Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question is now, have Tesla already produced the cars due to be loaded onto THEBEN on the 14th May or are they still in production. If its the latter, they have run out of certain parts. I hope they can get their supply chain back up quickly or else it isn't looking good.

The opening page of my Tesla app changed this morning to include the EDD … could be a correction of a shortcoming … or it could be significant 🤔🤞

E01B6AC1-48EB-435D-8494-4F487C6C5330.jpeg

Question is now, have Tesla already produced the cars due to be loaded onto THEBEN on the 14th May or are they still in production. If its the latter, they have run out of certain parts. I hope they can get their supply chain back up quickly or else it isn't looking good.
If the below article from Reuters is correct then:

0. "shipment of 4,767 cars left for Slovenia"
1. "Tesla has also arranged for 4,100 cars to be shipped on Friday," (Maybe THEBEN??)
2. "Tesla manufactured 10,757 cars at its Shanghai plant from its reopening on April 19 to April 30"

Inference:
about 5990 cars from April's are ready to be shipped after Glovis departed for Slovania.
There must have been some more produced in May till date..

So I guess we should have at least 2 ship loads ready by now!

Or I am just giving myself false hopes for a June delivery ;-)

1. "Tesla has also arranged for 4,100 cars to be shipped on Friday," (Maybe THEBEN??)
2. "Tesla manufactured 10,757 cars at its Shanghai plant from its reopening on April 19 to April 30"

Inference:
about 5990 cars from April's are ready to be shipped after Glovis departed for Slovania.

There was also a shipment of Teslas that left the docks for other Chinese city's the day before Glovis Splendor departed.

Inference:

Am I wrong in thinking there were cars produced already before Shanghai's lockdown? If so, there should be more to the number of produced cars in April.

I wasn't aware of that.. Also the article said:
"Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) on Wednesday made its first exports from China since reopening its Shanghai factory on April 19, as a shipment of 4,767 cars left for Slovenia, the government-backed media outlet Shanghai Observer reported."

Who knows!

Yeah, Glovis Splendor was the first 'Export'. The ones put on ships and sent within China are not exports.

• Helpful
Reactions: nscar
Well that could be bad news then.

If they have produced 10,000 cars since re-opening, half going to local market, half exported yesterday.

The ship arriving on Friday presumably for the UK probably had its production started last Friday when we all had narrowed dates. Now some of us have had the dates slip, we hear about supply chain issues. I suspect they tried to produce up to 1,000 cars per day all to go onto this ship(s).

What a shame if true, I really hope it isn't.

If they have produced 10,000 cars since re-opening, half going to local market, half exported yesterday.

The ship arriving on Friday presumably for the UK probably had its production started last Friday when we all had narrowed dates. Now some of us have had the dates slip, we hear about supply chain issues. I suspect they tried to produce up to 1,000 cars per day all to go onto this ship(s).

That is the export number. There is a separate, smaller number for the domestic market.

Reactions: bp1000

10,757 cars were produced from its reopening on April 19 to April 30. That does not include any cars made prior to the closure and after 30th April.