Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm everything about the TC staff.
My car had a couple of very small marks that were promptly removed by the valeting team. The car looks great and all the panel gaps are perfect.

The only problem now is that I’ve dropped it off to have PPF fitted and won’t get it back until Thursday evening but seeing I’ve waited several weeks so another couple of days won’t make any difference.
Oh nice, are you PPFing the high risk areas or the whole car (and are you going gloss/satin)? Let us know how it goes and post some pics after if poss. I'm a bit conflicted about the cost of it at the moment but will probably get it done in the end.

Congratulations @Cooksmaster1 - what a car.
Raises a good question and one that has been aired many times i feel. Batteries - LFP - do we charge when we and as often as we can regardless of miles left? I.e. 230 miles left - bang it on charge ? OR is it let is go down to around 20% before charging back to 100% ?
I was advised by the Tesla Advisor at Portbury Bristol, to let it go down to around 20% and charge it back up to 100%. Seeing as I have no access to home charging, I've naturally been letting it get to around 30-40% and charging it back up to 100% using Tesla Superchargers, done this 4 times during my two weeks of ownership. Once my Wife's workplace gets their chargers installed, I'll have more confidence in letting it go down to 20% as there isn't a reliable rapid charger near me.

Last edited:
Oh nice, are you PPFing the high risk areas or the whole car (and are you going gloss/satin)? Let us know how it goes and post some pics after if poss. I'm a bit conflicted about the cost of it at the moment but will probably get it done in the end.
The whole car in satin. I’ll post some photos after it’s all done.

On another note the mud flaps were in the boot. Is a service request to have them fitted?

I was advised by the Tesla Advisor at Portbury Bristol, to let it go down to around 20% and charge it back up to 100%. Seeing as I have no access to home charging, I've naturally been letting it get to around 30-40% and charging it back up to 100% using Tesla Superchargers, done this 4 times during my two weeks of ownership. Once my Wife's workplace gets their chargers installed, I'll have more confidence in letting it go down to 20% as there isn't a reliable rapid charger near me.
Thanks @DIY-Trev

So I had a play with car, still downloading software updates and enjoyed every minute so far. Autopilot is great. I used it for about 30 miles on motorway during 2 trips and no single intervention. I held steering wheel at the bottom and it didn’t prompt me once to move steering or warnings to put hands on (since my hand was resting on steering wheel already).

Only one tiny downside which doesn’t bother me that much. It has old rear lights. Looking on positive side, I rather have old lights than many issues with panel gaping, damages etc.

I got annoyed though, because I had already stone flying to my windscreen from car in front and it did tiny mark on the glass. I guess I can’t drive with bubble wrap around 🤔 However I’m still considering if to go for PPF and protect at least front of the car.

One thing I think I noticed is that the heated steering wheel seems to work on automatic heating like when you set the seats? If you turn up the temp then the wheel gets hotter?

Am I imagining that? I quite like that, the heated steering wheel in my wife’s car is either on or off and it gets really hot.

Reactions: CaptainCalm
Only one tiny downside which doesn’t bother me that much. It has old rear lights. Looking on positive side, I rather have old lights than many issues with panel gaping, damages etc.
That’s so random. I honestly can’t fathom how some are still being delivered with old lights. I’m a big fan of the look and feel of lights (in general) and I know that the tail lights shouldn’t matter to the driver at all but something about knowing that the outside observer can see the old lights would irk me (and, lets be real, that’s probably only 1 in thousands of people who would actually know to notice). But still… Anyway, glad you enjoyed your delivery/car!

Reactions: DanielSon and JanF1
I wonder if you can specifically ask NOT to have your car washed when you agree to the pick up day in advance? It's not unreasonable as a request.. Please don't touch / wash my car, I'll do it when I get home! :)

To be honest, you're making it easier for them.....
no because they have two eastern europeans have a bucket of water and chamois / cloth to clean in bulk across the car park (well bluewater does)

That’s so random. I honestly can’t fathom how some are still being delivered with old lights. I’m a big fan of the look and feel of lights (in general) and I know that the tail lights shouldn’t matter to the driver at all but something about knowing that the outside observer can see the old lights would irk me (and, lets be real, that’s probably only 1 in thousands of people who would actually know to notice). But still… Anyway, glad you enjoyed your delivery/car!
Oh - I forgot to check the lights on mine, got carried away with swirl marks and panel gaps (all ok) - is there a list somewhere of the fittings/features to check for?

So far they've said they'll cover he travel costs. Unfortunately I sold my car yesterday, so I'm on train and bike at the mo.
Should be able to make it to bluewater today. Barring rail disasters
So, I have the car. Bluewater didn't have the car ready for me when I arrived, which I'm a bit miffed on. Another 50 minutes wait there. 40% SOC, brought up to around 70% on the supercharger after I signed for it; I'm a little miffed that I got the bill for that despite not having actually asked for them to charge it. I had enough to get home and it's 5p/kwh at home....

Haven't seen any problems thus far, but bluewater is somewhat dark and it was getting dark by the time I got home. Although I do have one very obvious bug splat on the front

Haven't had the promised email re covering travel costs and "something for my time". I'll chase that up after quarter end. Free FSD sounds fair to me ;)

Last edited:
Oh - I forgot to check the lights on mine, got carried away with swirl marks and panel gaps (all ok) - is there a list somewhere of the fittings/features to check for?
Oh the tail lights aren’t really a… feature per se. More that the design is slightly different. Old lights = when you press the brake, two tiny strips of light up in the middle of the light cluster. New lights = when you press the brake, the outer C of the light cluster brightens up (two tiny strips no longer there) instead. It’s just an overall better look to the outside observer. Also, the turn signals are physically wider, since they take up the space where the tiny brake light strip was. Oh, and ALSO, you get two strips of reverse lights, instead of one.

So, I have the car. Bluewater didn't have the car ready for me when I arrived, which I'm a bit miffed on. Another 50 minutes wait there. 40% SOC, brought up to around 70% on the supercharger after I signed for it; I'm a little miffed that I got the bill for that despite not having actually asked for them to charge it. I had enough to get home and it's 5p/kwh at home....

Haven't seen any problems thus far, but bluewater is somewhat dark and it was getting dark by the time I got home.

Haven't had the promised email re covering travel costs and "something for my time". I'll chase that up after quarter end. Free FSD sounds fair to me ;)
Glad to hear you made it to Bluewater water in the end! You should definitely follow up on the “good will” gesture, because that was not cool. Hope the drive back at lease relieved some of that stress!

So I had a play with car, still downloading software updates and enjoyed every minute so far. Autopilot is great. I used it for about 30 miles on motorway during 2 trips and no single intervention. I held steering wheel at the bottom and it didn’t prompt me once to move steering or warnings to put hands on (since my hand was resting on steering wheel already).

I got annoyed though, because I had already stone flying to my windscreen from car in front and it did tiny mark on the glass. I guess I can’t drive with bubble wrap around 🤔 However I’m still considering if to go for PPF and protect at least front of the car.
Just checked mine and i have the old lights as well. Not gonna lie, i am a little annoyed. Its a 2022 car eith 5 year old rear lights. Might flag it up to see if they can retrofit new ones the future

Reactions: JOL1
Just checked mine and i have the old lights as well. Not gonna lie, i am a little annoyed. Its a 2022 car eith 5 year old rear lights. Might flag it up to see if they can retrofit new ones the future
Hmm, how would you flag this? Through service or call customer services? I’m also missing some arcade games like cuphead and sonic the hedgehog. My son was looking forward to that, especially cuphead.

Hmm, how would you flag this? Through service or call customer services? I’m also missing some arcade games like cuphead and sonic the hedgehog. My son was looking forward to that, especially cuphead.
From what I’ve read from other posters on here, there’s nothing you can do. They come as they are. It’s not determined a feature, more just simply a design change. But I can understand the frustration at what is seemingly an innocuous detail.

Hoping for some movement soon. Feels like it's been a long wait. Still waiting to be matched. Ordered 9/12/21, M3 RWD White, Black Interior, 18'' Aero.
Seems to be something with that configuration. I ordered the same, I thought I was waiting a long time to be matched and I ordered on 20/02/22.

Might have to consider switching something to get a car sooner. Maybe the interior to white, as @Cooksmaster1 mentioned above.