Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time reader - first time poster.

MY/LR/White/Black/19 - EAP - RN assigned 24/3/2022 - ordered via lease company.

No EDD for ages - then Aug -Oct in last 3 months - Now -no EDD

Phoned Tesla on multiple occasions - slightly different response each time I ring.

Summary - They have high confidence given the age of my order that I will be matched to a car in the next few weeks - highest probability of delivery is early September. Advised to ring in every 2 weeks as I will get the golden ticket text before the lease company do!

They did say they were still matching some orders from 2021 which would take priority, but were very confident that I would receive it in September - so crossing fingers and toes!!

Reactions: Toblerone
Just to make sure I am not checking in the wrong place 3 times a day. To find VIN in the source code, I go to my Tesla Account, pull up the Dashboard View, select my car, next page loading shows my car details, finance etc. Hit CRTL U to pull up source code, Hit CRTL F, Search for showdocument. As long as I see this, I do not have a VIN. Or am I missing anything? Thanks
View attachment 835700
There is a much simpler one click solution in my TeslaUpdate | Linktree

Ensure you are signed into your Tesla account then click VIN check, when you have a VIN it looks like this

Attachments

• D07DE417-CAE4-4204-9899-5556D832C5FE.jpeg
    D07DE417-CAE4-4204-9899-5556D832C5FE.jpeg
    590.5 KB · Views: 1,546

Phoned Tesla on multiple occasions - slightly different response each time I ring.

Summary - They have high confidence given the age of my order that I will be matched to a car in the next few weeks - highest probability of delivery is early September. Advised to ring in every 2 weeks as I will get the golden ticket text before the lease company do!

They did say they were still matching some orders from 2021 which would take priority, but were very confident that I would receive it in September - so crossing fingers and toes!!
Should add - can't see EDD in Tesla account as through lease company - which may be a bleasing - so reliant on phone updates

Hi, long time member first time poster. Info might be reassuring for some. Spoke to TA this morning to ask about my EDD, like others my dates vanished from the App weeks ago and there is no sign of it retuning any time soon, although can see it online in my account. Ordered MSM/19/black April 15th for NEC. Initially an EDD June, then Sept and then worked to a 3 day delivery window at end of June (stupidly got v excited) and then predictably slipped to Sept-Oct. I’ve been sitting on 5-30 Sept for a few weeks now.

TA confirmed currently I’m estimated Sept delivery. I pushed a little and asked how likely that is (I know!) he said he wouldn’t quantify it but it’s “highly likely” that it will come in Sept. I also asked if there were any other shipments expected to leave this quarter and he said yes. He told me that I’d probably need to wait another 3 weeks for an update. I’ve read enough on here to know that this could all be made up, but I’ll move forward with some cautious optimism and maybe not check my online EDD every half hour for a week or two! Not getting my hopes up, but nice to know it’s still somewhere in the system!
I ordered 12th but still sitting on August 26th - October 10th. Interesting quite a few people who ordered before and after me have narrower dates.

Reactions: nscar

Same spec as me, got my RN 16th March, also through a lease company. Fingers crossed we hear something in next few weeks.

my order was 15/03/2022 same spec, order direct with Tesla than transferred to lease company. No EDD and same different messages from Tesla. Not holding my breath. My company has numerous people ordering cars via salary sacrifice and same lease company. Delivery date has not matched order dates, with some April orders driving model Ys as we speak.

my order was 15/03/2022 same spec, order direct with Tesla than transferred to lease company. No EDD and same different messages from Tesla. Not holding my breath. My company has numerous people ordering cars via salary sacrifice and same lease company. Delivery date has not matched order dates, with some April orders driving model Ys as we speak.
would also say, same lease company (Tusker) has 9 model Ys that if you order today they claim you will get the end of September. Hows is that remotely possible?

would also say, same lease company (Tusker) has 9 model Ys that if you order today they claim you will get the end of September. Hows is that remotely possible?
Let’s say they ordered 20 cars in March and have customer orders for 11.
Or, they are being less than truthful to get more sales…

Your other point about April orders driving cars is exactly how it works. There are others here who are also driving them.

The lease Co could have had an order in from earlier in the year. After that, there is a ‘queue’ with Tesla for each spec. Some longer than others.

If you ordered a less popular combo, you get a shorter wait. We may be seeing this with MSM this quarter with the EDDs looking further out.

Last edited:
Hi All - I've been a long-time Tesla enthusiast for a good few years now, and I finally, FINALLY bit the bullet and placed an order on 7th July. Current EDD range is between 15th Nov - 30 December. Went with a M3P white with the white interior.

Assuming I'll be assigned a VIN around Oct/Nov time?
I ordered same on 29th of April and still waiting. EDD sept

Nice choice ;)

The covid shutdowns in Shanghai obviously won't have helped, but I understand they've been carrying out assembly line improvements/upgrades too recently (due for completion this week iirc) to boost the volumes they can churn out. Hopefully that will help move things along.
I was once like you. Full of hope and dreams, ordering accessories for a car I don't even have yet. That is until I found this forum and the shipping thread. Then I learned a valuable lesson. Hope is a dangerous thing.

I was once like you. Full of hope and dreams, ordering accessories for a car I don't even have yet. That is until I found this forum and the shipping thread. Then I learned a valuable lesson. Hope is a dangerous thing.

Oh man. Sorry you've had a bunch of trouble (can see by your sig thing). It's funny though - I have already seen the shipping thread 😂 I thought I knew a lot about Tesla's and then have looked here and seen there's a whole other level of in-depth detail and knowledge out there.

Reactions: JOL1