Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone remember the day when brand new cars were sat on garage forecourts with eager salesmen waiting to suck you in to sign on the dotted line so they could get their commision.

Car will be ready the next day and you can drive it away.

WOW how times have changed, Just look at us now.🤣
I remember back in 2014 managing 22% discount off a factory order Audi A6 Avant Blackline fulled specced up, I miss those days when the punter had all the power , dam youuuuuuuuu Musk and your new fangled electronic automobiles

Doesnt help you... but its really worth the wait, mine turned up yesterday from Belfast Service Center..... LOVING it so far and I'm coming from an eTron.

D.
There are worse problems to have for sure. Glad you are enjoying yours :) all will be forgotten when mine arrives. Out of interest, did you receive your delivery early in the day and do you know if there were other cars delivered before or after yours? The chap in the showroom said usually two go out for delivery at a time and yesterday latest left at 11am so I was expecting it to be earlier than this.

I remember back in 2014 managing 22% discount off a factory order Audi A6 Avant Blackline fulled specced up, I miss those days when the punter had all the power , dam youuuuuuuuu Musk and your new fangled electronic automobiles
It's all Elastic Tickery! I blame Micky "the sparks" Faraday and those who let 'im out of 'is cage to eventually become a bad influence on Nick"The Serb"Tesla. I mean....young Elon never stood a chance mate.

No! What we need are some intelligent oilmen who can come up with ideas like (I paraphrase) :"There are known knowns and there are known unknowns but the really pesky buggers are those unknown unknowns.....I must explain this to Dubya and all my fellow Merkins."

Now then.....SWMBO says "I thought maybe you just might losing it.... now you have removed all doubt "

Last edited:
There are worse problems to have for sure. Glad you are enjoying yours :) all will be forgotten when mine arrives. Out of interest, did you receive your delivery early in the day and do you know if there were other cars delivered before or after yours? The chap in the showroom said usually two go out for delivery at a time and yesterday latest left at 11am so I was expecting it to be earlier than this.
There were plenty of cars in the Service Centre to be delivered (As I stared at my car through the fence last week :) )

I asked the delivery guy had he many more to do and he said no mine was the only one he did that day ? (Delivered about 12:20) ... Im only 7 miles away from SC !

There were plenty of cars in the Service Centre to be delivered (As I stared at my car through the fence last week :) )

I asked the delivery guy had he many more to do and he said no mine was the only one he did that day ? (Delivered about 12:20) ... Im only 7 miles away from SC !
Ugh that didn't help....... I feel I am torturing myself here, patience is not my forte. Though I feel a little less psychotic when you say you were staring through the fence at yours 😂 (and yet tempted to drive down and see if mine is still there).

Reactions: Wattsisname
Ugh that didn't help....... I feel I am torturing myself here, patience is not my forte. Though I feel a little less psychotic when you say you were staring through the fence at yours 😂 (and yet tempted to drive down and see if mine is still there).
Certainly not Psychotic unless i am .... oh wait ....

Picture from Thursday night 19:05 lol...... just in case anyone didnt believe me lol, My defense is I ordered a Model 3 on launch day originally (what was that 6 years ago ?) , that fell through as I switched to a lease through work, which then fell through becasue of Brexit and no Service Centre in Belfast (at that time) so switched to an etron through work, before finally ordering a Y (instead of the 3) in November last year again......my excuse is it was a LONG time coming for me, why I was staring through the fence like a weird stalker lol
fence.jpg

Certainly not Psychotic unless i am .... oh wait ....

Picture from Thursday night 19:05 lol...... just in case anyone didnt believe me lol, My defense is I ordered a Model 3 on launch day originally (what was that 6 years ago ?) , that fell through as I switched to a lease through work, which then fell through becasue of Brexit and no Service Centre in Belfast (at that time) so switched to an etron through work, before finally ordering a Y (instead of the 3) in November last year again......my excuse is it was a LONG time coming for me, why I was staring through the fence like a weird stalker lolView attachment 822153
I am glad to meet a fellow psycho.... my car arrived at bang on 5pm just as the heavens started pouring. The poor guy got drenched moving it off the truck and when I asked if he could put it in the driveway he just smiled and said "I can reverse it off or drive it on and that's about it". I then got in and my mind went blank 😂😂 should really have watched the intro vids again. Just had it out for a spin and it is very nice. A tad bumpier than I expected so I'm glad I went for the smaller wheels but I'll have to change the hub caps eventually. Here's a weird fact... my number plate is WGZ 4036!

I've just talked to my insurance, direct line. They say, in the first 12 months, they do new replacement, then after that it's like for like. I'll get gap after that I think 😬
Yes, most auto insurance policies offer replacement cover during first year as standard. Most GAP insurers will only issue insurance within 90 days of your purchase of the car. If you will want GAP insurance the advice seems to be to buy it during that 90-day window but have its effective date deferred until the end of the 1 year that your regular insurance covers you with replacement cover.

Insurance is such a minefield.