Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But again, if the norm is to pull dates out of a hat, not having even one of those dates is suspiciously annoying. Although I’m just likely overthinking this massively.
Tbh EDD's can't even be reliably used for guidance. Mine's changed dramatically over the lifetime of my order, and I have no faith that dates given are even vaguely accurate.

They may as well be pulling dates out of a hat by this point

Reactions: WiredUp
Ok this is new. A few days ago tesla annoyed me with an expired trade in valuation so I cancelled the trade in (I will sell with one of the two big high street names). This is what my order just changed to. Says to pay within 48 hours of delivery but I don’t have a delivery date????
7D15643D-D0F4-46DC-99C9-1958C2F2BD1A.png

Ok this is new. A few days ago tesla annoyed me with an expired trade in valuation so I cancelled the trade in (I will sell with one of the two big high street names). This is what my order just changed to. Says to pay within 48 hours of delivery but I don’t have a delivery date????View attachment 794628
Hey doll, don’t get confused they are asking you to send proof of payment 48 hours before you take delivery. Hope that helps sweetheart. X

Ok this is new. A few days ago tesla annoyed me with an expired trade in valuation so I cancelled the trade in (I will sell with one of the two big high street names). This is what my order just changed to. Says to pay within 48 hours of delivery but I don’t have a delivery date????View attachment 794628
At the risk of stating the obvious and agreeing with you, you are most likely over-thinking it. Ignore the message above until you have an actual delivery date. It affects nothing. It changes nothing. If and when you get a match you will be informed. There is plenty of time to make payment then. Provided you are ready, have any finance sorted (if applicable) and if trading your car is ready to go (with necessary paperwork) then you’ll have no problem. Tesla will be very eager to take your money and exchange that for a shiny new car as that’s their business. There really is no need to worry that you will miss out, or be overlooked or gazumped. They were super helpful to me and went the extra mile to ensure I got the car.

As regards EDD’s it is “normally” top heavy quarter end. This is why most May EDD’s are now last 2 weeks of June. There may be some of you who have July/August quoted but assuming there are some ships leaving in the next month 🤞🤞then there is every possibility some might get a match earlier? I did, I was due with everyone else mid-May but got a match last week of March out of the blue.

Unfortunately the Shanghai shutdown has altered normality and currently all bets are off until this blip has passed. This is a bummer with regards trade-ins for sure as Tesla’s 60 day valuation is going to be up for many people. What happens next is anyones guess up or down?

I fully understand the frustration and anticipation, I was going mental too and to be honest I’m sooo glad mine arrived when it did as the constant flux was literally unbearable (why FFS?). Why the wife and kids never left with my constant refresh and VIN search I’ll never know🤷🏽‍♂️.
Just hang on in there, you’re with a great bunch of folk waiting the same as you👍👍

My theory is that they had pre built lots of Tesla’s prior to the lockdown that are just waiting for the green light for shipping. Rumours that the factory is opening tomorrow could mean that a ship is being chartered to collect some of these Tesla’s.
Mine MYLR started in June on order, then come forward to May 2 weeks ago, and it’s still at May. No change since.

Last edited:
My theory is that they had pre built lots of Tesla’s prior to the lockdown that are just waiting for the green light for shipping. Rumours that the factory is opening tomorrow could mean that a ship is being chartered to collect some of these Tesla’s.
They shut down on 28 March. That's around the time they switch from domestic to export manufacturing for the upcoming quarter, therefore there aren't likely to be any European models already built for this quarter yet.

Reactions: MrMoonUK
Telsa's website shows Model Y LR estimated delivery as July for cars with optional 20s and white or black paint. It jumps to September if you option the 20s with a different colour, or if you chose the standard 19s with any colour.
I placed an order for blue exterior, black interior, standard 19s, standard autopilot, on Wednesday last week, expecting to get a Sept delivery date. But I've already received an EDD of 19th to 30th June. Sweet 😀 Fingers crossed they can get it on the boat from China in good time.

Do they advertise earlier delivery with the 20s as a cynical ploy to get people to cough up £2100 for fancy wheels they have a surplus of? Or am I seeing a conspiracy that doesn't exist 🙃

Reactions: Nicki Minaj
Telsa's website shows Model Y LR estimated delivery as July for cars with optional 20s and white or black paint. It jumps to September if you option the 20s with a different colour, or if you chose the standard 19s with any colour.
I placed an order for blue exterior, black interior, standard 19s, standard autopilot, on Wednesday last week, expecting to get a Sept delivery date. But I've already received an EDD of 19th to 30th June. Sweet 😀 Fingers crossed they can get it on the boat from China in good time.

Do they advertise earlier delivery with the 20s as a cynical ploy to get people to cough up £2100 for fancy wheels they have a surplus of? Or am I seeing a conspiracy that doesn't exist 🙃
Lol love that.

Fingers crossed for you!

Noticed the same too. I ordered on Wednesday as well (MYLR, MSM, black, 19”) and have EDD 15-30 June. So hope it about that time and not three months later!