Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are bigger margins on the high-spec cars though, and they used to prioritise these as a result. That's why Performance versions generally had shorter delivery estimates. At least that's my understanding of how it generally works.
I also suspect that the MY variants are now outselling M3 variants despite their higher price tag due to the global obsession with SUV/ crossover models ( admittedly I fell into this trap too, cancelling my M3 RWD order for a MYLR!)

With respect, and lots of respect as it turns out, you’ve got your date and are in the next phase. What does it matter wrt what ship its on? Mr M provides super and detailed updates of how planned ships are coming along. He isn’t a Tesla employee but is particularly helpful in looking out for news of when next deliveries may happen to prompt people looking for VINS/confirmation they are at the stage you’re now at.
Lol surely the shipping channel is the right place to speculate which ship my car might be on... None of the chatter on this channel makes any material impact on the actual date you receive your car, except it's comforting to be better informed. @Mr Miserable I think you do an incredible job in informing the rest of us with your knowledge and hope you continue to do so!

Out of question how did people get home delivery? As I have to do a 200 mile round trip to Manchester to collect mine
I was meant to be picking up from Bluewater, however a quick live chat got that changed to home delivery and now my account shows my delivery location as my address. Do bare in mind that my address is only about 30-40 mins from the Bluewater collection centre

I ordered from Tesla directly via Tesla Loan on 28/04. Try a chat and see what can be done.

I was meant to be picking up from Bluewater, however a quick live chat got that changed to home delivery and now my account shows my delivery location as my address. Do bare in mind that my address is only about 30-40 mins from the Bluewater collection centre

I ordered from Tesla directly via Tesla Loan on 28/04. Try a chat and see what can be done.
Hi, do you have a VIN yet? What are your specs please I’m only asking as I have an order placed on 25/04 collection from Bluewater as well still waiting for a VIN…

Thanks, just talking to them now will see what they say but just don't want it to push my order back.

Reactions: Edward Mango

Thank you so much for this, decided to give them a call as person on chat wasn't very helpful. He has confirmed that they are due deliveries August and September. So assuming more deliveries will come Q3 as per Mr M's amazing prediction. And they are going to have a word with the delivery team and raise a case to get me Home delivery hopefully they will do it :)

Reactions: H15EEA
Just called up Tesla as got a M3 RWD with EDD 24-30 September with no VIN yet. They have told me they are expecting shipments August and September, so I am assuming @Mr Miserable amazing prediction of more ships coming to UK with M3s is bang on correct. Hopefully we will be able pin point these ships soon and hopefully I get a VIN this time around.
Is this to the UK? When did you order? What is your EDD showing in the app?

Reactions: Edward Mango
Yeah this is for the UK and EDD in app is 24-30 September. I am sure I put that in the message 🤦‍♂️ I have got grey M3 rwd, black, standard wheels. Placed it back in October 2021 but had to place the order on hold. Took it off hold around April/May I believe
Ah yes sorry I read your post wrongs. I think you’re one of the only ones I’ve seen for RWD order with a EDD before November! That’s amazing news and keeps my hopes up for mine coming! Hopefully you should see a VIN in the coming weeks

I've been lurking on shipping as a couple of friends have Y's on order .... the first one is almost done, ordered April '22, EDD moved out, then back in again and then advised on the 27/7/22 his car was coming in .... paid or it and he got his number plate today. Collection 5/9/22 at Dartford / Bluewater. Model Y, White/Black 19's. He cancelled an Audi Q4 due to the delivery getting pushed out to "we don't know"

The second car, ordered in London 23/5/22. EDD pushed back to 15/9/22 - 29/12/22 (why bother !) 2/8/22 he gets told 08/09/22 - 30/09/22 (MY, Blue/Black 19's).

No why nor wherefore to this it seems, all very different from when I picked my car up in March 2020 (selected from the "secret inventory" and driving in under a week), patience seems to be the name of the game but easier said than done !

So that's 1 XC60 driver and 1 Q7 driver converted (hopefully)

I'm probably about the same distance as you from Bluewater. Had asked for home delivery and it came up as unavailable when I ordered, hence Bluewater. But now I look at my account I can't see it mentioned anywhere. It just talks about delivery date. Could this mean I'm now down for home delivery? Because that would be great if so.

I'm probably about the same distance as you from Bluewater. Had asked for home delivery and it came up as unavailable when I ordered, hence Bluewater. But now I look at my account I can't see it mentioned anywhere. It just talks about delivery date. Could this mean I'm now down for home delivery? Because that would be great if so.
I spoke to a lovely guy on the phone and he said it all depends on your case. So they raise a case with the delivery team and its either a thumbs up or thumbs down. So give them a call but he did say you might need a VIN number before they start saying yes. Definitely worth a try

I spoke to a lovely guy on the phone and he said it all depends on your case. So they raise a case with the delivery team and its either a thumbs up or thumbs down. So give them a call but he did say you might need a VIN number before they start saying yes. Definitely worth a try
I’ll give it a try - can’t hurt can it! Thanks so much!

Hi, do you have a VIN yet? What are your specs please I’m only asking as I have an order placed on 25/04 collection from Bluewater as well still waiting for a VIN…
Yeah, like yourself I was only offered Bluewater as an option but my account recently updated to the ‘we’re drafting your contract’ thingy. Prior to this is when I’d requested home delivery via chat and it was changed so it stated my home address under ‘Delivery Location’. I’d recommend doing a chat to double check

Attachments

• 478C0894-1E5F-48DF-B45B-4F504CFFD6DB.jpeg
    478C0894-1E5F-48DF-B45B-4F504CFFD6DB.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 63