Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got delivery of my M3 on Friday, beautiful car to drive. Couldn’t have been given more of a half arsed clean if they tried. Had it cleaned and inspected the paint work, was not pleased with what I found.
@all - Is it worth getting a hand car wash (at a decent shop) and then inspecting + booking a service if really bad quality issues found?
still under 100 mile and 7 days

or a microfiber and water (but no expert at that)

Successful trip to Brighton today! Charging and parking was free all day! So I technically only paid for one of the legs! Sooo many chargers there it’s crazy. Very lucky :) Pulled straight up and charged this morning. Energy consumption not as good as the other day but still not bad… @Snowy77 i know you wondered about this!
345BFECC-2280-439F-9AD7-A08C880DBB73.jpeg
F18AFCDD-9969-4AF7-AC9E-75163E988220.jpeg
1D03931A-38F1-468D-A9FD-07E644AEDCC4.jpeg
BAC2A98E-4514-40D8-BEB9-0E28BC290597.jpeg

Picked up on Saturday from Southampton and - as others have posted - was disappointed at the general condition of the exterior.

The car itself drives fine with the exception of having the TPMS and Brake lights flashing on and off for about 20 minutes during a short trip to the shops several hours after picking it up... hasn't happened since but still logged it.

There was also scratches on pretty much every panel, some physical 'scuffs' which will need repainting and some poor repairs on interior seat scratches which I'm not sure how they'll address without replacing the whole assembly. Oh and some pretty bad installation scratches around the door tread plates and possible delimitation of the read taillight.

I explained all these to the guys at the handover centre but got the default, "...nothing we can do. log on the app and book it in to be sorted...". A little worried that I've done it this evening when the car has tipped 102 miles and just seen a post above about 100 mile and 7 days... we were told as long as it was within 48 hours so see what they say.

ALSO... I can't charge using the provided cable at home! I've borrowed a friends Type 2 charger from his Mercedes EQC and it works fine on the home EVCS but will not charge with the Tesla cable that came with the car! Anyone else had something similar? It's a ROLEC Wallpod for reference.

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
@dilly28 where did you park? I’ve been down to Brighton several times now and we usually park on one of the roads heading down to the seafront around midway between brighton and hove, then walk along the seafront. We hate parking in the car parks in the centre.

Didn’t think about chargers - we can get there and back without charging, but if the location is good I’d be up for free parking and charging!

Successful trip to Brighton today! Charging and parking was free all day! So I technically only paid for one of the legs! Sooo many chargers there it’s crazy. Very lucky :) Pulled straight up and charged this morning. Energy consumption not as good as the other day but still not bad… @Snowy77 i know you wondered about this!
Where was that you parked and charged for free? I had a look on zap map and it seems there are loads in Brighton - maybe too much choice!

A little more digging on the Shanghai closure. Some suggestions that the closure is at least 1 day. Also the factory is 40 miles away so likely to not be closed for long. It may only impact parts they do not have in stock which may explain why some people’s date ranges have changed and others haven’t.
Seems over simplistic analysis. A lock down is a lock down ...surely its the duration that is the critical factor

@dilly28 where did you park? I’ve been down to Brighton several times now and we usually park on one of the roads heading down to the seafront around midway between brighton and hove, then walk along the seafront. We hate parking in the car parks in the centre.

Didn’t think about chargers - we can get there and back without charging, but if the location is good I’d be up for free parking and charging!
These are just some of the sites:

I would use Zap-Map too though. So many right by the sea front. The one I used was basically on the sea front but down toward the marina. I could have easily made it there and back without charging but I’d rather take a charge and free parking!! Everywhere else you have to pay to park…

Reactions: Snowy77 and Mrklaw
Where was that you parked and charged for free? I had a look on zap map and it seems there are loads in Brighton - maybe too much choice!
Just replied to someone else on this, check this link and also use zap map! I parked around kemptown/marina.

Reactions: Snowy77
Successful trip to Brighton today! Charging and parking was free all day! So I technically only paid for one of the legs! Sooo many chargers there it’s crazy. Very lucky :) Pulled straight up and charged this morning. Energy consumption not as good as the other day but still not bad… @Snowy77 i know you wondered about this!View attachment 786720View attachment 786723View attachment 786725View attachment 786726
Ah that's awesome, we love Brighton. Parking is ALWAYS an absolute ass down there. Really free charging, and free parking... OK I might just be tempted to roll down ther myself to !! :cool:😃