Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Basically what I was told in so many words, in other words, they don't have a clue and they will just see what RN's are assigned VINs when the boat leaves
I wonder if they do know, but, for PR told to keep things open to keep their options open. Until you actually have a VIN allocated, you're just at the mercy of an endless grid of processes.. the likes of which we'll never know or even guess.. I have been about since November, so even now I'm at the stage of figuring that this has got to be it. Finally. Kinda confident. Things are aligning, and as I'm more aware of how the great wheel turns behind the scene at Tesla orders and delivery I'm getting the feel on that June will be it after all this time.

• Love
Reactions: JOL1 and Daedalus
I wonder if they do know, but, for PR told to keep things open to keep their options open. Until you actually have a VIN allocated, you're just at the mercy of an endless grid of processes.. the likes of which we'll never know or even guess.. I have been about since November, so even now I'm at the stage of figuring that this has got to be it. Finally. Kinda confident. Things are aligning, and as I'm more aware of how the great wheel turns behind the scene at Tesla orders and delivery I'm getting the feel on that June will be it after all this time.
Don't be too confident. I am still expecting the great Cthulhu to emerge from the depths of the ocean and swallow THEBEN and your precious little Teslas whole 😁

(Although I may just be jealous that my M3 isn't going to be on board :D )

• Funny
Reactions: Falcon22
I just spoke with a Tesla adviser because my date has disappeared and was told I was put to the back of the queue because I changed spec. I was told when I changed spec by 3 separate Tesla reps that it would have no bearing on my delivery date and could actually accelerate it.

I asked about going LR to performance and he said that would put me further back.
i asked this same question, i feel they just dont want the agro, but almost positive it would shorten the delivery time.

especially now the price window from LR to performance has shrunk significantly i can only imagine the performance will increase in price as its the only one that hasnt so far.

I am liking your outlook Snowy77 and I can't imagine how the wait has been since November!? Dhayamn!! Its been nail biting since April and if the stars and the moon align for a late June delivery then OMG that's going to be a blast... 06/2022 (Tesla UK Q2) will be forever celebrated/appreciated by all of us June'rs! Would be awesome to be able to send some sort of a big THANK YOU to all the Giga Shanghai crews who built our cars. 🙏

...aaaand back to reality :D

Still some cars at Brent Cross. Probably halved or so since I last took a picture there.
I took a closer look at the cars in Brent Cross and I think they are taxis. Probably bulk purchase by a taxi firm.

Attachments

• AD64D206-671C-476B-A5E1-695847A2388F.jpeg
    AD64D206-671C-476B-A5E1-695847A2388F.jpeg
    550.2 KB · Views: 253
Reactions: Snowy77
I have been reading /watching from the sidelines and thought I’d chip in. Ordered through octopus on a salary sacrifice. I received this update today.

“Actually yes. Tesla just told us that they have a ship inbound to the UK as of today. It left Shanghai recently (they wouldn't say when) and will land in Southampton in mid-June. It is likely your car will be in the shipment, however that is not guaranteed. Tesla UK don't yet know what is on the ship but expect cars to start being allocated to drivers in the last week of May / 1st week of June. Any drivers not matched to a car in this shipment will have to wait until September for the next batch of cars.

Please do keep an eye on your Delivery Tracker and if it shows June or July, expect a text from Tesla in late May asking you to complete your driver profile.

All the best,”

I have been reading /watching from the sidelines and thought I’d chip in. Ordered through octopus on a salary sacrifice. I received this update today.

“Actually yes. Tesla just told us that they have a ship inbound to the UK as of today. It left Shanghai recently (they wouldn't say when) and will land in Southampton in mid-June. It is likely your car will be in the shipment, however that is not guaranteed. Tesla UK don't yet know what is on the ship but expect cars to start being allocated to drivers in the last week of May / 1st week of June. Any drivers not matched to a car in this shipment will have to wait until September for the next batch of cars.

Please do keep an eye on your Delivery Tracker and if it shows June or July, expect a text from Tesla in late May asking you to complete your driver profile.

All the best,”
Yeah all the best cheers

Now those who are desperate for a car must sit and worry because no one has a clue

Its been a strange experience so far, am i buying the Apple Iphone of the car world, where i purchase it without question as i am an unquestioning devotee? My colleague has had an S for three years, drives regularly to the South of France and cannot fault it. We loved the test drives, Tesla has more experience than any of the competition and has a proven product. Its an internet company i get it, not an old fashioned dealership, and yeah i love it that Tesla have not tried to sell me tyre insurance, scratch and dent insurance or gap insurance, All options are mostly incuded. My last car from BMW they kept me there for 2 hours to buy it, even though i was paying cash and the asking price and walked in and said i will take it after 1 minute. Tesla is so simple, I love it! But when i paid my deposit Tesla failed to claim it and cancelled my order, my bank had authorised it, so i ordered another on their advice after the 4th call in April with the Estimated Delivery: June 05 - June 30 ever since the second day and unchanged ever since. Perhaps I would be calmer had we not sold our devil diesel BMW already, but I guess we are all in the same boat (I wish from China) and lucky enough to be buying a Tesla during a cost of living crises, but am i being a spoilt brat? i would love to have just a little information from them and I gess getting a Vin will be like Christmas and getting the car will be like all my christmases rolled into one. :)

All the best,”
The info people receive from lease companies leave more questions than answers.
We know the Tesla reps barely know what is happening, so when the info comes through a middle entity I doubt it even further.

The only glimmer of hope is if any of this info is correct it could mean Glovis Splendor is calling at the UK. That’s the only ship we know is already enroute and I believe we only have media reports that made this forum discount it?

Its been a strange experience so far, am i buying the Apple Iphone of the car world, where i purchase it without question as i am an unquestioning devotee? My colleague has had an S for three years, drives regularly to the South of France and cannot fault it. We loved the test drives, Tesla has more experience than any of the competition and has a proven product. Its an internet company i get it, not an old fashioned dealership, and yeah i love it that Tesla have not tried to sell me tyre insurance, scratch and dent insurance or gap insurance, All options are mostly incuded. My last car from BMW they kept me there for 2 hours to buy it, even though i was paying cash and the asking price and walked in and said i will take it after 1 minute. Tesla is so simple, I love it! But when i paid my deposit Tesla failed to claim it and cancelled my order, my bank had authorised it, so i ordered another on their advice after the 4th call in April with the Estimated Delivery: June 05 - June 30 ever since the second day and unchanged ever since. Perhaps I would be calmer had we not sold our devil diesel BMW already, but I guess we are all in the same boat (I wish from China) and lucky enough to be buying a Tesla during a cost of living crises, but am i being a spoilt brat? i would love to have just a little information from them and I gess getting a Vin will be like Christmas and getting the car will be like all my christmases rolled into one. :)
Similar tale here … and sold my Mercedes diesel in January after 4 years of ownership, back to the dealer … that was a quick transaction to be fair and they even paid for my taxi home … feeling confident about a VIN arriving soon 🥴

Reactions: ElsDee