front, sills and rear arches done or the full car.

Has anyone any experience of having a full car done and also using Invisifilm?
I don't have any experience, but was considering doing PPF on my M3 front. Had few quotes and best one was from Assetti in Cheshire Oaks. All in all PPF is not cheap and if you looking at getting high quality finish and good material which will not yellow after 2-3 years then you looking at paying quite a lot. Assetti using XPEL film which is high quality and seen loads of videos on YouTube (mostly US based businesses doing Teslas) with high praise for finish and quality.
However price is putting me off at the moment but will love to have it done. Prices I was quoted for M3 were £1195 for full front, £1695 extended front which includes roof, A pillars and side skirts and for full PPF coverage which includes all painted areas £3600.
I'm very likely going to do only front because that's where most natural damage is done by stone chipping etc. But at the moment just want to wait for a bit and see how all increases on energy etc will affect our budget.

I decided PPF wasn’t worth it due to impact on insurance, lots of companies won’t insure you with PPF or huge increase so make sure you’ve checked this out too
See, that is one thing I don't understand with insurances. If you have PPF you are more likely going to protect your car from any small scratches etc. In other way if you are wishing to spend £1000s on protecting paint on your car naturally you want to cherish and preserve your car so therefore lower risk for insurance. So why they would want to charge you more? Only reason I would see is that in case of accident they might want to replace PPF on damaged panels and therefore higher premium just in case. But I guess they could easily go around it by saying, you can have PPF done and your premium stays the same, but in case of accident we will not cover replacement of PPF and it will be your responsibility.

Anyone has experience with trading car to Tesla and whole process? I have decided to trade my current car Skoda with Tesla and when I had quote 2 weeks ago I have submitted car mileage as 7200. Since then I did 300 miles and I'm collecting car on 29th (13 days to go or 12 days till Tesla Eve 😂)so very likely will add another 200-300miles. Will Tesla be accepting my car with more mileage for same quoted price or is there chance that they might drop my final price down a bit? Maybe I'm just overthinking it a bit and I guess Tesla is not expecting me stop driving my car for a month to stick to same mileage as quoted at the time.

I would have thought transparent film would not be an issue. In fact I would not even think it would need to be declared unless someone wanted the insurance company to replace the PPF if it got damaged. I expect most would be happy to pay for the replacement PPF themselves. I suspect car insurance companies are treating it as a vinyl wrap as they don’t have a PPF category at which point the computer is going to say no or lots of money please.

Plus what happens when people fit the Tesla PPF pieces they provide?

Last edited:
Last week with 52k vs 50k for an LR, you were basically getting a 2k discount on EAP. This week with the discounts on the new 55k base price, you'd have to be batshit crazy to switch to an ex-demo if you have an existing order

Except the Demo is a complete vehicle with no bits and pieces missing as they were manufactured prior to Global Shortage. With these new productions, one never knows what else is missing other than items leaked to date also even the parts present in the vehicle may be of a lower grade substitute for the original part utilised prior to the global shortage. On top of that Tesla had increased the price within a matter of 2 months. The exact same vehicle i took delivery of on Dec 23rd is being sold today with a 7,000-pound increase! That is already truly amazing and crazy and then factor in the fact that it is for an incomplete vehicle too!!

Anyone has experience with trading car to Tesla and whole process? I have decided to trade my current car Skoda with Tesla and when I had quote 2 weeks ago I have submitted car mileage as 7200. Since then I did 300 miles and I'm collecting car on 29th (13 days to go or 12 days till Tesla Eve 😂)so very likely will add another 200-300miles. Will Tesla be accepting my car with more mileage for same quoted price or is there chance that they might drop my final price down a bit? Maybe I'm just overthinking it a bit and I guess Tesla is not expecting me stop driving my car for a month to stick to same mileage as quoted at the time.
Doubt they'll even bother to check, when I collected mine they didn't even go and look at my trade in car, I just handed over the keys and log book. I checked on my BMW app a day later and it hadn't even been unlocked since I parked it and it wasn't unlocked for 5 days afterwards. I'd already paid the balance before collection so mileage or trade in value wasn't even mentioned.

Reactions: JanF1
Guys, I still need to pay the deposit for the car. I have delivery schedule on 29th March. But I have not had anything from Tesla, in regards to when and where to pay. Any ideas?
Same here but mine is 25th march. I contacted them via chat. They first said I had to send a document to Tesla finance but then confirmed that actually it was their fault and they just hadn’t progressed it to the next step. They did it there and then and I now see option to wire in my account.

See, that is one thing I don't understand with insurances. If you have PPF you are more likely going to protect your car from any small scratches etc. In other way if you are wishing to spend £1000s on protecting paint on your car naturally you want to cherish and preserve your car so therefore lower risk for insurance. So why they would want to charge you more? Only reason I would see is that in case of accident they might want to replace PPF on damaged panels and therefore higher premium just in case. But I guess they could easily go around it by saying, you can have PPF done and your premium stays the same, but in case of accident we will not cover replacement of PPF and it will be your responsibility.

I agree but it’s a modification and insurance companies are far from rational

Doubt they'll even bother to check, when I collected mine they didn't even go and look at my trade in car, I just handed over the keys and log book. I checked on my BMW app a day later and it hadn't even been unlocked since I parked it and it wasn't unlocked for 5 days afterwards. I'd already paid the balance before collection so mileage or trade in value wasn't even mentioned.
Check the T&Cs of the TradeIn in your account. I interpret you can do 1,200miles. But take a look at the doc….it’s attached to your trade in

Reactions: JanF1
Except the Demo is a complete vehicle with no bits and pieces missing as they were manufactured prior to Global Shortage. With these new productions, one never knows what else is missing other than items leaked to date also even the parts present in the vehicle may be of a lower grade substitute for the original part utilised prior to the global shortage. On top of that Tesla had increased the price within a matter of 2 months. The exact same vehicle i took delivery of on Dec 23rd is being sold today with a 7,000-pound increase! That is already truly amazing and crazy and then factor in the fact that it is for an incomplete vehicle too!!
Aren't there two main things at play here?

1. A semi-conductor shortage (chips) caused by surging demand and factory closures. This has affected all industries, not just car manufacturers. It seems everything needs a chip nowadays as the world goes super-digital and connected, from toasters to washing machines. Covid massively increased demand for digital devices as we worked from home, while also introducing logistical problems.

As the car industry undergoes its shift from petrol to electric, multiple chips are needed for each car. This could explain why Tesla (reportedly) made the decision to remove a redundant part, because it was consuming chip resources that were not needed until FSD becomes viable. It may mean we could see more car makers re-evaluate just how many chips they are using. I had my eye on the Nissan Ariya before deciding to buy a Tesla, but delays of over a year has probably meant they have lost of a lot of sales.

2. Raw material shortage - companies likes Tesla rely heavily on Russia for metals like aluminium (paint) and nickel (batteries). Now they are having to find new supply chains as businesses cut ties with Russia, often at much more expensive prices. These prices are being passed onto the consumer.

Rising fuel prices are compounding the issue, causing many to consider the move from petrol to electric vehicle. Then we have the typical supply-demand problem, which 101 economics tells us only one thing will happen - more price rises. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw many more price hikes from Tesla.

One thing is for sure, the cost of living is getting out of control now.

• Informative
Reactions: JanF1 and milesr3
Glovis Symphony is almost in Southampton Docks! One more hour of her journey and some of our cars will be on home soil!! So exciting! Been following the ship obsessively for the last week! Just seen that Snowy has been following her since the beginning! Congrats to whoever else has their car onboard, the countdown starts now! It’s coming home!! 😂
Still not quite there! I think my MY is on there. Collection from Newcastle on Wednesday