Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone managed to get Spotify to work? Every time I try to launch it it just stays on 'signing in' for the Tesla account. I have tried the reboot and its the same...
Works fine for me, did you get the Premium connectivity as mine had expired so I purchased anyway.

I have a spotify family plan so simply logged in with that. A tip for anyone with a family plan, make sure you set up a seperate Spotify profile for the car otherwise everytime you drive it and someone else is listening to the same profile it willcut off the music to start playing in the car.

I simply created a new account and shared all my popular playlist with the new spotify fmail member, zero extra cost as I have a family plan

Works fine for me, did you get the Premium connectivity as mine had expired so I purchased anyway.

I have a spotify family plan so simply logged in with that. A tip for anyone with a family plan, make sure you set up a seperate Spotify profile for the car otherwise everytime you drive it and someone else is listening to the same profile it willcut off the music to start playing in the car.

I simply created a new account and shared all my popular playlist with the new spotify fmail member, zero extra cost as I have a family plan

My premium just activated a few days ago, so doubt it's that. Will need to have another go - though I don't even get the screen to log in (if I had a Spotify Premium account).

Yes please do tell. They look super cool.
I could probably wait until 7th July to measure Lizzie's, but I would quite like to know the width of the Tesla supplied plates in order to help me order UK Union flag plates.

Although, having looked at her photo again, that green strip might accommodate Union Jack and UK stickers. Also, looking forward to the lowdown on repositioning the plates. I don't have the car here at present. Did I mention:rolleyes: Lizzie is away at a spa (No! not a corner shop) for a few days of treatments?

Anyone venturing over/under La Manche anytime soon?

Does the Tesla Premium connectivity give us a Spotify Premium account or simply allow us to play our own account through theInfotainment stereo system?

Also, I understand that I can bluetooth my own iPhone music library but it will not be up to the Infotainment Spotify stereo quality.!??

Snowy is on v11.0 (2022.11.102) as well - That is with the ADVANCED update preference as well. Says the car software is up to date as of 1 Jul.

I have noticed late 2021 productions produced after 20 Nov 2021 and delivered after approx 20 Dec 2021 have had versions 2022.12.3.2 downloaded since approx two months ago. Models produced after 20 Dec 2021 (referred to as 22 models) are generally receiving older software version updates, example, 2022.11.?.? as you state above. Difficult to present a technical explaination as to why but from my understanding from a senior Tesla technician vehicles will only download software versions in compliance with the hardware installed/mounted on the vehicle. For example vehicles which have the Data enabled USB Hub and the Central Steering Control Module and several other modules missing on the 22 productions, receive a totally different (older versions) software update than to those 21 productions. Here is an example of a 2021 model which had 2022.12 downloaded 2-months ago:

1656673712957.png

Attachments

• 1656673064946.png
    1656673064946.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 89
Reactions: Snowy77
Does the Tesla Premium connectivity give us a Spotify Premium account or simply allow us to play our own account through theInfotainment stereo system?

Also, I understand that I can bluetooth my own iPhone music library but it will, I not be up to the Infotainment Spotify stereo quality.!??
Not a Spotify Premium account in the sense that you can log in and use the car's account credentials elsewhere, but you do get a "free" account in the Tesla that appears to function similarly to a premium account in terms of ads. The annoyance (I am not a Spotify account holder myself, prefer Tidal) from what I read is you can't create and share playlists as you can with your own Premium account.

Bluetooth from my iPhone seems to work well but it will be at a potentially lower audio quality. At motorway speeds it is questionable if you'd notice given the road and wind noise, but sitting in a parked car it is.

Not a Spotify Premium account in the sense that you can log in and use the car's account credentials elsewhere, but you do get a "free" account in the Tesla that appears to function similarly to a premium account in terms of ads. The annoyance (I am not a Spotify account holder myself, prefer Tidal) from what I read is you can't create and share playlists as you can with your own Premium account.

Bluetooth from my iPhone seems to work well but it will be at a potentially lower audio quality. At motorway speeds it is questionable if you'd notice given the road and wind noise, but sitting in a parked car it is.
Thank you for that @KennethS.

I have basic Spotify on my iPhone but do not use it often. It will be fun to try it in its Premium form in the car. It may, along with the other goodies, justify continuing with Tesla Premium.

We seem to end up with so many streaming subscriptions that don't get used much, a house keeping blitz is required now and then....before we start subscribing all over again. This is usually prompted by one highly rated Box Set. Our stalwarts are NEFX, Autie 1,2,4 and Chanel 4.

Just to add to the tale of pickup success, Tesla have now refunded the 18k back in my account, I had a feeling it would be the day after the QTR ended.

Must say to anyone waiting, the car is so much better then I imagined.

Red with Black handles and wheels makes a nice contrast, no issues with ride.

This car is far better then the demo I took for a drive that had hard suspension and jittery. Rides better then my Skoda superb estate and the wife's Kodiaq (that's going), they were on 19" wheels.

As a family car it's perfect for our use, with the speed boost acceleration it's crazy. This is fast to 60 then the Alpine a110 I just sold. That weighed just over a tonne, this thing ways 2 tonnes+ . How this is even possible amazes me. I was going to hold out for a performance I originally ordered but glad I switched. The auto regen braking means I hardly use the breaks so performance breaks wouldn't have really added anything.

Build quality is great on mine so no concerns, owned lots of Audi's and BMers over the years. Car had no scratches and no misalignment.

Staff were courteous and helpful. I went through the same stages of despair having also been messed around by Skoda on an Enyaq , glad I cancelled and went for the model Y.

Good luck to all those waiting to pick up this quarter, any questions let me know
Super glad to hear that your refund got sorted without recourse to law !