Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should order another so that I can be diverted by good old school EDD watching😅
Oh don't lol. I still feel something is missing, and think it's my daily obsession with Mr M, the shipping thread and VIN tracker ahahahaa.

Oh talking of which... today I parked somewhere a little dodge, so kept checking in on Snowy with the live camera... I sort of over stayed my welcome and got told I used up all my sim daily usage 😆😁 - didn't help because after that I couldn't check at all... I didn't read the manual. Oopsies! Lesson learned.. only 15 mins of live streaming allowed per day huh? I got to either not park Snowy in an unsavoury place or keep my checks to literally a fleeting check ahahahah.

All part of the experience!

Oh don't lol. I still feel something is missing, and think it's my daily obsession with Mr M, the shipping thread and VIN tracker ahahahaa.

Oh talking of which... today I parked somewhere a little dodge, so kept checking in on Snowy with the live camera... I sort of over stayed my welcome and got told I used up all my sim daily usage 😆😁 - didn't help because after that I couldn't check at all... I didn't read the manual. Oopsies! Lesson learned.. only 15 mins of live streaming allowed per day huh? I got to either not park Snowy in an unsavoury place or keep my checks to literally a fleeting check ahahahah.

Brilliant! What fun it is😎

So I placed my order on 18th June - Long way to go yet for me.
But I am confused on what happens now...

Sorry if this question is often asked, but the forum isnt quiet coming up with the answers to my searches, so I'd thought I would ask.

Tesla are asking me to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" - my EDD is not till Oct 16th to Nov 30th
a few questions:

1. Do I need to make my down payment now? (Im doing a tesla Loan and its quite a big sum of money im putting down)
2. I have not been allocated a VIN yet (I know im super early) how do I find out my VIN number? Is it quite obvious on the Tesla site?
3. When would it best to make this downpayment? As im unsure whether it would affect my EDD. Some are saying to wait for a VIN allocation, whereas some have said they made the downpayment as soon as possible which then brought forward their EDD.

Again, apologies if this has been asked before hand. So I appreciate some of you are repeating yourselves.

So I placed my order on 18th June - Long way to go yet for me.
But I am confused on what happens now...

Sorry if this question is often asked, but the forum isnt quiet coming up with the answers to my searches, so I'd thought I would ask.

Tesla are asking me to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" - my EDD is not till Oct 16th to Nov 30th
a few questions:

1. Do I need to make my down payment now? (Im doing a tesla Loan and its quite a big sum of money im putting down)
2. I have not been allocated a VIN yet (I know im super early) how do I find out my VIN number? Is it quite obvious on the Tesla site?
3. When would it best to make this downpayment? As im unsure whether it would affect my EDD. Some are saying to wait for a VIN allocation, whereas some have said they made the downpayment as soon as possible which then brought forward their EDD.

Again, apologies if this has been asked before hand. So I appreciate some of you are repeating yourselves.
There may be different views but I will try to answer your questions, In the order raised
1.You only have to make the full payment ahead of your delivery once this has been confirmed to you by Tesla. Up until this you can cancel (take a look at order agreement on your Tesla account page) at risk of losing your non refundable deposit. Many people make the payment about one week away from their pickup date,

2. A VIN will be assigned to you once a vehicle has been matched with your order. Normally not officially advised to you by Tesla until about 2 weeks from handover date. It is however discoverable ahead of this formal notification through "source code" on your Tesla account page, but not until about 1 month away from delivery, around the time the car is on the ship from Shanghai. This is often first concrete sign a buyer gets (finds for themselves) that a car has been matched.

3. Apart from comments at 1) some say that if you pay earlier, that should a car matching your spec become available (a cancelation from another customer) that you have a better chance of getting it assigned to you (makes sense). However that is not to say that payment brings the natural cycle of your order forward.

Great to see all the collections and really really can not wait for our turn.

I am thinking July will be a quiet month but hoping the boat race will begin around August time.

Enjoy your lovely new Teslas you lucky lot and hopefully see you on the road in a couple of months.

So, I guess this is goodbye to Q2 and hello to Q3! 😊
😀You beat me to it;

I was about to proclaim a welcome and all the best to the Class of Q3 2023. In particularly those of you who had (realistically) hoped to graduate by 30 June.

Commiserations and encouragement are due to you now and to your spouses and families, dependent and otherwise, going forward. 😱

So may all your EDDs shorten and your tempers lengthen, and may your humour and inate sense of fun and your sense of the ridiculous blossom in the the face of the coming roller coater ride🥳Huzzah🥳
May your Q3 contributions to this place bring light where darkness lurks to envelop you with his shroud of despair on days of bad EDD news.

Remember, If you can hold firm and keep your your head while all around you are doin' their nut......then.......
You will be a Y man one day my son
So! Go forth to your constituencies and accessory stores. and prepare for your Tesla.....
Land of hope and glory ... ...

😀You beat me to it;

I was about to proclaim a welcome and all the best to the Class of Q3 2022 In particularly those of you who had (realistically) hoped to graduate by 30 June.

Commiserations and encouragement are due to you now and to your spouses and families, dependent and otherwise, going forward. 😱

So may all your EDDs shorten and your tempers lengthen, and may your humour and inate sense of fun and your sense of the ridiculous blossom in the the face of the coming roller coater ride🥳Huzzah🥳
May your Q3 contributions to this place bring light where darkness lurks to envelop you with his shroud of despair on days of bad EDD news.

Remember, If you can hold firm and keep your your head while all around you are doin' their nut......then.......
You will be a Y man one day my son
So! Go forth to your constituencies and accessory stores. and prepare for your Tesla.....
Land of hope and glory ... ...
should be class of 2022!

• Funny
Reactions: Kingpopsy
Have you heard anything yet? I had an RN number from Zen that Tesla confirmed would be delviered at the end of June, but not received any delivery info from Zen yet.
Yes, my Y turned up about 4 hours past the delivery window. The poor delivery guy was so stressed, traffic had been a nightmare.

Have Tesla been in touch? We’re you allocated a VIN and Reg? Seems strange you had confirmation it’ll be with you next week - why the delay

Just a heads up from the otherside. You don’t gain any spare time from no longer checking the forums, app, VIN checker and looking for the latest wise words from @Mr Miserable You spend hours checking the car on the app, looking at the live sentry video feeds and adjusting millions of settings. Then checking the forums to see how things are going. Looks like Q3 is going to be busy!

Update, for those interested!

I went to bed with 60% charge, woke up with 59% after preconditioning for departure, commuted 15 miles to work and arrived with 55% of charge remaining.

I didn't bother using Sentry Mode over night as my car is parked relatively securely.

@Frizzy you are correct, I feel like my obsession with Tesla would have stopped after taking delivery. But indeed, I haven't stopped checking the app and playing with stuff. I pressed the 'start' button under controls (didn't know what it did) and then panicked as the Tesla is parked underground in a busy car park 😂. I now know that it gives remote access, so won't be pressing again :).

She's still fairly clean as well!

20220701_084456.jpg

Just wanted to share my experience yesterday at Trafford - Really pleased to report no issues with panel gaps, dents, scratches, swirls in the paint, roof lining etc - We arrived 2.5 hours early (the car was not washed ;)) and was allowed to collect the car, no problem. A lady came with us to the car and showed us how to open the door, App was activated and started working immediately. We drove the car to a quiet area in the compound and was allowed to give the car a good look over. There was another gentleman that had arrived early to avoid the wash and his car was also very good with only a bubble in the PPF near the drivers side rear wheel and this was rectified immediately by the Tesla Rangers on hand there. All in all very pleased and absolutely loved the whole experience and the car is awesome. Everyone waiting for their new Tesla, look forward to your new car with confidence and on reflection I think that all the issues highlighted on forums are the minority, not the majority! DEFINITELY WORTH THE WAIT....

Attachments

• 17CEF5B8-92D2-49F4-98A2-1FC2E41A8E1A.jpg
    17CEF5B8-92D2-49F4-98A2-1FC2E41A8E1A.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 390976A9-7956-48A1-8CF2-F4DFB8A1A4DD.jpg
    390976A9-7956-48A1-8CF2-F4DFB8A1A4DD.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
Just wanted to share my experience yesterday at Trafford - Really pleased to report no issues with panel gaps, dents, scratches, swirls in the paint, roof lining etc - We arrived 2.5 hours early (the car was not washed ;)) and was allowed to collect the car, no problem. A lady came with us to the car and showed us how to open the door, App was activated and started working immediately. We drove the car to a quiet area in the compound and was allowed to give the car a good look over. There was another gentleman that had arrived early to avoid the wash and his car was also very good with only a bubble in the PPF near the drivers side rear wheel and this was rectified immediately by the Tesla Rangers on hand there. All in all very pleased and absolutely loved the whole experience and the car is awesome. Everyone waiting for their new Tesla, look forward to your new car with confidence and on reflection I think that all the issues highlighted on forums are the minority, not the majority! DEFINITELY WORTH THE WAIT....
Not being biased (I am) but Model Y's look incredible in Midnight Silver!

best colour by miles :)

Congrats!

Queenpopsy did suggest we have a graduation party 🎓🎓🎉🎊
A regal suggestion. At least a Supercharger meet. Perhaps somewhere in middle Britain determined by the centre " of gravity" point of all our address....

... Frizzy to build the postcode database and calculate. We all to check except Ireland, Wales and Scotland who's role is to bitch about having to come to England for the reunion and then insistsisting on a recount.😤

I see no obstacles in our way and It will be fun race around in convoy terrorising the locals with our silence.

Quick question new delivery peeps, what version of software is on yours ? Mine is 2022.11.102 which is quite old, it’s been parked with strong signal and no updates …. Fairly chilled as I know it’ll arrive at some stage, just wondered what others experience had been.

Also just picked up this morning from local Detailer ….. what a job , it was good anyway but now it looks amazing, silky smooth and the pearl pops, he also recommended removing the plate holders and mounting plate to the mount directly, looks so much better.

Loving the car so much !

385A10BF-2D89-4E70-8DF7-7CEEA5F9709B.jpeg
A19CBDAC-AB1E-4D3E-BB4E-E15D249FB831.jpeg