Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a better pic

Attachments

• 20220630_194832.jpg
    20220630_194832.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 67
Picked up from Southampton this afternoon. Big long queue but didn't mind waiting as I knew it'd be worth it.

Shortish drive home for me back to Winchester. Funny seeing so many other new Tesla owners on the road on the way home.

Car drives great. Zero issues with the car that I can see, immaculate. Took one picture when I got home as it started pissing it down. Looking forward to using it properly tomorrow and beyond!
I got the same configuration, looks lovely! Congrats.

Tesla do a lovely fob which operates doors and both boots.

It's car shaped so you simply press on the appropriate part of the fob. I bought one in March, on the day I ordered the car because it is a beautifully designed object of desire ...

.........or as SWMBO said " It's not much use for anything without the car" ......to be fair.....that was when when our EDD changed to September.

She has really changed the record now that Lizzie has arrived ..."So, are you going to use the fob or not......"

Of course, I forgot to take it to Staines. It resides on a shelf in all its piano black (but dusty) loveliness and so we had to rely on old school tech.....the phone key;):rolleyes:
I had an MS with a key fob before selling to fund the MY. Easy to use for an old git like me.

View attachment 823152Well what a day. It’s been a long wait since January for this day to come but to those reading and waiting, the day comes. Everything was great and as expected. Trade in, didn’t look at it, 2 mins with the TA handed the keys and boom it’s mine. Good thorough check of the car, looks lovely, can’t find any issues. All the cables I was expecting supplied, 50% charged, no swirls. Calibration took about 6 miles. Stopped at a Supercharger on the way home and that all worked like a treat too. Home plug works, that’s a relief it was fitted in February… Hang on in there folks. D days will come… fab drive home, looking for excuses to go out!
Thanks for the update and the pep-talk... seeing all these cars coming in over the past week has given me a boost that we are getting closer. Enjoy the ride!

38c is not that bad -- do not worry. And you should be able to turn on climate control from your phone (in addition to overheat protection, Dog Mode, etc). But my detailer would be very unhappy if I started turning on climate settings remotely. He said the first thing he does when he starts working on the car is shut off climate control. Like yours, our Y is with a detailer for full paint correction and PPF. Paint was in great condition, by the way, only a few minor nits found by the detailer none of which are unexpected. He was pleased, so I am as well.
Yes, my paint paint made a lie of the horror stories too. Very good indeed. Does your Y have Tesla applied PPF to the front?

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
Picked up from Southampton this afternoon. Big long queue but didn't mind waiting as I knew it'd be worth it.

Shortish drive home for me back to Winchester. Funny seeing so many other new Tesla owners on the road on the way home.

Car drives great. Zero issues with the car that I can see, immaculate. Took one picture when I got home as it started pissing it down. Looking forward to using it properly tomorrow and beyond!
She's a lovely...I bet she's got a trick or two to teach you.....she'll be thrilling and willing...:cool: