Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to see a little disturbance in the force today....

I think a lot on here come to the forum because they have made a huge life choice moving from a well known, tried and tested form of vehicle to a next generation investment and leap of faith. I came here after ordering because I felt uneasy, I needed a little reassurance, a little pick me up and wanted to meet others in the same position as me. More than just the above, I have met, spoken to, and captured the spirit of becoming a member of the Tesla family. To me that has become as much part of being a potential owner as actually owning the thing. Sure I'm still waiting, and it feel like some of us have been waiting forever, but these forums are a total pick-me-up. As much as I felt weirdly anxious ordering a £50k+ vehicle, these forums put my mind at ease, everyone here is absolutely super, and the community are not just supportive, but hugely confidence inspiring to. Listening to lucky folks pick up their cars, sharing pics, and throwing questions around has kept things moving!

I admit, ALL comments are informative! I read everything and listen to everyone, and no snippet of information, positive or negative is not registered. Tech is a funny thing, it meanders like a river. It's always getting better and improving. For me, I'm moving from a '96 Astra (sentimental attachment from a late father), to one of the most advanced cars on the planet.. If you gave me a 2018 model 3 it'll be in a completely different league to anything I have known. Being now April, and Shanghai closed etc, Incoming Q2 2022 cars are what they are. They're a leap ahead of competition, they're exciting, they're just crazy vehicles. Sure somethings may be lacking compared to previously made cars, but the overwhelming fact is that cars will evolve, and evolution is evolution, not de-evolution. I have no idea what Tesla will change in 12 months from now, but when Snowy arrives, she will be what she is. She'll take care of me and the family, and she'll be awesome... as they say warts 'n' all.

Peace all, it's time for a large coffee in my 'you can't buy happiness, but you can buy a Tesla' mug! ☕
Excellent! A happy Easter to all.
PS Where did you get the Tesla mug😀?

Gives you an idea about forecasts. Hopefully Tesla tries to work on a closed loop system sometime
I hate to say but i think that would be optimistic...cases are rising rapidly and the Tesla factory is unlikely to be considered a priority for reopening (not food, medical or military) ..and even when it does reopen there will be a significant ramp up time as the supply chain, which Tesla depend on, will also face challenges with ramp up which is outside Tesla's control. All of these factors are likely to impact production and volumes delivered to European market for Q2.

I hope i am wrong ..

Attachments

• daily-covid-19-cases-keep-surging-in-shanghai (1).png
    daily-covid-19-cases-keep-surging-in-shanghai (1).png
    58.1 KB · Views: 83
As I understand it Berlin are manufacturing Model Y only and are in ramp up mode with low volumes Another black cloud is circling as Berlin factory is dependent on gas for 60% of its energy and the threat of an embargo on Russian gas (under debate) could have severe impact.....
This is why I am curious (Re the Model Y) Will UK model Y's come from here or Shanghai

As I understand it Berlin are manufacturing Model Y only and are in ramp up mode with low volumes Another black cloud is circling as Berlin factory is dependent on gas for 60% of its energy and the threat of an embargo on Russian gas (under debate) could have severe impact.....
I heard about that, there was a call from Zelenskyy, a plead with the EU to make on their word to sanction anything that funds Putins war machine. As much as Britain is doing its bit, the EU is cherry picking what to sanction, but alas fuel isn't one of them to a certain extent. I saw on the BBC that Biden is rearing up as well to do 'something', but what, no idea (yet).

Lets see!!

This is why I am curious (Re the Model Y) Will UK model Y's come from here or Shanghai
Most likely, if I were a Betfred man, I'd call Berlin will leave Shanghai to focus on Model 3. Shanghai is supposedly getting a 2nd factory, I wouldn't put it past that philosophy working eventually to Europe as well... May not be Berlin (they scrapped plans for a GF_UK), so they must be looking about... Poland maybe with resources and space... But EU is a huge market, and wouldn't be surprised if they do go AMERS / EMEA / APAC eventually.

Right now I won't rule out Berlin having capacity to supply the EU with Model Y, especially if Shanghai keeps tripping up.

I'm just spouting.. Don't rule it out though!

It might just be a coincidence but, Germany's sales page for the Model Y Long Range delivery estimates are exactly the same as the UK sales page for all variations.... Given it's just the Model Y being produced in Berlin at the moment, I do wonder if they're planning on producing right-hand drive Model Ys there. Its only the performance model that is not in sync.

It might just be a coincidence but, Germany's sales page for the Model Y Long Range delivery estimates are exactly the same as the UK sales page for all variations.... Given it's just the Model Y being produced in Berlin at the moment, I do wonder if they're planning on producing right-hand drive Model Ys there. Its only the performance model that is not in sync.
I mentioned this on here yesterday,

except its not just UK and Germany, its the entirety of Europe, bar I think 2 countries which were Slovakia and Estonia, which actually still said May 2022 for some reason.

But the big question is as you say, will Berlin produce RHD, as only the UK, Ireland, Malta, and Cyprus are RHD, the rest are LHD.

But to group us all together with the same delivery time window is odd

I mentioned this on here yesterday,

except its not just UK and Germany, its the entirety of Europe, bar I think 2 countries which were Slovakia and Estonia, which actually still said May 2022 for some reason.

But the big question is as you say, will Berlin produce RHD, as only the UK, Ireland, Malta, and Cyprus are RHD, the rest are LHD.

But to group us all together with the same delivery time window is odd
Either is sales page delivery dates are completely made up and random. Or, Giga Berlin will service all of Europe's model Y's, LHD and RHD.

Is there any information out there about how many they're producing daily at the moment?

It might just be a coincidence but, Germany's sales page for the Model Y Long Range delivery estimates are the same as the UK sales page.... Given it's just the Model Y being produced in Berlin at the moment, I do wonder if they're planning on producing right-hand drive Model Ys there.
Whilst never a believer in porcine aviation, I do live in hope. However, with so many pan European LHD drive orders to fulfil, I can't imagine a German invasion.... I mean.....
it's just not in their DNA.

Seriously though, as one who has lived in Germany ( including brilliant Berlin ) I have met some of the nicest of people.

I would to collect my plates and paperwork here and collect the Y (Lizzy) at Giga Berlin.

Lizzy will be red and that colour will probably the last one they get to.

Reactions: Snowy77 and Darreno
Either is sales page delivery dates are completely made up and random. Or, Giga Berlin will service all of Europe's model Y's, LHD and RHD.

Is there any information out there about how many they're producing daily at the moment?
I read somewhere around 1600 a week at the moment, not sure how factual that is

According to Tesla live chat, they will come from Shanghai and the eta is still May/June. The agent didn't know if the batch had left or not yet as "they only get told when they at a certain point in the Journey"

I am not sure how much of what she knows is factual or just assumption though but make of it what you will