Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to the Tesla delivery team earlier, after pushing for more clarity around my specific order, and I asked in passing why I hadn't received a June text, to which they replied "I imagine you have also seen that we are recalling a number of messages that have been sent to customers stating June by mistake".

You can't recall a text, to my knowledge, but I assume you can send a further text correcting the previous one.

If you have to reapply for financing (Tesla loan) I have noticed the apr has increased slightly now. Do you have to pay the increased APR when you apply? Thanks guys x
Yep! I emailed them last week and they said it's been 3.99% for a long time and only recently changed to 4.39% and can't give me the old %. Gutted.

I was holding off until I got the VIN but I got a "Tesla Action Required" txt yesterday warning me to get my finance sorted or else... So I got all my finances done last night and annoyingly it was on the 4.39% APR.

Reactions: Nicki Minaj
Yep! I emailed them last week and they said it's been 3.99% for a long time and only recently changed to 4.39% and can't give me the old %. Gutted.

I was holding off until I got the VIN but I got a "Tesla Action Required" txt yesterday warning me to get my finance sorted or else... So I got all my finances done last night and annoyingly it was on the 4.39% APR.
The difference is that I already have my finance sorted so they said if it’s going to expire then they can offer me the same rate.

Reactions: Daedalus
Did you go through the full finance process originally on the lower rate? Or did you just put the £200 deposit (like I did) and waited before going through the finance process after the APR changed?
I went through the process and got my finance approved. Now the only step remaining is to take delivery. Anyway I think I should be good on my current agreement as finance is valid for 4 months (this is what Tesla told me on the phone).

That would be higher than they were doing before the shutdown. They were planning on increasing capacity in May and I had seen reference to a significant upgrade to the factory on May 16th before.

So did I read this right, Tesla Shanghai "somehow" was allowed to open earlier than other car manufacturers?? 🤔 I wonder if money/contacts had any helping hand in this? Kudos to whom ever pulled this off.

Reactions: Nicki Minaj
I went through the process and got my finance approved. Now the only step remaining is to take delivery. Anyway I think I should be good on my current agreement as finance is valid for 4 months (this is what Tesla told me on the phone).
Did you pay the down payment too or are you trading in? I've done the agreement, paid the £200 deposit but was waiting for a Vin before paying the down payment? Hoping that's enough to keep the lower Apr?

So on my Y order, still stuck June 05-30 , so do you get an update when the ship sales, or when it get's here, as under the circumstances of the EDD not being put back, i could be in theory 1 month away from deliveru=y? or should i stop refreshing the order page and relax? Although we did sell our naughty diesel bmw 2 months ago and sharing a mini now.

Did you pay the down payment too or are you trading in? I've done the agreement, paid the £200 deposit but was waiting for a Vin before paying the down payment? Hoping that's enough to keep the lower Apr?
I’m trading in + paid £5000 in cash already. I think by completing all the steps I actually speeded up my delivery which has now just changed to June 19-30th

Reactions: t0ne
Just had a trade in offer valuation after putting it in around 3 weeks ago. I was told by Tesla that they would only offer this once they have more info re- delivery of Tesla (I think loads of previous valuations was expiring due to delays).

EDD stuck on “may 2022” still