Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
btw, how did you get to chat to Tesla directly, I only have a Tusker order number and that is it...
Hi there, if you go into the website, make sure you are on the U.K. one, then roam around the inventory and a chat icon will appear on the right hand side - sometimes you get it straightaway sometimes you need to keep trying! Doesn’t seem to work on a phone.. good luck!!!

FYI you don’t need to mess with view source or potentially dodgy chrome extensions to see if you have a VIN.

Just open this page in a browser you’re already logged in to tesla.com:

This also works on mobile.
I have my car on a lease with Tusker and using the link shows that it’s an Enterprise Order. Think only Tusker would be able to see whether I have a VIN for my order at this stage. Not sure what the other text means.

Attachments

• BD6D8EE9-0AE2-457A-8AAA-9B19B6D33E8F.jpeg
    BD6D8EE9-0AE2-457A-8AAA-9B19B6D33E8F.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 93
I have my car on a lease with Tusker and using the link shows that it’s an Enterprise Order. Think only Tusker would be able to see whether I have a VIN for my order at this stage. Not sure what the other text means.

Unfortunately, "Enterprise Order" means nothing. It is present on both lease car holders and accounts that have no orders. I checked this early with 3 different accounts.

Reactions: S3XY T3SLA
Why did @Snowy77 have such a wait? Did something on his order go wrong?
Ahhh long story! Mostly bad luck and bad timing.

I wanted / needed a car for March, so I deliberately waited until EDD reached March (which was around November time). As soon as I saw March, we hit the order!

2 weeks after I ordered, Tesla called me to say HEY GUESS WHAT! We have a car for you... I'm like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?! At the time I was not ready, no charger, nothing organised, had an imminent business trip, and we had a lot going on away from home. I had to decline the kind offer, and to avoid someone calling before March, I had a 'match hold' put on my notes.

The match hold lifted mid February, but it was just delayed enough to miss clipping the matching for the last boats of Q1 (automated). Many friends here did get their VINS and subsequently their vehicles in the Q1 push. However because some of us just about missed it, we formed the SVC (small violin club), I'm sure many have heard that one!

THEN as we know Q2 cars were struck hard by the problems in Shanghai, and the story gets a bit clearer from here. I knew I was right up on the list, and it was only a matter of time before Tesla were able to finally match us up. Ahhh and today, we can finally say we're expecting our Snowy! :) :)

It's been a long patient wait.

I'm sure I've seen others up to April 1st that have a VIN. This makes no sense!
Its really strange - can surely only be payment method that differentiates now? We have 3 Feb 16th orders - 1. White, Black, 19 2. Black, Black, 20 3. Blue, Black, 20 - no other extras etc but none of the 3 have got allocated Vins despite later orders (of the same spec and even pickup location) getting them. I'm assuming it's because we are leasing via ALD and perhaps that would mean Tesla not receiving the same financial input to them before Qtr end that a cash purchase would?

If it's not the financials, then the whole allocation algo must be a complete lottery :p

Reactions: busterboy
He

Welcome to the club, tuskers order here too. You won't see the order on your app. You'll just receive an RN. Only becomes live on the app once you take delivery of your car
I spoke with Tusker yesterday and they said it’s all with Tesla now and all communications about the car will be direct to me from them. They did say there was a delay in getting an updated stock list so couldn’t see my name on it.

Reactions: M3UK and SaltyMod3
Its really strange - can surely only be payment method that differentiates now? We have 3 Feb 16th orders - 1. White, Black, 19 2. Black, Black, 20 3. Blue, Black, 20 - no other extras etc but none of the 3 have got allocated Vins despite later orders (of the same spec and even pickup location) getting them. I'm assuming it's because we are leasing via ALD and perhaps that would mean Tesla not receiving the same financial input to them before Qtr end that a cash purchase would?

If it's not the financials, then the whole allocation algo must be a complete lottery :p
Mine is a cash purchase and still no VIN, no idea on how the allocation works, but the wait continues. I'm sure I'll miss all this once I've got the car 😅

Reactions: WhiteHartMart
Oh well, I really enjoyed having 4 days with an EDD of June 21-30. It was a glorious time, I even went off and bought some essentials like mats, a center console tray and (what the hell) a gemini wheel cap kit.

Signed in for the nth time earlier and 💥boom💥, back to "July" :oops:

I have seen someone got a VIN with a 1st of April OD and also some have gone from July to getting a VIN? I think that's true and I didn't dream that right?

This is promising to say the least but still holding on with a firm grip on this emotional roller coaster...