Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just posted this over in the shipping forum, but thought I would share here too -: Evening all, I set up a survey some weeks ago and the data is becoming outdated. I have set up a simple online database to do something similar but it allows us to keep the data updated. If you want to have a play whilst I am developing/playing to pass the waiting time and give feedback you can access here and also on my Linktree.

I've not seen it mentioned on here, but apologies if it has - search didn't find it for me- the delivery hub at the Trafford Centre has moved to the southern end of the site down near M60 junction 9. If you're expecting it to be by the superchargers then that's the old location.
Thanks for the info on the change of location, I didnโ€™t even notice on my account for my collection. On looking they have moved from the Debenhams car park where I picked up in December to the overflow car park on the John Lewis side. Not surprising as they have been storing inventory in that car park for months.
They have even updated it now on Google Maps! Completely the other side to where the chargers are, but that is no issue in the slightest.

Attachments

• 98E4E855-F108-469C-9536-2523347440DD.jpeg
    98E4E855-F108-469C-9536-2523347440DD.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 54
Reactions: greebo
Thanks for the info on the change of location, I didnโ€™t even notice on my account for my collection. On looking they have moved from the Debenhams car park where I picked up in December to the overflow car park on the John Lewis side. Not surprising as they have been storing inventory in that car park for months.
They have even updated it now on Google Maps! Completely the other side to where the chargers are, but that is no issue in the slightest.
The big advantage of being at the Debenhams end where I picked up from was that the cars were brought from the holding area and put on charge.
When I collected mine it was at 80%.

Just posted this over in the shipping forum, but thought I would share here too -: Evening all, I set up a survey some weeks ago and the data is becoming outdated. I have set up a simple online database to do something similar but it allows us to keep the data updated. If you want to have a play whilst I am developing/playing to pass the waiting time and give feedback you can access here and also on my Linktree.
Out of the 12 orders for a M3 entered so far only one has a vin. Looks like those of us waiting for a 3 were unlucky that Ys were being focused on. Not surprising that the demand for Ys is greater but still frustratingโ€ฆ.

Out of the 12 orders for a M3 entered so far only one has a vin. Looks like those of us waiting for a 3 were unlucky that Ys were being focused on. Not surprising that the demand for Ys is greater but still frustratingโ€ฆ.
Apart from the obvious Covid closure impact in Shanghai on overall production units, Tesla also suffered from a limited supply of components from their local suppliers which limited the rate which they could scale up to once the plant reopened . With this in mind it is understandable that Tesla would use their limited supplies for higher price cars, thus favouring Y as it boosts sales for Q2 which is/will be under scrutiny.

Its unfortunate for you as you must be top of the queue. I hope you get your notification soon

Reactions: Frizzy
Apart from the obvious Covid closure impact in Shanghai on overall production units, Tesla also suffered from a limited supply of components from their local suppliers which limited the rate which they could scale up to once the plant reopened . With this in mind it is understandable that Tesla would use their limited supplies for higher price cars, thus favouring Y as it boosts sales for Q2 which is/will be under scrutiny.

Its unfortunate for you as you must be top of the queue. I hope you get your notification soon
Donโ€™t think itโ€™s true - The model 3 LR is es expensive as y ( LR ) . The Model S and X ( most expensive one ) - the deliveries are year(s) out. Itโ€™s just the demand . Many are just looking for nice family cars and practical. The number of such customers are quite high there !

Just filled out now - looks like Ys were massively prioritised as you say. Slightly frustrating for me because I wanted a Y but Tesla weren't offering it on lease at my time of ordering ๐Ÿ˜…

Reactions: Frizzy
Just an update: I had call from unknown number on weds 6:40, answered and all i could hear was some guy singing in background. Hung up, checked number online and found it was a Tesla generic number. It's me that should have been singing as received V.I.Number and confirmation text and account showed the 'pay us asap' message. Then on Thurs got text asking to choose date (28 -30) chose 28th of course. Must be one of those numerous cancellations i keep hearing about. My only gripe is pick up from NEC and not original Small Heath pick up point but i'd walk the whole 25 miles from home if i had to.

Reactions: JOL1
Just an update: I had call from unknown number on weds 6:40, answered and all i could hear was some guy singing in background. Hung up, checked number online and found it was a Tesla generic number. It's me that should have been singing as received V.I.Number and confirmation text and account showed the 'pay us asap' message. Then on Thurs got text asking to choose date (28 -30) chose 28th of course. Must be one of those numerous cancellations i keep hearing about. My only gripe is pick up from NEC and not original Small Heath pick up point but i'd walk the whole 25 miles from home if i had to.
Thatโ€™s awesome, whatโ€™s the number/area code if you donโ€™t mind me asking!, I get tonnes of unsolicited calls so I want to make sure I donโ€™t miss a Tesla one ๐Ÿ˜‚

When did you order, what did you order?

Reactions: ND22
Count yourself lucky, Birmingham city centre is an absolute joke of a nightmare for driving at the moment

Reactions: Utumno