Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, thanks for the heads up guys!
Looks like some movement on my account as well. Changed from an ambigious May 7 - June 30 to:

1647621637761.png

Now that's more specific and exciting! So that points exacly to a first week May delivery. Now we're talking! That means around two weeks time THAT BOAT will set off from Shanghai, and finally, maybe, just maybe... our numbers will finally come up.

Time then to jump over to the SHIPPING thread from Mr Miserable to track it to Southampton 🍻 Fabulous!

I picked up my MSM M3 RWD last Saturday from Glasgow and the collection process was very smooth. My wife and I checked over the car and all was great.
Front Left.PNG

Back Right.PNG

We were and still are over the moon, however, we have had a couple of issues with the car. The first one is one that we only just noticed today, but it is visible on the above photo that was taken a few hours after collection. Basically, when we were checking for dents and scratches, we focused on parts of the car most likely to have damage but somehow missed anything up high. Sadly, it turns out our car has a dent! 😢

InkedBack Right_LI.jpg

Here is a close up picture that I took today
InkedDent_LI.jpg

I notified Tesla a couple of hours ago to say that I have photo evidence that the dent was there on collection day. Hopefully, even though I have only just told them, they'll fix it given the evidence.

The second issue is that we lost LTE a couple of days ago and then a message popped up saying that there is a problem with the eSim and we need to book it in for service, so that's what I did. I was swiftly contacted by a service engineer who said this is very common in the first few hundred miles of the car's life and is to do with adjusting to the new country location after the car has been delivered (e.g. service providers in the country). It is now fixed, but I'll leave instructions here as to how to fix it just in case any of you face the same issue. Basically, to fix it try one of two things (or both if one doesn't work):

1. Turn off Sentry mode and do a soft reset (press and hold both buttons on the steering wheel). Leave the car for a few hours to sleep and do not use the app - somehow this can fix the problem (the service engineer did explain how it fixes it, but I've forgotten what he said). Apparently, leaving Sentry mode on keeps the CAN network alive and therefore the problem won't fix with Sentry mode on.

2. Change the language from English to Dutch, let it reboot and then change it back. This one made me laugh, but apparently, there is sound reasoning behind it. I'm poorly paraphrasing (and probably misrepresenting) what the engineer said, but it is something like changing the language puts out a request on the CAN network to restart the location module (that I guess holds or controls the eSim).

Sure enough, the above instructions fixed the issue for me.

Something I have to say here is that I'm really impressed with Tesla's Service department. They were very efficient, friendly and (as anyone would hope) very knowledgeable. I really got the impression that they'll go the extra mile to do what they can to fix issues as quickly as possible.

Well, thanks for the heads up guys!
Looks like some movement on my account as well. Changed from an ambigious May 7 - June 30 to:

View attachment 782572

Now that's more specific and exciting! So that points exacly to a first week May delivery. Now we're talking! That means around two weeks time THAT BOAT will set off from Shanghai, and finally, maybe, just maybe... our numbers will finally come up.

Time then to jump over to the SHIPPING thread from Mr Miserable to track it to Southampton 🍻 Fabulous!
I'm the same as you... So could potentially bump into eachother at Bluewater when it's pickup time!

I got an initial text back saying that the car shouldn’t have heated wheel and rears, so I pushed back and asked why others with the same spec delivered this year have them? It’s now being looked into and I’m waiting to hear back again.

Could be that you’ll also need to contact them @Rgascoigne71
You don’t even need to mention others, it’s officially listed as part of the spec on their own website.

Reactions: Snowy77
I ordered my M3AWD Long Range on Feb 11, initially EDD was August but it quickly changed to late March. I suspect because I had to put plates on retention it caused a delay as my EDD has now slipped to May 9 - Jun 6.

This afternoon the identical car to my order appeared on inventory, in Southampton but that wasn't a problem for me, whooppee.

I asked on chat if this could be allocated to me but apparently that is impossible unless I pay the £5k more as the price has increased! It seemed to me that matching the accepted order at the agreed price now rather than delaying would not disadvantage anyone and would help me a lot but apparently there is no way round their problem. Has anyone come across this before? Doesn't seem to make sense to me but it appears it isn't how the system works! Frustrating, I would have hoped someone would have seen my order in the system and matched it to this surplus car...

I can hear violins :)
Could you ask them to deactivate the auto pilot? I’m guessing that’s the full self drive that’s on it? Or did you order that as an option? Seems a bit unfair I know others have managed to do this on the past, but maybe not when there has been a price rise.

Could you ask them to deactivate the auto pilot? I’m guessing that’s the full self drive that’s on it? Or did you order that as an option? Seems a bit unfair I know others have managed to do this on the past, but maybe not when there has been a price rise.
Yeah it does seem very bizarre that right now there is :

1647632352353.png

Exact match to me, and on my doorstep, and yet, I cannot be transferred.

Apparently it has to do with the new price increase 🤔🤨 Makes no sense to me, unless it a Q1 reporting thing. Even still, I could easily be matched and it's one more sent and collected car for them :D

I have mentally prepared for May now. Anything else would be a bonus :)

I shrug, still confused!

Reactions: DanielSon
Yeah it does seem very bizarre that right now there is :

View attachment 782622

Exact match to me, and on my doorstep, and yet, I cannot be transferred.

Apparently it has to do with the new price increase 🤔🤨 Makes no sense to me, unless it a Q1 reporting thing. Even still, I could easily be matched and it's one more sent and collected car for them :D

I have mentally prepared for May now. Anything else would be a bonus :)

I shrug, still confused!
Do you have a tesla service centre near you? Maybe go have a word with them. As you say it’s a sale for them and they would get another sale before the financial year ends. I’d have thought they would have gone for that. Seems daft mate.

Hope you get sorted. If it’s any help I am waiting for an RWD white , black interior and aero wheels. My centre in Stockport said to keep an eye out on inventory and they would allocate a car should a match come up. Seems from what you have been told this ain’t the case though.

Keep on at them.

Reactions: Snowy77
What’s peoples experiences with lease cars, from the likes of Lex or Zen, and Premium connectivity?

There seems to be so many conflicting reports online of it being free for the duration or simply not possible to get after the 30 days.

Can anyone give their experience?

Do you have a tesla service centre near you? Maybe go have a word with them. As you say it’s a sale for them and they would get another sale before the financial year ends. I’d have thought they would have gone for that. Seems daft mate.

Hope you get sorted. If it’s any help I am waiting for an RWD white , black interior and aero wheels. My centre in Stockport said to keep an eye out on inventory and they would allocate a car should a match come up. Seems from what you have been told this ain’t the case though.

Keep on at them.
Have to fork out the difference and it's a done deal. Just not worth it for 6 weeks. Oh well.

🤷‍♂️

I picked up my MSM M3 RWD last Saturday from Glasgow and the collection process was very smooth. My wife and I checked over the car and all was great.View attachment 782511

View attachment 782512

We were and still are over the moon, however, we have had a couple of issues with the car. The first one is one that we only just noticed today, but it is visible on the above photo that was taken a few hours after collection. Basically, when we were checking for dents and scratches, we focused on parts of the car most likely to have damage but somehow missed anything up high. Sadly, it turns out our car has a dent! 😢

View attachment 782531

Here is a close up picture that I took today
View attachment 782533

I notified Tesla a couple of hours ago to say that I have photo evidence that the dent was there on collection day. Hopefully, even though I have only just told them, they'll fix it given the evidence.

The second issue is that we lost LTE a couple of days ago and then a message popped up saying that there is a problem with the eSim and we need to book it in for service, so that's what I did. I was swiftly contacted by a service engineer who said this is very common in the first few hundred miles of the car's life and is to do with adjusting to the new country location after the car has been delivered (e.g. service providers in the country). It is now fixed, but I'll leave instructions here as to how to fix it just in case any of you face the same issue. Basically, to fix it try one of two things (or both if one doesn't work):

1. Turn off Sentry mode and do a soft reset (press and hold both buttons on the steering wheel). Leave the car for a few hours to sleep and do not use the app - somehow this can fix the problem (the service engineer did explain how it fixes it, but I've forgotten what he said). Apparently, leaving Sentry mode on keeps the CAN network alive and therefore the problem won't fix with Sentry mode on.

2. Change the language from English to Dutch, let it reboot and then change it back. This one made me laugh, but apparently, there is sound reasoning behind it. I'm poorly paraphrasing (and probably misrepresenting) what the engineer said, but it is something like changing the language puts out a request on the CAN network to restart the location module (that I guess holds or controls the eSim).

Sure enough, the above instructions fixed the issue for me.

Something I have to say here is that I'm really impressed with Tesla's Service department. They were very efficient, friendly and (as anyone would hope) very knowledgeable. I really got the impression that they'll go the extra mile to do what they can to fix issues as quickly as possible.
Congrats on your pickup! Sorry to hear of the dent.. How did you contact services, did you just reported it on the app or did you call? How's panel gap on the rear boot area as this seems to be a common issue.

Reactions: CaptainCalm