Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello and welcome

I think the latest order dates to receive vins for this quarter is around mid March. There may have been some after this for certain specs if demand was lower.

Mid April is certainly a good candidate for august and certainly September delivery.
I think I must have received a cancellation, April 12th for me but I only got the VIN and txt to choose pick up day last Wednesday.

On the refund parts, certainly not easy in my case. Still fighting to get 18k returned. Have paid the initial payment twice, first time was their mistake

Thanks for the response. I noticed it was a soft credit check, so all good and filled in.
Looking to trade my car in also (2010 Audi A4) so be interesting to see what Tesla offer for my car or if its better to go private for the sale.
Keep us posted. Do bear in mind that the trade in quote is time limited. If it expires before the new car is delivered, you might not like the the new quote. Some folk blame Tesla, but they must react to the market. Also, you can cancel at that time and sell it elsewhere.
However, I would avoid making any changes as they could impact your EDD, or so it is rumoured.

I am not trading in. I have arranged with my insurer to switch cover, for the remaining policy period to myMY and hold the X3 covered for a month after the switch. This, for not much extra overall, means that I can sell the X at my leisure and not have to rely on SWMBO's car, if myMy needs post delivery attention at either Tesla or my chosen detailing studio or both.

Good luck with whichever way you go.

Not me :p

7i8ydmtn03

😂😂😂😂😂😂
They will only know us apart by our taste in wheels. Are you getting the red calliper covers for yours B?

I wonder how much actual (not percentage) I will pay for having naked 19" when we drive to Northern Italy(and hopefully back)?
Now then.... SWMBO says " What's that!? The cost of a naked 19"!?! I know some girls who would make a generous offer"

I would question her description "girls" but so far, Fathers day is going quite nicely thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your responses.
Although it's made me less worried about my order, it's still very painful waiting this long.
But I guess all good things come to those who wait.

I do have a couple of more questions though.

Will our Tesla's be coming from Belgium now?
Will we get the new 4680 batteries?

And finally, I have a detached driveway with only a external socket. So I can only charge via the mobile connector unless I am out and about.
Can anyone tell me what kind of charge rate we get from the mobile connector?

I've heard it's around 7-8 miles per hour which I think is great as I work from home so I'm happy to have 24 hours of not using the car.

Although it's made me less worried about my order, it's still very painful waiting this long.

And finally, I have a detached driveway with only a external socket. So I can only charge via the mobile connector unless I am out and about.

I've heard it's around 7-8 miles per hour which I think is great as I work from home so I'm happy to have 24 hours of not using the car.
Probably China not Belgium.
Probably not 4680
Yes 7-8 mph..

Reactions: Frizzy

All UK M3/MY currently come from Shanghai. When GF Berlin starts shipping MYP to the UK in late 2022 those will come in from there. I don’t think anyone knows that shipping route for certain yet.

4680’s haven’t even started being mass produced for GF Berlin yet. So, probably not, no.

It’ll charge at up to 10A so 2.3kW. However you should make sure that your external socket is rated for that continuous load and you should always use an RCD as well. An electrician will be able to check the circuit for you.

@Wattsisname
What makes you think I would do such a stupid thing...:rolleyes:
.😂
You know me so well..🤣
View attachment 818376
Excellent!

I am going to the lengths of extreme bad taste; red AlloyGators on the rims and Red with silver "T" Hub covers. For Sundays, I'll swop them for silver with red "T". Both version to be surrounded by shiny wheel nut covers......talking of nuts:oops:

It's like having a 60's Mini again (non Cooper or Cooper S); so much scope for pouring money down the after market accessories drain hole.

I love it!😅

Probably China not Belgium.
😂😂😂

I wonder if they might have been referring to trans shipping from Zeebruge.
Actually, I believe that you have understood correctly; they meant a Berlin car shipped from Zeebruge.

Surely nobody on here thinks their car is assembled in Belgium unless they think they are at the Volvo Club.

Last edited:
Reactions: munkypuzel
Would that be a grant of the kind of benefit that Brexit blew out!? Or have I missed a trick?
You were only suppose to blow the doors of Boris and now you have "..................".(add comments as appropriate)
🤣 No, nothing to do with Brexit, just a grant to encourage the switch to electric in Ireland. The M3 RWD baisc spec is just under the €60k threshold so will be interesting to see if @JOL1 pulls the trigger - any Tesla price increase will make it a very smart move!

Reactions: Wattsisname