Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re Red Rear issue: Just spoke with the very kind and professional Stef, at Tesla. She assures me that if any car is not up to handover specification due to damage, we will be informed in good time and our delivery appointment will be cancelled. They will do their best to get a replacement vehicle.

She was unaware of the condition of my car because it has not yet arrived at Staines for tomorrow's D Day.

I take from this that a scuff which can be polished out, as apposed to something more significant, would not prevent handover.
PHEW.!!!😂

Reactions: Wattsisname
Just a delayed truck and therefore less time for the team to get the cars properly swirled. She'll be right.;)
I would rather they didn't clean it to be honest, remember I used to tell Skoda and BMW never to clean my cars. Do a far better job at home with the two buckets system and proper products/clothes. Not the same cloth that has watch 15 other cars that day

Out of interest, those of you that have collected recently what software was it on?

Mine was:
IMG_2983.jpeg

From what I can gather 2022.11 is a bit old now? I have it set to Advanced and connected to WiFi but so far I haven't received an update. Is there anything else I can do to trigger it?

I would rather they didn't clean it to be honest, remember I used to tell Skoda and BMW never to clean my cars. Do a far better job at home with the two buckets system and proper products/clothes. Not the same cloth that has watch 15 other cars that day
Yes! A person after my own heart; gave the same instruction to BMW for my car and bikes. I used to wash them before they went in for the sake the techs working on them.

Now then...the K1200RS and the K1300GT have both gone. The X3 has just has a £grand service and from tomorrow is insured for a month during which period she will be sold to a good home.

• Love
Reactions: Sw1000
Calling all 2022 Model Y Waiting Room Members:

As I prepare for tonight's pre D Day vigil, I wonder if, as you are such a great bunch, whether we ought to start a new thread along the lines of
"2022 Model Y Post Deliver ownership miscellany."

A thread where we can chat about all things Tesla and some things that aren't. A laissez faire approach where it is impossible to overstretch the thread because the topic is so elastic. And thereby we will also be on hand to provide the benefit of our wisdom, acquired and matured through the white heat our EDD experiences, to the next quarter's class.

What do you say?

Now then....What SWMBO says is " I thought that after tomorrow's D Day that would be it for the forum!)
Sotto voce response from me : "We have hardly started";)

I'm still wondering what Tesla will do if someone sent payment but does a no-show on collection in the next two days.
Will Tesla allocate the car to somebody else out of spite, or will they allow that person to collect from 1st of July, essentially making him successful into 'gaming' the system...

I'm still wondering what Tesla will do if someone sent payment but does a no-show on collection in the next two days.
Will Tesla allocate the car to somebody else out of spite, or will they allow that person to collect from 1st of July, essentially making him successful into 'gaming' the system...
For the life of me, I can't ever see that happening,

Just came across this thread for first time yesterday... wish I'd seen it before.
I ordered my Tesla Y in April, supposedly getting delivered today in Northern Ireland. I have received the edd texts which I checked with Tesla and had reg number for over a week now but very quiet since. Just hoping it all goes without a hitch!
I'm envious of you not knowing about this thread till the day before your delivery... My obsession of checking in on the daily antics has nearly ended my relationship... and my career.... and my social life.... and my level of concentration... I had better go so I can refresh the page so I don't miss anything

Anyway, good luck with your delivery - I am sure it will turn up as pristine and swirl free!!

For the life of me, I can't ever see that happening,
Nor I.
However, I think it may have been @WannabeOwner, that helpful fount of all knowledge Tesla, and other stuff, who thought that Tesla could only
book a car for the quarter if it was handed over. Of course that does not mean they can ruin your plans if you have signed up and paid.....
......does it?

Calling all 2022 Model Y Waiting Room Members:

As I prepare for tonight's pre D Day vigil, I wonder if, as you are such a great bunch, whether we ought to start a new thread along the lines of
"2022 Model Y Post Deliver ownership miscellany."

A thread where we can chat about all things Tesla and some things that aren't. A laissez faire approach where it is impossible to overstretch the thread because the topic is so elastic. And thereby we will also be on hand to provide the benefit of our wisdom, acquired and matured through the white heat our EDD experiences, to the next quarter's class.

What do you say?

Now then....What SWMBO says is " I thought that after tomorrow's D Day that would be it for the forum!)
Sotto voce response from me : "We have hardly started";)
Yes definitely, I'm up for that. We could have a @Mr Happy to offset Mr M 😂😂

• Funny
I'm envious of you not knowing about this thread till the day before your delivery... My obsession of checking in on the daily antics has nearly ended my relationship... and my career.... and my social life.... and my level of concentration... I had better go so I can refresh the page so I don't miss anything

Anyway, good luck with your delivery - I am sure it will turn up as pristine and swirl free!!
I know what you mean 😂😂. I'm even thinking about signing up for social media addiction therapy 😂. Looking forward to tomorrow, kinda, apart from the feeling of entering the unknown. Good luck

Mine must have been wiped with a dry rag by the looks of the marks leftover, and the inside had a few residue marks which should come out - I was planning on giving it a deep clean (clay bar and possibly machine polish) over the weekend (weather permitting). I didn't bother mentioning it to them as to me it's not a biggy and i know i'll do a better job myself however I do think it's poor practice for the price of the car. Watch out for used gloves in the center console 😅

The car itself is fantastic, A/B downloaded and installed while charging ;) the tires weren't overly inflated and to me, the ride on the inductions isn't harsh at all. Overall I am very happy however I am sorry for those who ordered before me and are still waiting, no idea what tesla is playing at, and it really isn't fair, and I can only say the wait will be worth it.