Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that was super smooth! Salty all ok can’t see any faults/marks etc. I was so excited that I forgot how to do the steering wheel about a billion times 🤦🏼‍♀️ But now charging happily at Hopwood. It was on 44%. Car already on app.
Supposed to collect at 1330… collected 1030 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣View attachment 784757
Nice one!! 3 hours early to lol

Awesome pics, its great to hear a non issue collection :)

Well that was super smooth! Salty all ok can’t see any faults/marks etc. I was so excited that I forgot how to do the steering wheel about a billion times 🤦🏼‍♀️ But now charging happily at Hopwood. It was on 44%. Car already on app.
Supposed to collect at 1330… collected 1030 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣View attachment 784757
Exact same spec as mine. I am loving these white on white combos. Congrats.

Reactions: JanF1 and SaltyMod3
Wowwww 😍😍😍😍😍 soooo nice!! Thanks for sharing! That’s great they let you come along so early! Did you just turn up early or did you pre warn them? Would love to collect mine earlier so I can avoid traffic back home
I dropped the Fiat 500 (!) off and walked over to Hall 16, just went in said please can I have my Tesla abs five mins later we were getting acquainted!

Reactions: JOL1 and dilly28
Not sure what usually determines the delay, but I picked up our M3 last week (Business Lease through ALD) and while signing I asked how long it would take to appear in the app. They said it should be instant, so I took out my phone and put it on the counter in the showroom.

As the Tesla sales person pushed the button to confirm delivery, it appeared in the app instantly.

Reactions: dilly28
How come you got to collect? I was always told, as a lease customer, that it was delivery and no other option.

It’s probably the delay with the paperwork making it’s way back to be processed which is why deliveries end up taking a while for lease cars to appear in the app.

I don't know, but it could have been down to sequencing... I ordered on Tesla.com and paid the £100 deposit, then once I had a delivery appointment, I finalised the paperwork with ALD.

So maybe it came down to the fact that my delivery appointment was already set?

How come you got to collect? I was always told, as a lease customer, that it was delivery and no other option.

It’s probably the delay with the paperwork making it’s way back to be processed which is why deliveries end up taking a while for lease cars to appear in the app.
I am collecting mine on Friday, and I am also a lease. I prefer that, so am happy

Reactions: SaltyMod3
Just received the below email - Conditional Sale agreement from Tesla. My pickup is soon.

Is this what you sign to accept the delivery or is there something else to sign when I physically pick up the car?

Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 16.56.45.png

Premium connectivity is instantly operational for all cars because the first month is free. Make sure you have the app installed and ready to go. They make sure you have connected before you leave with the car.
Picked mine up on a Friday app was installed and ready to go but it didn't become active until the following Tuesday and premium connectivity and Spotify a few days after that (and I had to re-boot the system to get them working by putting my foot on brake hold down both buttons on the steering wheel, the screen goes off then Tesla logo appears and it re-starts). I spoke to local Tesla dealer and they said its quite normal, some work straight away so can take up to a week and may require a re-boot.

What a fun day yesterday was... 9:30 collection was a good time, no one there at the time and was already a queue for the reception desk by the time I left!

Guy at the reception desk handed over the keys after I gave him my 2 for the trade in, and said "go find your car, the hazards are flashing". Then decided to honk the horn just as we walked up to it for a little scare 😂

Car had 26% charge so topped up to 40% at the supercharger right there to get me home. He handed the car over in the app once he saw me charging, so didn't get a free charge 😜
Headed to the outdoor car park at Bluewater to get a proper look at everything and found a few issues:

1. Panel misalignment above the rear passenger window, not horrendous but definitely bigger than the other side!
2. Some scratches on the front bumper just under the headlight along with a small chip. Scratches look like a belt that was strapped across or something...
3. Headlight dipped beam doesn't seem right at all. It's quite high and projects a blocky pattern out onto walls, high enough to light up the roofs of houses in the distance!
4. Swirls and dirt galore! Even got some of that Sahara sand on it. Really wish they just didn't bother "washing" it before handing it over. Luckily a hand wash and a little polish took most of the swirls out. It's not perfect but you'll only notice if you're looking for it now, where before it was immediately obvious.

Service appointment booked for the first 3 issues, heading to Park Royal on the 7th.

None of them are deal breaking issues though, they'll get sorted, and all that aside it's an incredible car! The instant torque and power will never get old, would love to try the performance model.

Attachments

• PXL_20220322_162327220.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20220322_162327220.MP~2.jpg
    755.8 KB · Views: 45
  • PXL_20220322_163952239.jpg
    PXL_20220322_163952239.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 46
  • PXL_20220322_174749298~2.jpg
    PXL_20220322_174749298~2.jpg
    659.1 KB · Views: 51
  • PXL_20220322_091424301.jpg
    PXL_20220322_091424301.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 55
1. Panel misalignment above the rear passenger window, not horrendous but definitely bigger than the other side!
If you look at the alignment of the top of the panels against the glass behind, you'll see it's actually perfectly aligned. For whatever reason, the panel gaps to the rear wings are asymmetric. Mine is the same.