Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, delivery day went well. She’s now home and sipping some lovely Norfolkian juice from the grid. Little detail I’ve noticed this evening, the front bumper has PPF already 🧐 any one else noticed this with the current batch of Y’s? To say I’m happy is an understatement. It has to be the nicest 2 hour drive I’ve ever had. Got to play around with AP on the dual carriageway and in traffic, made the drive effortless. I’m not sure if he’s on this forum, but I hope the guy I met today at Bluewater with the beautiful Blue Y made it home safely to Ipswich. Was nice speaking to you. To everyone still waiting, it’s well worth it. Your day will soon be here.
I'll have to have a look when I wash it tomorrow. Glad the delivery went well 👌

So, delivery day went well. She’s now home and sipping some lovely Norfolkian juice from the grid. Little detail I’ve noticed this evening, the front bumper has PPF already 🧐 any one else noticed this with the current batch of Y’s? To say I’m happy is an understatement. It has to be the nicest 2 hour drive I’ve ever had. Got to play around with AP on the dual carriageway and in traffic, made the drive effortless. I’m not sure if he’s on this forum, but I hope the guy I met today at Bluewater with the beautiful Blue Y made it home safely to Ipswich. Was nice speaking to you. To everyone still waiting, it’s well worth it. Your day will soon be here.
Good looking ride, that.

Reactions: Toblerone
Exactly the same specification as mine Shane. Red / white / 20" Inductions.:cool: Looks awesome.

Absolutely gobsmacked to hear they have put PPF on the front bumper, WOW what a bonus and sincerly hope mine gets delivered today with the same.

Reactions: Toblerone
Good news Popsy pair.
That's great to hear.
Re the bumper PPF, While waiting for the trailer, I fell into conversation with a strolling Tesla manager. I mentioned PPF and he explained that I probably had it on the bumper. On close inspection, he confirmed it.
Later, at the detailers, they also inspected and pronounced, with firm confidence that there is no PPF on the car!
😤🤔🙄
Maybe a call to Tesla for clarification.
It is curious that Tesla do not trumpet the fact that they now provide this protection.

Looks stunning.
There are a few reports of front bumper ppf over in the model y thread from today. Also a post saying an April car had it.
Tesla man said yes! Detailer said "No PPF there"
We need an official statement from Tesla.
Ironic that something so, apparently, positive should be causing me irritation. Although quite unexpected, if is there, why pay twice🙃

Absolutely great experience and really well managed. I literally could have been in and out in 10 minutes. As the girl was taking me to car, she stopped and said, they're just valeting it😨😨. I almost shouted stop lol but as he drove the car too me, he got out of the car with the dreaded cloth, just one😬😬. Car is solid, no gaps, dents or scratches. Had a heart stopping moment when checking the roof. I thought it was cracked, when the missus checked it while I had broken down, it was just clear blue tape lol. Whoever is picking up tomorrow, Rock up early, if your car is there, you'll be good to go, plenty of staff there.
Excellent - fingers crossed Bristol is as efficient today then ;)

Reactions: Kingpopsy

The car looks great. Did you have to come back over the bridge? If so, any issues paying the dartford crossing charge?

No screwdriver needed! Go to the bottom right or left of the holder and look for where the horizontal part meet the corner. Insert fingers at both sides of the horizontal part about 4 inches along and pull. It should unclip at that point. Then work your way to the other side.
THANK you very much for this!!!!... wouldn't have figured it out. This will come in useful for when I put on my personalised plates once registration paperwork comes through.

Reactions: Utumno
Quick question about the wireless phone charging in the MY that I picked up yesterday. Do I have to enable the car to charge or should I just lay the phones (with or without cases) on the pads?
One is Samsung and the other is Huawei. Thanks
I actually raised this question when I sat in a new Model Y at Manchester not long back.

My iPhone 13 failed to charge with it,s cover on yet I removed it's cover and it charged immediately.

Apparantly it's a hit & miss if your phone charges with a certain brand of case on it.

Some people said it failed to work with it's cover on yet if you rotated it upside down 90 degrees it worked with the cover on.

I think it's a case (forgive the pun) of trying your own phone and see what happens.

Last edited: